DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it. Hopefully we can get something sooner than August.

I would really like to get out to Twin Lakes and play both courses on a Saturday.

It's the day after I get back from MB so I should be ok to go but still haven't to check with the wife

Boy If the wife on's that, you've got a keeper for sure. Most guys after returning from MB would be on yard sale or outlet shopping excursions for a month....ha

I would really like to get out to Twin Lakes and play both courses on a Saturday.
I went with August to get some discussion going, and formalize some kind of plan. By all means get something going earlier dude.

Boy If the wife on's that, you've got a keeper for sure. Most guys after returning from MB would be on yard sale or outlet shopping excursions for a month....ha

Believe it or not I'm not taking my clubs! Family vacation and the kids are too young yet, so I'll be itching to get out.

I'm up for anything, I'll try to make it but weekend can be hard

I went with August to get some discussion going, and formalize some kind of plan. By all means get something going earlier dude.
Cool good call. I know it is tough to deal with so many schedules.

I will get a plan together and see if it works for people.

Believe it or not I'm not taking my clubs! Family vacation and the kids are too young yet, so I'll be itching to get out.

I'm up for anything, I'll try to make it but weekend can be hard

Oh ok. That's cool. I thought maybe it was a guys trip. Ha

Cool good call. I know it is tough to deal with so many schedules.

I will get a plan together and see if it works for people.

Jessie. I'll probably be good for either the weekend of the 19th or 26. I should be able to start playing again after the Dr visit on the 15th.

Jessie. I'll probably be good for either the weekend of the 19th or 26. I should be able to start playing again after the Dr visit on the 15th.
Cool sounds good. Fingers crossed for the doc. I will get some details together and post them in here

Any weekend after July 12/13 will work for me... Raspberry Falls for 70.00 will definitely work for me!

Jessie - will you be in Lewes next week?

Let's get some discussion going for 17 Aug. primarily general location for us to target getting together. I was thinking renditions. Or the general area. Northern Va works too.

I'd love to get together...but Sundays are tough for me. What about getting together on a Saturday?

Played Renditions yesterday for 52 bucks at 3. It was my first time out there and man what an experience such a cool place to play.

I snapped a bunch of pics but here are a couple of highlights.

Nice photos Crest!

I've never played Twin Lakes, but I have heard good things. Are the courses walkable with a clic-gear?

I've never played Twin Lakes, but I have heard good things. Are the courses walkable with a clic-gear?
Absolutely. Quite a bit of elevation changes but you could walk for sure.

I like the courses the l
Lakes is much more open and probably easier but the Oaks is much tighter and every hole is tree lined.

They also have a grass range.

Any weekend after July 12/13 will work for me... Raspberry Falls for 70.00 will definitely work for me!

Jessie - will you be in Lewes next week?
Don- I am back in VA for now. Probably not getting to Lewes for a couple of weeks.

This course is a bit of a drive from the DC area, but if you are ever in the Deep Creek area, be sure to check out Thousand Acres Golf Course. It is fairly new and lesser known but has the best greens and fairways in the area.

Got ya... I will be in Bethany next week
Nice man. Are you going to get a chance to play while you are down there? I took my Dad to Salt Pond a couple years ago, he is a new golfer and it is a great place to get someone into the game. I think it is only par 63 or so

Nice man. Are you going to get a chance to play while you are down there? I took my Dad to Salt Pond a couple years ago, he is a new golfer and it is a great place to get someone into the game. I think it is only par 63 or so

Definitely playing, probably twice! Wife knows I'm not one to sit on the beach for extended hours lol. Probably play Baywood, and possibly Bayside. Or, I might head down to OC to play one of the Glenn Riddle courses -decisions, decisions!

Definitely playing, probably twice! Wife knows I'm not one to sit on the beach for extended hours lol. Probably play Baywood, and possibly Bayside. Or, I might head down to OC to play one of the Glenn Riddle courses -decisions, decisions!
Haha I hear ya about the beach if it is a really nice day I am good for about 2 hours then I get seriously bored. My wife hates it bc she can sit there and read for hours.... Not this guy I have to be moving and doing something haha

I need to get to Bayside. If you haven't played Rookery South it is pretty nice pretty wide open and very affordable. I play there with Father in law often. Haven't been to North course yet.

There is also Heritage Shores bit of a hike from Bethany but worth checking out.

Haha I hear ya about the beach if it is a really nice day I am good for about 2 hours then I get seriously bored. My wife hates it bc she can sit there and read for hours.... Not this guy I have to be moving and doing something haha

I need to get to Bayside. If you haven't played Rookery South it is pretty nice pretty wide open and very affordable. I play there with Father in law often. Haven't been to North course yet.

There is also Heritage Shores bit of a hike from Bethany but worth checking out.

Yea, When I was married to the ex we went to Rehoboth every year for vacation. I played the Rookery ( the one in Milton right on 1 ) a couple times with my ex BIL - pretty nice. Played Heritage Shores with the new Mrs. Ball when it first opened up - we loved it, and knew once it seasoned and grew in even more, it was going to be really nice!

Yea, When I was married to the ex we went to Rehoboth every year for vacation. I played the Rookery ( the one in Milton right on 1 ) a couple times with my ex BIL - pretty nice. Played Heritage Shores with the new Mrs. Ball when it first opened up - we loved it, and knew once it seasoned and grew in even more, it was going to be really nice!
Love Heritage Shores, a group of us used to do a OC weekend in April each year and we would play Heritage Shores on the way home on Sunday. Great layout, but it seems the wind blew harder there than some of the Ocean City courses. Lots of water on that course as well.

Absolutely. Quite a bit of elevation changes but you could walk for sure.

I like the courses the l
Lakes is much more open and probably easier but the Oaks is much tighter and every hole is tree lined.

They also have a grass range.

Is this the course in the Clifton area? If so, I have been wanting to play those for years.

This course is a bit of a drive from the DC area, but if you are ever in the Deep Creek area, be sure to check out Thousand Acres Golf Course. It is fairly new and lesser known but has the best greens and fairways in the area.

Thanks, I have never been to deep creek but if I ever go, I now have a course to play.

Is this the course in the Clifton area? If so, I have been wanting to play those for years.
Yes they have 2 courses there and for County courses they are a very good deal IMO. Gets a little crowded but what can ya do

Alright guys, I'm sure Rob has played it cause he seems to "get around" but has anyone had the opportunity to play Caves Valley? I heard they call the course the "Augusta of the north" but there's a guy that just retired from my job who can get on. He's currently working on getting me on but I was just curious if anyone out there has played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back