Big Break 22 (Myrtle Beach, SC)

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
[h=2]GOLF CHANNEL’S BIG BREAK SERIES SELECTS MYRTLE BEACH AS BACKDROP FOR 22ND SEASON[/h] [h=3]Premiering Tuesday, Oct. 7, Big Break Myrtle Beach to Feature Cast of Six Men and Six Women Taking Place at Barefoot Resort & Golf and Pawleys Plantation
Golf Channel Analyst and LPGA Tour Professional Paige Mackenzie Joins Tom Abbott as Co-Host
Big Break Myrtle Beach Cast to be Announced in August[/h] ORLANDO, Fla. (July 8, 2014) – Golf Channel’s popular Big Break competition series has selected Myrtle Beach as the production location for its 22nd season, premiering Tuesday, Oct. 7 at 9 p.m. ET.
Big Break Myrtle Beach, produced in partnership with Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday and South Carolina Tourism, will feature a cast of aspiring golf professionals – six men and six women – looking for that jumpstart in their golf careers with the goal of achieving their lifelong dreams of playing alongside the world’s top golfers. Taking place at Barefoot Resort & Golf, Big Break Myrtle Beach’s ultimate winner will receive an exemption to a 2015 PGA TOUR or LPGA Tour event, along with cash and other prizes.
Big Break is a cornerstone to our original productions franchises, and has been a proving ground for many professional golfers looking to break through to the world’s top tours, including South Carolina natives Tommy Gainey and Kristy McPherson,” said Jay Kossoff, Golf Channel vice president of original productions and Big Break executive producer. “Our goal is to place our competitors in pressure situations while at the same time showcase an elite golf destination. We accomplished both with Big Break Myrtle Beach and are excited to bring the series to the Grand Strand for our 22nd season.”
Joining long-time host Tom Abbott as co-host for Big Break Myrtle Beach will be Golf Channel analyst and LPGA Tour professional Paige Mackenzie. A seven-year veteran of the LPGA Tour who also currently serves as co-host for Morning Drive, Mackenzie will provide analysis from a player’s perspective throughout the series, detailing the pressure the competitors will face with each challenge.
“I’m excited to team with Tom in bringing insight to fans and viewers at home watching Big Break Myrtle Beach,” said Mackenzie. “The series has gained a lot of popularity within the professional tours with past contestants sharing how the pressure is unlike anything they have ever experienced. This season will be no different, with pressure and drama each and every week.”
Filmed on location in June, the series will unfold on three of Barefoot Resort’s award-winning golf courses – The Dye, Fazio and Love Courses – as well as Pawleys Plantation on Pawleys Island.

• The Dye Course, a classic Pete Dye layout, has been ranked among the nation’s top 100 public courses by Golf Digest and was recently named 2013 South Carolina Golf Course of the Year by the South Carolina Golf Course Owners Association.
  • The Fazio Course, designed by renowned architect Tom Fazio, has been ranked as one of America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses by Golf Digest.
  • The Love Course, designed by Carolina native Davis Love III, has been ranked among America’s Top 100 You Can Play by Golf Magazine for years and as the top-ranked golf course in Myrtle Beach by Golf Digest.
  • Pawleys Plantation, the award-winning Jack Nicklaus design just south of Myrtle Beach on Pawleys Island, also will host an episode of Big Break Myrtle Beach.
The Marina Inn and Resort at Grande Dunes served as official host resort for the competitors and production team during the filming of the series.

I haven't played any of those courses before, but I have been by the resort there. Should be a nice place to have Big Break, with some different styles of courses.

Excited for the start of the season, but I would really like to see some good golf played this season. Tired of seeing 100 yds and in challenges, let them play some actual holes of golf!

Paige should know more than Melanie Collins, for sure. Looking forward to this one, hopefully it's a bit more interesting than the last season.

Playing all four of those courses in September. Will definitely be tuning in for this. I also think Paige Mackenzie will be a good asset to the broadcast, I like her on Morning Drive.

Intresting
Thanks for posting looking forward to season 22

I can't wait for this one, having played all those courses regularly I can't wait to see them in action on the tv.

I'm playing the Love, Dye and Fazio courses this Sept. Might have to tune in to get a sneak peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played all the courses on the list and they could have done better. Also Tom Abbott has the personality of a root. They could have don't so much better.

I'll be watching.

I can't wait for this one, having played all those courses regularly I can't wait to see them in action on the tv.

This has to make for an entire different level of excitement while watching!!

Everyone knows I'm a huge Big Break fan so I'll be tuned in for sure.

This has to make for an entire different level of excitement while watching!!

Everyone knows I'm a huge Big Break fan so I'll be tuned in for sure.

It does dude, I lived in Barefoot and can tell you the Dye club is no joke, I've seen some big numbers there from some of the pro's lol great conditions always.

Oh man. I've played pawleys and I'm looking to play one of the barefoot courses in a week. I love this

Damn you Tom Abbott...

How do we vote out Tom Abbott? Can we get Trump involved so we can hear "you're fired!"

Paige should know more than Melanie Collins, for sure. Looking forward to this one, hopefully it's a bit more interesting than the last season.

Paige and Melanie would have been a pretty solid pairing in my opinion.

I've played the Barefoot courses. The Dye Course is a beast.

I seem to remember playing Pawley's Plantation, but I don't remember much about the course.

I thought that I remembered seeing on twitter that Caledonia would be hosting Big Break. I guess I misread it.

Paige and Melanie would have been a pretty solid pairing in my opinion.

I've played the Barefoot courses. The Dye Course is a beast.

I seem to remember playing Pawley's Plantation, but I don't remember much about the course.

I thought that I remembered seeing on twitter that Caledonia would be hosting Big Break. I guess I misread it.

Oh no doubt about that one, Melanie was great but just didn't know as much about golf as Paige does. But, she had some comedic relief that was awesome, at the expense of Tom.

i love the barefoot courses. I like the Love course the best. I played it a few years back from the platinum (championship) tees and it played around 7400 yards! It is a fun course with some great holes. This will be a great season

While I say that I wont watch because this show get increasingly less about golf and more about the drama, I know I will watch every episode. Just hoping, as always, to just see some more golf rounds played vs skills challenge and range contests.

While I say that I wont watch because this show get increasingly less about golf and more about the drama, I know I will watch every episode. Just hoping, as always, to just see some more golf rounds played vs skills challenge and range contests.

Im with you, I enjoy the heads up golf vs the skills challenges.

I think Paige will be a great fit. I'm a dan if the show as will be tuning in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than Gerina Piller have any of these people done anything?

Honest question.

Honest question.

Ryan O'Toole has done OK.

Last year at a Symetra tour event it felt like a Big Break all star cast. Blair O'Neal , Carling coffin, Mallory blackwelder, and some others.

Honest question.

Tommy Gainey is on the PGA tour with 1 win
James Nitties plays well on the web.com tour

Ryan O'Toole has done OK.

Last year at a Symetra tour event it felt like a Big Break all star cast. Blair O'Neal , Carling coffin, Mallory blackwelder, and some others.

Right I forgot about Ryann.

Back