The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
deleted.,..not for the rant thread... i will say though Dev, that is incredibly ridiculous request.

Ours is 2 weeks for each year of service up to 3 months maximum I believe. Not bad at all......but not good enough reason to make another kiddo.

Based on the company, it can be pretty good. As my wife is a teacher, any potential child we create will just have to enjoy being a spring baby so she can have the summer with them haha!

Where did I say anything of the sort?
I said people were sneaking in here. No country is perfect and taking snippets of this and that from the outside looking in and all the while watching people sacrifice their life to get to this "awful" place says more to me than maternity coverage.

You responded directly to a post about maternity coverage. Sorry that I made that connection.

You get 12 weeks by law if you've been there a year.
You are protected under FMLA for 12 weeks*, but once you use your vacation/sick leave it's all leave without pay. A lot of people won't be able to afford to take LWOP, and they need to stay home a minimum of six weeks because daycare won't accept children until that time. It's not a good system currently. My wife took out short term disability, so she'll take two weeks leave, and disability will cover the other four weeks. Sad thing is, she works in the medical field ... you would think they'd be more sympathetic.

*That's ONLY if there are no other FMLA issues that crop up in that 12 month period. And FMLA only states that individuals are allowed to take 12 weeks in a 12 month period of unpaid, job protected leave.

I'll be sure to give you a swift pat on the back in Hilton Head to make sure you're all healed up.

Thanks Greg, you're all heart. This made me laugh, and it hurt. Buy me a drink there instead, numb the pain.

You are protected under FMLA for 12 weeks*, but once you use your vacation/sick leave it's all leave without pay. A lot of people won't be able to afford to take LWOP, and they need to stay home a minimum of six weeks because daycare won't accept children until that time. It's not a good system currently. My wife took out short term disability, so she'll take two weeks leave, and disability will cover the other four weeks. Sad thing is, she works in the medical field ... you would think they'd be more sympathetic.

*That's ONLY if there are no other FMLA issues that crop up in that 12 month period. And FMLA only states that individuals are allowed to take 12 weeks in a 12 month period of unpaid, job protected leave.
This is all true, which is why I said I think it's jacked up. And different companies give different leaves as well. At least where my wife worked for our two kids she got 60% pay for 6 weeks, but yeah they don't have to give you anything.

My iron game is a wreck right now. Frustrating considering the progress I've made this year

This.
anahu2yh.jpg

FMLA is a revolving year also which depending on how the pregnancy goes could get cut rather short. My wife and I both work in the medical field and she took short term disabilit out so that she still would be paid. With vacation and sick time she still received a normal paycheck. I could of took more time off, but chose to take the three days they give, and then took a week off right before the kiddo went to daycare and my wife went back to work. It would be nice to receive a better leave, but with what I do it really makes it hard on other people if I am gone that long.

I would have pulled directly in front of them and forced them to back out. Some people think they can just do whatever they want. Like the people that park in front of the grocery store or Walmart because, "They'll only be in there a few minutes".

I hate people.

I would have pulled directly in front of them and forced them to back out. Some people think they can just do whatever they want. Like the people that park in front of the grocery store or Walmart because, "They'll only be in there a few minutes".

I hate people.

Oh man I shake my head every time I see that at a shopping center. And of course it seems like there is always several open spots just 10 to 15 steps away.

Mosquito bites while on vacation in Florida.

The Official Rant of the Day

Amtrak onboard wifi is utterly useless today.

#weaksauce

Last edited:
Oh man I shake my head every time I see that at a shopping center. And of course it seems like there is always several open spots just 10 to 15 steps away.

My biggest pet peeve at the grocery story is the carts. Why can't people put the carts in the cart return or just bring them back to the front? Why do they have to just leave them in the spot to either block the spot, or hit another car. It infuriates me!

Mosquito bites while on vacation in Florida.

They are brutal this year! I get at least 5 every time I walk the dogs. There was a week where my arms and legs were more mosquito bites then my regular skin. I felt like I had the chicken pox.

My biggest pet peeve at the grocery story is the carts. Why can't people put the carts in the cart return or just bring them back to the front? Why do they have to just leave them in the spot to either block the spot, or hit another car. It infuriates me!

It is the worst. I live a block a way to probably the smallest Publix ever with an even smaller parking lot. There are no cart returns because that would take up a parking spot, so carts are littered everywhere. They try to keep up with it but it is a very high volume store, even for its size. Just take the cart back!!

It is the worst. I live a block a way to probably the smallest Publix ever with an even smaller parking lot. There are no cart returns because that would take up a parking spot, so carts are littered everywhere. They try to keep up with it but it is a very high volume store, even for its size. Just take the cart back!!

It will literally take less than a minute to return the cart, I will never understand why that is so difficult to do.

They are brutal this year! I get at least 5 every time I walk the dogs. There was a week where my arms and legs were more mosquito bites then my regular skin. I felt like I had the chicken pox.

You aren't kidding. We all look like we should be quarantined.

It will literally take less than a minute to return the cart, I will never understand why that is so difficult to do.
Because people are disgustingly lazy haha I loved walking out to find a cart half jammed up under my front fender after being dragged down the side of my car a few years ago. Just lovely, I don't get it either

Need to renew my license plate. Exhaust on my car is in two pieces by the cat. Thought I'd be good cuz I did emissions last year, and thought it'd be every 2 years and I'd have another year. Apparently not. Was gonna fix it myself, but won't have the time before my plates expire. Surely will be a couple hundred down the drain.

Need to renew my license plate. Exhaust on my car is in two pieces by the cat. Thought I'd be good cuz I did emissions last year, and thought it'd be every 2 years and I'd have another year. Apparently not. Was gonna fix it myself, but won't have the time before my plates expire. Surely will be a couple hundred down the drain.

Registration renewals suck! My birthday and Josh's birthday are 2 days apart so we get hit with 4 renewals at the same time. We have the 2 RV's and our 2 cars. July is not a cheap month for us. It's the DMV's way of saying, "Hey, your old, now pay us."

Strange..TX goes off of when you buy it then 12, 24 months out, etc for the renewal.

Registration renewals suck! My birthday and Josh's birthday are 2 days apart so we get hit with 4 renewals at the same time. We have the 2 RV's and our 2 cars. July is not a cheap month for us. It's the DMV's way of saying, "Hey, your old, now pay us."
That would get pretty dang pricey!
Strange..TX goes off of when you buy it then 12, 24 months out, etc for the renewal.
Yeah it goes by when you buy here too. But it's not always every 12 months. My car is the same year as my wife's (2002), and hers has always been every 2 years. So I assumed mine would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back