Contest #1 - 2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Another day closer to finding out the next member of the #BasementDwellers!

An 8 piece puzzle is being built that the #ZooCrew will be unable to solve. Unbelievably excited to see who is selected from this contest and then to see the next contest started.

And I can't say it enough - if you are putting forth the effort to get into this incredible event, please start putting forth the effort on your game if not already. #ZooCrew is a formidable opponent and it'll take our best efforts to bring home the belt and trophies!

Well said regarding the 8-piece puzzle. A puzzle is never complete without all the pieces. Can't wait to see who the 2nd piece of that puzzle is.

It's funny that just seeing this thread pop up gets my heart pumping a bit. Not sure when the winner is coming but someone is going to
have a VERY happy July-Dec :)

It's funny that just seeing this thread pop up gets my heart pumping a bit. Not sure when the winner is coming but someone is going to
have a VERY happy July-Dec :)

I almost flipped too when I saw that thread pop up!

I had an interesting practice round yesterday, I am working on some changes, and I played a new course just to get ready to have a traveling handicap. It was not pretty yesterday, but I can feel that good things are coming

I know there was a large number of great entries and it can't be easy to pick one, but the anticipation is killing me !
Time to head for work....

An 8 piece puzzle is being built that the #ZooCrew will be unable to solve. Unbelievably excited to see who is selected from this contest and then to see the next contest started.

And I can't say it enough - if you are putting forth the effort to get into this incredible event, please start putting forth the effort on your game if not already. #ZooCrew is a formidable opponent and it'll take our best efforts to bring home the belt and trophies!
Yes sir and I have a package coming tomorrow from Callaway golf. A tool to help beat them at there own game. Fingers crossed.

Am I putting forth the effort? You bet O Captain, My Captain!

2010-10-04-DeadPoetsSociety1989CD2.avi_003839798.jpg

The work is being put in. The challenge of new courses played, check. The match play atmosphere, that too. I need to get into the city events and tournaments and get the competition experience going though. That's one avenue that I haven't been apart of yet. The game is coming along nicely, so maybe it's time to get involved in the city league. Look out DFW crew. I might be joining you boys in some official competition.

I'll be beginning my yearly match plays on Wednesday nights soon, will definitely be visualizing the Grandaddy every time. The excitement of having this opportunity is contagious and the anticipation is crazy.

An 8 piece puzzle is being built that the #ZooCrew will be unable to solve.

The #BasementDwellers puzzle will be like a Rubiks Cube, Isis Adventure and The Legend Of Zelda all rolled into 1.

I can just see #zoocrew HQ now

"Wait, Cookie and the rest of his team are inside the computer!?!"

zoolander-o.gif

Oh, I'm getting ready, whether selected or not. Did some match play yesterday.

~Rock

I was thinking about my prep for this event yesterday night, when I went out to a new course and played 3 nines (all new to me, course has 4 and have only played the other one) and me and my bud decided to have fun and try the tips, even tho we are both in the 15-20 handicap range, it was... difficult, but fun. it made me realise that I cannot look at a 430 yards par 4 or a 600 yards par 5 and hope for a GiR...

what tees are we using in these competitions?
should I just look at it as a GiR+1 holes and hope to get a stroke on that hole?

Try as they might, there's no way the ZooCrew is able to solve it. You'll keep them on their toes for sure.

Practice is not an issue for me, but trying new courses is. To that end, I am going to look for area courses to play here and change it up. I have 2-3 favorite courses but I can find at least 3-4 more within a 30 minute drive.

Practice is not an issue for me, but trying new courses is. To that end, I am going to look for area courses to play here and change it up. I have 2-3 favorite courses but I can find at least 3-4 more within a 30 minute drive.

Not sure if you do it, but one of the things that I've started doing is playing my normal courses from the different tees. The course close to me sets up differently that way and I find myself playing holes differently than I do normally.

My only thing now is trying to get more match play experience. Going to try it Saturday and next week with some buddies.

I am in a traveling golf league that plays a different course every Saturday. I never really thought about it before but it has definitely made me comfortable playing any course as opposed to someone who is a member of a "home" course.

Loving this thread. I'm so ultra-competitive that everything I do is a mini competition. Whether against myself, my failings, my successes, and each new step in progression of any kind. There is no off time. We're either getting better or getting worse. I've already played the #TheGauntlet so many times in my head and that still isn't enough. I'm going through every possible scenario and trying to replicate them on the course. This is a whole new ball of wax for me, and I can't wait to take on the challenge. The possibility of doing it all again at the Grandaddy has me even more determined. I'm lucky to have a plethora of challenging courses to sharpen my resolve and a great band of THP'ers to play them with.

I've recently hit my bottom and my journey back to the top is well underway. I hope I have the opportunity to represent you all in #TheDos and put the #ZooCrew back in their cages with the rest of the self pleasuring monkeys.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm feeling particularly fired up today...in a good way.

Solid short game practice session today for me with this baby in mind. I feel like there was a "pep in my step" so to speak. I was getting pretty excited when I tweaked something and it worked well; more than usual. Ironed out some issues I've been having lately, but still work to do. Having #TheDos in the front of your mind, because it doesn't belong in the back, really does change things.

Back