2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

So, for those of us who may not make it in off the wait list but live locally, will we be allowed to join in the pre- or post- event rounds for fun?

I don't get in until 4 but I may change my flight to an earlier time to accommodate a round if you are thinking of playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good change buddy now we are on same flight see if we can get same seats

So, for those of us who may not make it in off the wait list but live locally, will we be allowed to join in the pre- or post- event rounds for fun?
Unfortunately no. The tee times and negotiated rates will be for those in the event only.

Good change buddy now we are on same flight see if we can get same seats

I paid an extra 20 bucks or something like that and upgraded to the economy plus when I booked my ticket. Need that extra leg room #tallguyproblems
Think I am in Row 20 or something like that

Unfortunately no. The tee times and negotiated rates will be for those in the event only.

Alright, that's an unfortunate stance, but it is what it is.

Since it is that strict, if I don't get in off the wait list I'll make sure not to use my membership privileges at PGAN Thursday or Sunday as well so as not to create an issue.

Alright, that's an unfortunate stance, but it is what it is.

Since it is that strict, if I don't get in off the wait list I'll make sure not to use my membership privileges at PGAN Thursday or Sunday as well so as not to create an issue.
Pm responded to

Pm responded to

It's all good. I just don't want to commit a faux pas and to ensure I'm playing by your rules so I don't tread on anybody's turf.

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Bolt and I are on same flight from atlanta to PBI we land at 11:45, we are going to play thursday afternoon if anyone wants to join us

Booked the flights last night...price came way down to PBI. Tera and I are coming in on Wednesday afternoon and leaving late Monday afternoon!

Looking like I'll be an in thurs night and out Monday about noon guy.

Southwest, gonna use the last of my points
I checked southwest and I was shocked that delta right out of springfield was 75 cheaper than southwest.

I checked southwest and I was shocked that delta right out of springfield was 75 cheaper than southwest.

Who knows how they do it. I looked at every web site I could and the cheapest place I found tickets was on Southwest website. No travel site could come close.

Who knows how they do it. I looked at every web site I could and the cheapest place I found tickets was on Southwest website. No travel site could come close.

I have to give southwest a shout out as well. Originally both of my flights were on Southwest. When I figured out I may want to play Thursday as well I called to see what I could do not hoping for much. I explained the whole thing to the person I talked to and she referred me to the delta flight that would get there earlier even told me where to book it the cheapest. I was then expecting a huge cancellation fee or something to do this whole thing as I got the cheapest ticket option.

Anyway I explained that I had another trip coming up and if she could just apply the cost of the one way flight I was getting rid of to the new trip I would book the trip now through them over the phone.

In the days where fees are the norm it was refreshing to have a person actually be honest with me and work with what I needed to do.

Last edited:
I have to give southwest a shout out as well. Originally both of my flights were on Southwest. When I figured out I may want to play Thursday as well I called to see what I could do not hoping for much. I explained the whole thing to the person I talk to and she referred me to the delta flight that would get there earlier even told me where to book it the cheapest. I was then expecting a huge cancellation fee or something to do this whole thing as I got the cheapest ticket option.

Anyway I explained that I had another trip coming up and if she could just apply the cost of the one way flight I was getting rid of to the new trip I would book the trip now through them over the phone.

In the days where fees are the norm it was refreshing to have a person actually be honest with me and work with what I needed to do.

That's great!! I personally have never had a bad experience with them, that's why we usually fly them. Last time I took my clubs they didn't charge me, it was just one of my free checked bags.

That's great!! I personally have never had a bad experience with them, that's why we usually fly them. Last time I took my clubs they didn't charge me, it was just one of my free checked bags.

Yep. Same reason they are my first choice of price is close.

The "golf clubs fly free" policy is awesome.

Yep. Same reason they are my first choice of price is close.

The "golf clubs fly free" policy is awesome.

Are you going to get through security with that knee brace? :)

2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

I have to give southwest a shout out as well. Originally both of my flights were on Southwest. When I figured out I may want to play Thursday as well I called to see what I could do not hoping for much. I explained the whole thing to the person I talked to and she referred me to the delta flight that would get there earlier even told me where to book it the cheapest. I was then expecting a huge cancellation fee or something to do this whole thing as I got the cheapest ticket option.

Southwest is great. My story is to long but they took care of me last year that I am using this year to get to this event!

Hadn't been in this thread for a few days, so had a lot of catching up to do. Wow. That sposey#s guy gets in off the wait list and immediately dominates the tread. Dude posts like he talks--rapid fire! :alien::act-up:

Glad to see you going to be there Shane. I hope we get to play some golf together this time, buddy.

Hadn't been in this thread for a few days, so had a lot of catching up to do. Wow. That sposey#s guy gets in off the wait list and immediately dominates the tread. Dude posts like he talks--rapid fire! :alien::act-up:

Glad to see you going to be there Shane. I hope we get to play some golf together this time, buddy.
Thank you ken, I do hooe we can tee it up together. Rapid fire, I like that :p
The rumor is I might be a little high strung :D
If you are there thursday, bolt and I are playing thursday afternoon

I almost went Southwest because of their bag policy but Delta was a good $60 cheaper if I remember correctly. Anyone know Delta's policy on bags/golf bags?

I almost went Southwest because of their bag policy but Delta was a good $60 cheaper if I remember correctly. Anyone know Delta's policy on bags/golf bags?

They treat it as a checked bag. Round trip would be $50 for a golf bag if you carry on your other bag.

I know PGA national also offers an option to ship clubs to them and have them ready for your arrival. I may look into that a bit closer . Always nervous flying with my clubs

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back