Favorite Cut Of Meat

Filet, no question. Especially a Ruth's Chris filet. I've been there once and it was the best food I have ever eaten.

A big fat ribeye medium rare

Strip - seared or grilled with a liberal sprinkling of kosher salt.

A close second place probably would go to flank.

Putting on kosher salt and letting it sit before cooking does magical things

Strip / Striploin is my favorite for me, with filet a close second. Medium rare and juicy.

best ever would be Elk tenderloin.

I prefer a filet when eating steak. Had a bone in filet once at Sadlebrook Golf Resort that was amazing. Ruth's is my go to when I am craving a steak.

Porterhouse.

JB, between your Chinese food question and now this one, you are testing the limits of my diet dedication.

But, to answer your question, does it get any better than a properly prepared Prime Rib?

toss up between porterhouse or flanksteak

I go medium Filet any day of the week

I prefer a leaner cut like a filet or sirloin. Either is delicious when cooked well. I can't stand biting into to cutting off a bunch of fat, or eating them off a bone...just some of my many neuroses.

I prefer a leaner cut like a filet or sirloin. Either is delicious when cooked well. I can't stand biting into to cutting off a bunch of fat, or eating them off a bone...just some of my many neuroses.

I'll do sirloin any day of the week as well for pretty much the same reason. Pretty low maintenance and usually a much more appealing price.

New York strip rare.

From Ruth Chris if possible.

I'll do sirloin any day of the week as well for pretty much the same reason. Pretty low maintenance and usually a much more appealing price.

Yeah, a filet is a rare treat (pun intended). Sirloin at least has a little marbling to get some of the flavor, but the fat just melts away while cooking so I don't have to bite into it.

End cut prime rib is number one for me.

Followed not so closely by a filet (I know, two total opposite ends of the spectrum).

All others fall in behind.

I like a nice medium rare rib eye. Although Prime Rib is like half a point behind.

Porterhouse for grilling steaks
Brisket for smoking

Easy vote for porterhouse. Strip and tenderloin in one cut is grilling heaven

Rib-eye for me, but won't pass on sirloin either.

From an American standpoint I like the T-Bone. From a Brazilian standpoint I am a big fan of Picana.

I also enjoy skirt steak when I need a quick fix.

Filet mignon...no question. But...any part goes if it is done well.

Back