What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat rain soaked 39 - 39 - 78. 8 fairways, 8 greens, 29 putts. Only 1 birdie (GW on a par 3 playing short today to 4 feet).
Its good to see you playing again. Shoulder holding up well?

Played 9 today at my home course with the girlfriend. Played the back tee today which is 3038 yards with a par of 35. I shot an average 45 +10. Playing the back tee makes it more fair for my lady so I did it. If I play from the middle tees I can shoot close to par.

44 with 2 penalties. Solid birdie on a short par 4 though!

39 from the tips with a double after a water ball. Was in a green side bunker in two on the 9th, a par 5, and couldn't get it up and down. Next hour was spend in the sand!

39 from the tips with a double after a water ball. Was in a green side bunker in two on the 9th, a par 5, and couldn't get it up and down. Next hour was spend in the sand!
Nice even with the water ball. Where did you play?

Nice even with the water ball. Where did you play?

Thanks! I played at Beaver Creek Country Club of I70 and the Boonsboro exit. Home course.

Thanks! I played at Beaver Creek Country Club of I70 and the Boonsboro exit. Home course.

Is Dirk Schultz still tearing it up there. I don't know him personally, just the legend of.

Is Dirk Schultz still tearing it up there. I don't know him personally, just the legend of.

Yes Dirk is still there. Plays a lot so he's not around often but still there. Great guy and he hits the ball forever.

Yes Dirk is still there. Plays a lot so he's not around often but still there. Great guy and he hits the ball forever.

Yeah that's what I hear. Must be pretty cool to see up close.

Yeah that's what I hear. Must be pretty cool to see up close.

He's fun to play with. He's like 8' tall to it interesting to watch. I tried hitting his driver one day and looked like a kid with a normal club

84 with a triple on the front and double on the back. Not to mention 7, 3 putts. Man that was the worst putting day I can recall in a long time. So many strokes left out there. Disappointing with the way my ball striking was today. I was a FIR and GIR machine. Could've easily been a PB today.

Got in 14 before being chased off the course by lightning and rain. Hit the ball really until the last few holes--just couldn't make a putt. Was +3.

Shot a 45. Missed 4 par putts from about 15'. Got to take my new setup over the ball out for a test drive. After working out an issue it was the best ball striking I've had in a long time. Really happy to see my work showing some positives.

I got 4 more holes in after and went +1 for them. Almost holes out from 110y too!

Played today, but I'm not sure of my score. My guess is low 80's. I was playing in a Team Match Play event against another club. One of our pros and eleven of us against the same for their club--six matches. It wasn't a great day for our team, as we lost for the first time this year 10 1/2 to 7 1/2. But we have such a healthy lead, we're already locked into the play-offs.

I was thinking almost totally about the Morgan Cup matches while playing today, trying to imagine that the other team was one of the teams I'll be playing against in the Saturday rounds. It was kind of fun trying to think and feel like the pressure might be in those matches, while reacting to our competitors shots. It was not the same, of course, as it will be, but, fun none-the-less.

Was able to get out and get in 27 holes of golf after work with my day. We played the same 9 three times since the front nine was closed for a league.

Anyway, shot 44-39-37. Hit the ball pretty solid and I was +2 over my last 16 holes. Drove the ball halfway decent, which has been killing me. Did not hit a lot of drives today, but the ones I did hit, did not get me in too much trouble. Rolled in 4 birdies over the 27 holes, as well.

My last day of golf until July 19, since I will be working the USGA Women's Public Links Championship, at The Home Course, starting tomorrow through July 18th. On July 19th I will play in a Club Tournament at my home course. So.... today I played 36 holes, hoping that will keep me sane for the next 8 days. My scores: 40/42 82 in the first round and 41/41 82 in the second round. While 82 is slightly below my average, I was not happy with either score. I can do better!

48 with only 1 penalty. League so it's never great. Pretty consistent on that score though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birided 3 of the first 5, then couldn't buy a putt on the back and ended up with a 37/39 for a 76 at Quail Valley - LaQuinta course. 10 fairways, 9 greens and 31 putts. 13 on the front nine and 18 on the back.

Birided 3 of the first 5, then couldn't buy a putt on the back and ended up with a 37/39 for a 76 at Quail Valley - LaQuinta course. 10 fairways, 9 greens and 31 putts. 13 on the front nine and 18 on the back.

3 birdies in the first 5 holes is awesome. Nice round bro

You are on Fire lately there Dennis!

first round in a monthish, shot 42-40 with two doubles, two lost balls, and a birdie. only hit 3 greens, 3 fairways (quite a few missed by a matter of inches), and 29 putts. more or less, not too bad, i'd say. gonna try to play again after work tomorrow, if I have enough energy after opening the course..

Got 9 holes in and shot at 45 at Mosholu in the Bronx. Course is only Par 32 and 2178 yards but thats still a really good score for me as I haven't ever broken 100 on a Par 72 course. Used my new Cleveland Smart Sole S for the first time and holed in a birdie from 20 yards. Driver was not very good.

Alot of people complain alot about golf in NYC but Mosholu is a great facility with a chipping green, putting green and driving range. The course was in great shape (especially the greens) and walking distances from the subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back