What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I'm thinking of taking some money out of next payday to pick up some top tier golf balls. I could use some recommendations, my swing speed is less than 100 and probably 90 ish

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Wilson Staff new 4 piece FG Tour can still be had at Academy Sports for $30.

Wilson Staff new 4 piece FG Tour can still be had at Academy Sports for $30.

There isn't one in Memphis quite yet, they're building one though!

Same price online.

Oooohhhhh. I'll try those, heard great things, but I want to know about other brands

Tried the B330-RX yesterday. Great distance off the tee, but I keep coming back to the Z-Star. Best ball around the greens I've ever seen.

I decided I better start using up some of my ball stash, so the last couple of rounds I have been using the Callaway Chrome+. I really am enjoying the performance I have been getting out of it, it isn't going to knock the Srixion SL out of the top spot but it is very close.

Tried out the Callaway X2 Hot. I was pleasantly surprised. Seemed pretty similar to my SR2. Reminds me a lot of the e5. I'd buy a box if I didn't already have a year's supply of SR2s

Supersofts and Q-Stars...just trying to figure out what one I like the best.

Supersofts and a surprising ball, B330-RXS, that RXS was showing pretty good green side action!

Z stars. One white, one yellow. Same ball.
Golf is weird. I didn't really like the white one and played bad with it. I played pretty well with the yellow one.
Crazy game

I've been playing with them TaylorMade TP 3 and some Bridgestone 330 rxs and I'm just playing lights out with them.

LOL me too. I have been playing the Ss for a couple months and have been playing the Q Star and loving it. So as of now I will say Q Stars......... Like I said, for now LOL

E6 in yellow! It's such a different shade from Srixon...I loved it though. One ball for 9 holes and I'll play it again tomorrow.

I strongly favor the Q star of the two of these, especially around the green.

Played the Callaway SR2 and was very impressed. I usually struggle off the tee with lower compression balls but the SR2 was very accurate. Good distance and spin around the green. Having played 1 round with both the SR2 and SR3 I'm not sure which one I like more which is a pleasant surprise since I couldn't hit the Chrome and Chrome+. Callaway has done a real good job with the SR line. I'll be trying a 2014 Bridgestone for my next round to see what the Hydro Core is about but the SR 2 and 3 have set the bar high.

Love me some hydrocores but the Nike 20xi for $20 are hard to beat.

Played the last couple of rounds with the Bridgestone B330-S, I think I have found the perfect ball for me. Good distance off the tee and nice feel chipping and putting.

Still the SuperSoft. I don't see myself changing any time soon. If anything, if it's a short par 3 and I know I can stick it with a wedge shot I'll switch the Project (a), but that's about it.

I am obviously in the minority. I play far less expensive distance balls, and my short game is based on judging rollout, not check/spin. I also consider my short game to be my strong suit ... so ... golf is cheaper for me - I don't have to buy tour balls (it really does amaze me how many guys foot the bill for even mid priced $25/doz balls - I just can't bring myself to do it) !! :confused2:

Last edited:
Right now I play either Wilson Staff Duo or Titleist DT Solo. Those two balls seem to work best for me and my slow swing speed.

Last edited:
Wilson Duo/Bridgestone e6. Still trying them but the Bridgestone seems to be working better for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tired the Callaway supersofts for the past 2 weeks. Really DO NOT like this ball. I usually love Callaway golf balls but the supersoft was "soft" off the tee and not nearly as far as any other ball in my bag. I normally play the EG or the Hex Chrome or NXT and they were out distancing the supersoft by at least 25-30 ft. It was a slow day on the course last week and i played 2-3 balls per hole. Each hole the same old story. They do feel great off the irons however, but off the tee i lost alot of distance.

i wanted to like the supersoft but i am not willing to give up that much distance. A few club lengths sure, but not 7-10 yards.

Back to the Z Star after deciding to end the B330-RX experiment. The Bridgestone just doesn't give me enough short game control. It's stops dead on full shots, but it runs out too far on half shots and chips. It's a good ball, just not for me.

Started off with a 2014 Bridgestone B330 RX, lost it on #6 and played the rest of my round with a Callaway SR3. I was +7 on the first 6 holes with the 330RX, +6 on the last 12 holes with the SR3. I'm not saying the ball was the difference in my scores today but the SR3 was the clear winner over the 330RX. Comparing the 2, I'd say the distance was similar but the SR3 was a little straighter off the tee and had a little more bite on the greens. I did really like the feel of the 330RX but at this point I'd take the SR3 over the 330RX.

Z Star SL treated me well tonight at league. Love the tour yellow color!

Back