Center Shaft Putters

Spivey

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
Did anyone notice the number of PGA professionals who game center shaft putters during their championship? It was on GolfChannel last night. Or am I the only one who saw that and was surprised?

There's always been a fair share to my recollection, I think a lot of it has to do with aiding some in feeling they are getting their eyes over the ball and also for alignment/setup purposes bringing in more consistencies. But in the end, most of it is just likely that it fits their eyes the best.

I think I'll always keep one in my collection I currently have 3 just doesn't fit my stroke right now so they've been sitting

I used one for a short time a few months ago. Rolled the ball very well, but I just couldn't get use to standing over it. Ended up going back to my heel shafted blade. May try a different style center shaft putter some time to see if it looks any better. It definitely helped me in terms of lining up putts better. Something that rolled over to my current gamer.

I used one for a while, and while it seemed to be a good putter, in the long run it went to the shelf. That was back before really good heal/toe weighting that most good putters have anymore. So if my stroke was off just a little with that old putter, it would twist way more than current models.

Like other's have said, it's a personal preference for most. Especially when it comes to looking down, lining up a putt over the ball.

Most of my putters are center shaft models, it is something that just seems to fit my eye. I actually see quite a few every where I go and also on all tours when watching on TV.

After having gone full fledged center shaft for a little of a year now, don't see me ever going beck to heal shafted putters. Felt and looked so right from the beginning I was wondering why I didn't try it 35 years ago.

It's something I come back to using periodically. I never putt particularly poorly with my CS blade, but I haven't been able to put together the kinds of runs of good putting I put together with heel-shafted putters. Just one of those things, I guess.

Back