DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still working on the date, but Raspberry Falls is an awesome track.

It really is. I think the fairways are very generous (a big plus in my book) but it requires a good second shot and you have to pay attention on the greens.

Probably in my top 5 in the whole Mid Atlantic area along with Worthington Manor.

Still working on the date, but Raspberry Falls is an awesome track.

I have been wanting to play that one - a bit of a haul for me, but who cares - its THPers!

I have been wanting to play that one - a bit of a haul for me, but who cares - its THPers!

Where are you coming from?

Never heard if it but if you say so ill take your word for it, I'm in

A Gary Player design. It has a very linksey feel. Well as much as Loudon County can be. Ha

But wide fairways, huge greens with lots of subtle undulation and some elevation changes. Usually fantastic conditions.

Shouldn't be trouble for you to get too. Is say it's about 20 minutes south on 15 off 370/70

Let's get some discussion going for 17 Aug. primarily general location for us to target getting together. I was thinking renditions. Or the general area. Northern Va works too.

I'd love to play. I still have my girls for the next few weeks, but I'll keep an eye out for the final pick on the course. Be nice to knock it around a little before PGA National (and since I missed the OC event... I was on the waiting list and finally gave up and made alternate plans for that weekend and got a PM from THP 2 days later that there was an opening and I was next on the list... that'll teach me to give up making it into an event last minute).

I'm coming out of Southern MD, but have no problem traveling to wherever in the area, just let me know.

I'd love to play. I still have my girls for the next few weeks, but I'll keep an eye out for the final pick on the course. Be nice to knock it around a little before PGA National (and since I missed the OC event... I was on the waiting list and finally gave up and made alternate plans for that weekend and got a PM from THP 2 days later that there was an opening and I was next on the list... that'll teach me to give up making it into an event last minute).

I'm coming out of Southern MD, but have no problem traveling to wherever in the area, just let me know.

Yeah it will definitely be great to get some local Bridgestone players together.

Raspberry falls at $105 is a bit steep in price for this kind of get together IMO

Raspberry falls at $105 is a bit steep in price for this kind of get together IMO

Yea, I'd agree. Maybe if we get enough people they will work out a deal?

Hollow Creek is a great course and I think their prime time rate is still 65.00

Worthington Manor $69 USGA course?

Raspberry will not work any deals anymore with the somewhat new management. I do not mind to pay for the nicer courses but I am sure others do not want to drop the coin. Raspberry is a beautiful course, about an hour and ten minutes from my casa.

I am about an hour and a half if not a hair more from Renditions. Really do not want to drive more than that if I do not have to, I would also prefer an earlier tee time, 8-9am?

You guys work out where and I will try my damnedest to be there.

Played Renditions yesterday for 52 bucks at 3. It was my first time out there and man what an experience such a cool place to play.

I snapped a bunch of pics but here are a couple of highlights.

yramy8ag.jpg

a8a2umy8.jpg

yru2upuh.jpg

I thought the course was in great shape. Greens were extremely well kept and rolled very true.

Overall a really cool golfing experience. I played in a 4 v 4 best ball with some good buddies and we had a blast. Really would like to get back there and really test my game out.

This was one of my favorite parts, had one on each hole......

sa8urame.jpg

Nice pics man, Defiantly a fun course. Heck maybe we should just do Renditions? I have got some good deals off of golfnow.

Nice pics man, Defiantly a fun course. Heck maybe we should just do Renditions? I have got some good deals off of golfnow.
I would absolutely play there again. My buddies and I usually play later in the afternoon to catch the Twilight deals and for 52 bucks that place is a steal IMO. Nice range also

Good point. We don't want to eliminate anyone due to price. We should try to have as many as possible that can make the date.

Worthington Manor $69 USGA course?
Love that course. One of the few that rank ahead of Raspberry Falls on my top 5 list. The WRX guys had a big outing there this year....so we should avoid it....ha ha j/k

Raspberry will not work any deals anymore with the somewhat new management. I do not mind to pay for the nicer courses but I am sure others do not want to drop the coin. Raspberry is a beautiful course, about an hour and ten minutes from my casa.

I am about an hour and a half if not a hair more from Renditions. Really do not want to drive more than that if I do not have to, I would also prefer an earlier tee time, 8-9am?

I'll make it easy or tough. I honestly don't care where or what time we play. I just want to play golf with some DMV THP'ers.

That said any of the courses already mentioned would be great.

Renditions would definitely be near the top of my list.

You parred 17, you are my hero. Tell me, what does a par on that hole feel like. I imagine it must feel pretty darn good.

It felt great, went long then chipped to 12". They had the sucker pin up front, definitely a tough hole. My father in law baptized 3 before he got on dry land

I've played Raspberry Falls quite a bit the last 5 years or so. I have a connection that can get a pretty good deal on rates with the new management. If we get a head count I can inquire. What time are you all thinking of going out? I'm confident I can get it to the $70 range at a minimum for a morning tee time, obviously better for the afternoon

I've played Raspberry Falls quite a bit the last 5 years or so. I have a connection that can get a pretty good deal on rates with the new management. If we get a head count I can inquire. What time are you all thinking of going out? I'm confident I can get it to the $70 range at a minimum for a morning tee time, obviously better for the afternoon

Wow. That would be an awesome rate for a weekend.

No official count yet, but based on the replies I'd say two foursomes. Possibly a third if more start chiming in.

What date are we thinking about again?

August 17th

It's the day after I get back from MB so I should be ok to go but still haven't to check with the wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back