Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

7woods are man clubs. Back in the late 1990's I saw a crafty old fella hit a beautiful approach with one out of a fairway bunker and I was sold and packed a Callaway Heavenwood from then well into 2008 when it was donated to a new player. For me the shorter shafted hybrid has replaced it - but since I recently just went back to a X2hot 5 wood that I love (although it needs a slight trim) so you never know maybe a 7 will sneak back into my bag someday.

I guess it's just me, but I try to use whatever works best for my golf game. I'm not calling you out Hawk and I'm not sure what you mean by "a moment of weakness" as we all have a little golf ego. It seems so many golfers are influenced by what the pros carry or what "true" golfers carry that they try to fit their games to the equipment rather than use the equipment to enhance the game they have.

Oh that's not it. I play what works period. I just really, really don't need more golf clubs. Especially right now with the MC looming.

I just really, really don't need more golf clubs. Especially right now with the MC looming.

I understand that completely. I have been saying that most of the last 6 months, but then stumble across a deal on something that I have wanted to try, and there you go.

I can totally understand and relate to the "moment of weakness" thought.

I still use my XHot 7W. One of the my favorite clubs ever. It will never come out of my bag. Super easy to hit off the deck. I hit it just as far as the 5W but with a higher ball flight.

Your sig says it's not in your bag now. :D

Your sig says it's not in your bag now. :D

It is definitely in my bag now. My signature has the clubs I will be receiving in two weeks at the Morgan Cup from my sponsor Callaway Golf. It might be my favorite club I have ever owned.

I loved the 3w...wouldn't mind trying the 7w too. Only 7w I've gamed was the Mashie and it was easy to hit.

What is the difference between the X-Hot and the X-Hot pro fairway woods. I think the pro has a higher quality shaft and also it has a shallower face, is it also a more square face or neutral internal weighting? Any performance difference?

What is the difference between the X-Hot and the X-Hot pro fairway woods. I think the pro has a higher quality shaft and also it has a shallower face, is it also a more square face or neutral internal weighting? Any performance difference?

I think the Pro is designed to give a flatter trajectory and slightly lower spin. The Pro is 1* open if memory serves correct.

It is definitely in my bag now. My signature has the clubs I will be receiving in two weeks at the Morgan Cup from my sponsor Callaway Golf. It might be my favorite club I have ever owned.

Got it, thanks. Ignorance on my part on exactly how the MC works.

Got it, thanks. Ignorance on my part on exactly how the MC works.

No need to apologize. I love the XHot line. It's no secret that I don't get along well with the X2Hot hybrids or FW's as I feel they went more for distance with those versus playability and making it more forgiving for people that struggle hitting hybrids/woods off the deck.

Back