Changing Bags - How Often

I got a new bag this year after having the old one for a year but my last bag i made the mistake of getting a white one so after a year it was looking really bad

I only switched this year because the 14-way liner started to fall apart in my bag and clubs started to get tangled (for the second time). I'll probably play the bag I have now for quite a while. The only way I could see switching before this one starts to fall apart is if I want to go back to something a bit bigger.

I haven't changed my Nike Stand Bag since I bought it. The only reason I can imagine changing it out would be if it was damaged in some fashion that even my cheapness could not overcome/oversee the damage. I have considered a cart bag to go with my Clicgear, but until my stand bag loses a leg or rips a big pocket, I'm with my current setup.

I did pick up a 'Sunday' bag off of Amazon this Spring for trips to the range or Par 3/Pitch-n-putt course when I don't want to lug the bag and Clicgear.

I've owned an OGIO Chamber bag that I sold, my Cleveland Staff bag, and an old TM stand bag (one that I still use, even though THPers have seen how raggedy it is, hehe). It might be time for another stand bag soon, but once I like a bag I use it until it gets well worn out.

I change bags less often than clubs. I just got a new bag in May. My prior bag was almost 10 years old. I only replaced it because a much used pocket developed a hole where the stitching is and just started falling out.

I'll have my Ogio for a while until I can find a nice looking Cobra staff bag.

I have two bags right now, a stand bag and a cart bag. I find myself using the cart bag as I either ride or walk with my Clicgear so it is just easier that way. The stand bag will go on vacation or to the range if I think about it ahead of time.

Since I picked up golf again seriously, I have gotten two bags - one a stand bag that replaced my Ping Hoofer which broke a leg, and one cart bag that was used for rental clubs at a course that I played a lot at last year. My usual bag is the stand bag, but when I am traveling or playing in tournaments, I switch to the cart bag. I think the cart bag will have less damage done to it by the airlines, and I can back more stuff into the bag.

I've had my TM stand bag for several years now... looking to replace it though, tired of my clubs getting tangled.

Once I replace it though, I figure I'll stick with it for quite some time.

I am still using my Bridgestone Staffer from last years Morgan Cup.....I keep saying that I need to get another bag to take the staffer out of rotation and put it in the den with my Callaway Morgan Cup Staffer......but I just haven't found the perfect bag.

I've used 2 bags since starting to golf 4 years ago. I will wear a bag out! #Grandaddy bag is about to be the 3rd I use.

Every couple of years for me. I change once my current bag starts showing signs of wear or there are other issues.

I change every time I see a bag I really like. It's kinda when my club hoing is on hold I have to get my fix somewhere else. But I will say I just picked up Sun Mountain Hybrid bag and it will be around for a long time.

I can honestly say I've only had 5 bags in my life.... And I've had a Ping Hoofer for about 10+ years now that I switched out for a college bag while I played.

I don't change out my bags often. I use my orange hoofer exclusively. I'm pretty lazy about moving stuff back and forth and usually when I find things I like, I stick with them....including my clubs. Although THP has gotten me a little more 'interested' in trying different things :)

I replace my stand bag and staff bag every other year, so I will get a new bag each year, depending on what I replaced the year before.

I have a cart bag that I used from 2006 till maybe 3 years ago, then I picked up an Adidas stand bag that I use most of the time. That beng said, I would like to pick up a new cart bag for my primary bag, but I'm still looking for the right one. The Ping Pioneer may be my favorite of the ones I've looked at so far, but no more golf than I've been able to play this year, I may hold off on purchasing anything this year.

Wow.

You guys are heavy users, I guess.

I play about 25 times per year (which is a pretty good amount in WI). I got about 8 years out of my last stand bag (200 rounds). It was pretty beat up and faded, but was still functional at the end.

Are you guys playing a lot more per year (thus wearing your stuff out faster) or are you just getting new bags because it's fun to get new stuff?

I bought a Sun Mountain last year, and I expect to get another 200 rounds out of this one.

It feels like I change yearly. I like staff bags.

I just got a Sun Mountain cart bag to go with my TaylorMade stand bag, figured it'd be nice to have one of each. So 2 bags in the last 4 years but I don't see myself updating anytime soon. I definitely change bags less often than I do clubs.

I rarely change my bag, if ever. I use my Clicgear push cart exclusively so my Clicgear B3 bag is tough to beat, even though it's getting a little worn.

That said, I want a new bag but just can't justify it as long as mine isn't broken.

I only replace when broken. I have a Sun Mountain stand bag I like. I would like to pick up a staff bag sometime though.

I have had my current bag for 3 years. Before that, I had the same bag for 6 years(still have it).
I probably average about 5 years per bag. I change when the bag just gets too beat up.

I got my Four5 at the beginning of the 2013 season. So far, so good. I'll use it until it breaks most likely, no reason not too. Fairly easy to clean and maintain too.

I've had the same bag for 2.5 years. It's a sun mountain hybrid that I absolutely love. I'm not man enough to bring out my cobra bag post Morgan Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually have a bag for around 2 years before I replace it. I have went through a starter set bag, Taylormade stand bag, Titleist stand bag and now I have a Bridgestone US Open bag.

Back