The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

I don't get the criticism of the Cleveland fan base today. Were they supposed to tell Dan Gilbert no thanks Dan, we'd rather suck without him on our team?

According to most here, yes

Prodigal son man

Cavs fans are thrilled because they just signed the best player in the league. In sports everyone gets to change their minds.

I don't get the criticism of the Cleveland fan base today. Were they supposed to tell Dan Gilbert no thanks Dan, we'd rather suck without him on our team?
Finally someone that makes some sense

Oh and Fyi cavs sold out of season tickets in 8 hours today

Prodigal son man

Cavs fans are thrilled because they just signed the best player in the league. In sports everyone gets to change their minds.

probably similar to the criticism of the Heat Fan base when Lebron sign there 4 years ago, fans who probably never cared or gave up years ago all of sudden now do

(cue: this is totally different & not comparable posts)

probably similar to the criticism of the Heat Fan base when Lebron sign there 4 years ago, fans who probably never cared or gave up years ago all of sudden now do

(cue: this is totally different & not comparable posts)

I don't really see the similarity in the criticisms. I don't really remember anyone criticizing the Heat fans four years ago, just Lebron. The only criticism the Heat fans get is because they are so fair weathered that half of them walked out of game six last year.

Wow, talk about a panic move by Miami. Bosh is 30 years old. That contract is going to be the worst in the NBA in three years. Screwing Houston over is kind of an amusing side effect though. Guess they should have waited a day to trade Asik and Lin. I guess even Morey makes some mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, talk about a panic move by Miami. Bosh is 30 years old. That contract is going to be the worst in the NBA in three years. Screwing Houston over is kind of an amusing side effect though. Guess they should have waited a day to trade Asik and Lin. I guess even Morey makes some mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2 thirds of a tri headed monster in Miami and then somehow lure a big name? Stranger things have happened.

And Utah has officially matched Charlotte's offer on Hayward

Looks like pau to the bulls should be done today. I like it

Think that'll push Melo to them? Could be a damn good team

Would have to be sign and trade. I think it's still a possibility. Even if not, we can bring mirotich over and still have a good team.*

*pending rose's health.

Noah, rose, butler, pau, taj, mirotic, McDermott. A good team but not sure it puts them over the edge

You guys are going to love Pau, he's such a versatile and underrated player. Laker's management really soured on him after that poor performance in the finals and seemingly took every opportunity since then to screw him. I'm not surprised at all that he decided to leave.

Him and Kobe are buddies I can't believe he couldn't get him to stay

Him and Kobe are buddies I can't believe he couldn't get him to stay
Yeah, well two years of trade rumors, bringing in a coach that hates you, brining in a center to take your spot (can't blame them for this one), calling him out publicly, etc., will do that to you. I'm a Lakers fan and I'm happy for him. The treated him like crap and now have to come calling on him and he gets the chance to say stick it. I think this team is in trouble with the son running the show instead of the patriarch. I'm not sure it's really going to get better anytime soon.

Yeah, well two years of trade rumors, bringing in a coach that hates you, brining in a center to take your spot (can't blame them for this one), calling him out publicly, etc., will do that to you. I'm a Lakers fan and I'm happy for him. The treated him like crap and now have to come calling on him and he gets the chance to say stick it. I think this team is in trouble with the son running the show instead of the patriarch. I'm not sure it's really going to get better anytime soon.
Definitely agree. I don't blame him at all for leaving, I just thought maybe Kobe could persuade him. Right now I don't see the Lakers being any kind of contender either haha especially if things fall into place for some of these other teams. They'll be scrambling for anyone

Well said. Id almost guarantee that Melo would come to LA if Dr. Buss was still running things (RIP) we for sure would have hired Phil to be head coach/president and Pau would still be a Laker. Doesn't look like its going to get better for Laker nation

So Melo back to the knicks. Sounds like Wade staying in Miami now we wait and see how the Parsons saga turns out

LeBron 2 years for $42.1 mil.

Seeing how the Ohioans worshipping LeBron again is quite comical on espn. How pathetic

I know the most vocal fans professed eternal hatred and no forgiveness, but that's why they're called fans (short for fanatics). A lot of people were more rational after the immediate hurt of The Decision wore off. I was just super bummed that my kids were going to be subjected to years of wretched basketball, when I has enjoyed 7 years of watching amazing things each game.

Knowing that LeBron was (and is) a decent guy, I attributed The Decision to him getting some horrible PR advice, but I can't fault him for leaving. I think he needed to go somewhere & learn what it takes to win a championship.

I also think the main reason the local fans are reacting now is as much from the tone of LeBron's words in his letter - it's not often that someone basically writes a love letter to his hometown. And we appreciate the extra cash LeBron will bring to NE OH in terms of restaurant/bar/hotel business and putting CLE back into the spotlight.

With the player turnover and horrible talent I've been blessed to watch, there comes a point where you stop rooting for the player and root for the team

Team first always! Hey - I survived the Ted Stepien era, that made the last few years look good by comparison!

Wow....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405209344.968122.jpg

If Lebron were to make the city of Cleveland and the NBA fans go through this stuff again in 2 years, he will get crucified.

Well he said he wanted to finish career in Cleveland. .maybe that means leave and come back 2 more time.

But I think it's the play for increased max like most thought

If Lebron were to make the city of Cleveland and the NBA fans go through this stuff again in 2 years, he will get crucified.

I agree 1000%. Most in his camp are openly saying this contract is about the TV contract being up in two years. Well, that's according to sources. But I believe it. His Essay was very well written but I believe it's more than an announcement for this offseason. I think it paved the way for the rest of his career. Sort of a message to Cavs ownership of hey don't worry I'm not leaving let's build this the right way and make it happen. But that could also just be a dream lol

Back