DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in Alexandria so its good for me. I don't mind driving anyway

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have been getting emails too for the last few years. I played for free in one of there membership events. Seems like they are pushing for members hard. I wonder if they are getting any results.

I agree....might be a good place for a get-together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone playing tomorrow? Goose Creek for me 8 am

Anyone playing tomorrow? Goose Creek for me 8 am

Nice. I have only played out there once but I enjoyed the course. A little bit of a hike for me. Hit em well

Just played stonewall, bought the patriot club package. Some of the fastest and truest greens ive played on. My short game got its butt kicked :(

Just played stonewall, bought the patriot club package. Some of the fastest and truest greens ive played on. My short game got its butt kicked :(

Stonewall is beautiful!

Let's get some discussion going for 17 Aug. primarily general location for us to target getting together. I was thinking renditions. Or the general area. Northern Va works too.

Renditions?!? You can do better than that my little GolfManiac.

Renditions?!? You can do better than that my little GolfManiac.

Uh oh. Do I sense a family disagreement in the works.

Where would you like to see it Lee?

They are hosting one of those Golf Channel Am Tour events at Laurel Hill today.....from seeing a few shots....the low handicappers are not doing to well.

I still think some where in MoCo is a good central location, thoughts

I still think some where in MoCo is a good central location, thoughts

I am somewhat far from everyone but I drive to Alexandria/Annandale everyday for work so I am down for pretty much anything within an hour and a half. I would say we could do it at my club but I am almost sure I am canceling my membership after this month as I maybe get 2 rounds a month in. 2 courses I would love to play are Raspberry and Bull Run but both are pricey for most. So, with all this I am still unsure if I can even make it but I am going to try like hell. So I leave it to you all to lock it up and I will hopefully be there. Even if it is a Saturday I may be able to pull it?

Just got home from work...

I'd like to play an interesting course somewhere in the mountains if it's close to everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, Renditions is fun but to me it's like Disney World for Golf. I know Kev wants to try it again now that it's matured somewhat. I'll be happy to play there if that's the consensus.

I'd like to play an interesting course somewhere in the mountains if it's close to everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, Renditions is fun but to me it's like Disney World for Golf. I know Kev wants to try it again now that it's matured somewhat. I'll be happy to play there if that's the consensus.

Mountains? Where are those? :)

They are hosting one of those Golf Channel Am Tour events at Laurel Hill today.....from seeing a few shots....the low handicappers are not doing to well.

There's a guy who plays in the Golfstyles events. A couple years ago he shoot a 58 there I believe in a tournament. His other rounds weren't so good something like a 66 and 65. This was a stroke play events from the blue tees. He's like a plus 3 and his son took second with a couple rounds in the 60's and a 71 or something. He's a plus 1 or 2 in his own right.

There's a guy who plays in the Golfstyles events. A couple years ago he shoot a 58 there I believe in a tournament. His other rounds weren't so good something like a 66 and 65. This was a stroke play events from the blue tees. He's like a plus 3 and his son took second with a couple rounds in the 60's and a 71 or something. He's a plus 1 or 2 in his own right.

Wow...great scores!

Anyone play in the Virginia State Golf Association one-day events? They play at some nice country clubs in northern VA like Belmont CC, Lansdowne, Mount Vernon CC, CC of Fairfax, Army Navy CC, Springfield Golf and CC, and Fawn Lake CC.

If you have played in these events....how was it?

Anyone play in the Virginia State Golf Association one-day events? They play at some nice country clubs in northern VA like Belmont CC, Lansdowne, Mount Vernon CC, CC of Fairfax, Army Navy CC, Springfield Golf and CC, and Fawn Lake CC.

If you have played in these events....how was it?

i haven't, but I've been thinking about it --although I noticed that some of the most "noteworthy" courses got filled up pretty quickly

I think I might sign up in 2015 and sign up early for the events at nice locations :)

So Potomac Shores was an awesome course. Worth $120? Maybe to some, but I'd probably keep an eye out for specials. Great shape and a lot of dogleg rights (as expected). Staff was awesome. Definitely bring your A game off the tee as there is little quarter for errant drives. I took a bunch of pics with my phone. Will sift through them here at some point and try to get a review up in the course review section.

So Potomac Shores was an awesome course. Worth $120? Maybe to some, but I'd probably keep an eye out for specials. Great shape and a lot of dogleg rights (as expected). Staff was awesome. Definitely bring your A game off the tee as there is little quarter for errant drives. I took a bunch of pics with my phone. Will sift through them here at some point and try to get a review up in the course review section.

I played PS twice in the first two weeks after it opened. It was after 2pm and I used the military discount to play for $56. I agree it is a nice course, but I'm never going to pay $120 to play it. To be honest, I don't think any course in the DC area that charges $75+ is worth it.

Played Potomac shores twice and didn't have a good day either time... Beautiful course thing but not worth the $120 IMHO... I only played the second time because we received a free round because the first time the greens were aerated.

To be honest, I don't think any course in the DC area that charges $75+ is worth it.

I couldn't agree more! These courses need to be competitive by keeping greens fees lower. But they won't because so many people will still keep paying the outrageous fees. I won't go out and pay anything over $75 and that's on rare occasions as it is ..... I don't need to pay over $100 to shoot 100. :laughing:

Pinecrest for me tomorrow before Jr. Practice and hopefully I get 2 nines in. Weather is supposed to be better I think...... Has to be better than all of these T Storms

I love that short par 3 on the back!

Pinecrest for me tomorrow before Jr. Practice and hopefully I get 2 nines in. Weather is supposed to be better I think...... Has to be better than all of these T Storms

I'm headed to Pinecrest tomorrow too. Going to try to get there early in the morning.

I'm headed to Pinecrest tomorrow too. Going to try to get there early in the morning.
Nice. I usually try and play early afternoon. Supposed to be a beautiful day out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back