tzeboss

Reaction score
Handicap
Looks very nice. Is it out yet ? Anyone tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sure you don't mean the S8? If so I've looked at it online and it looks like a nice bit of kit with some cool features. In interested in the technicality of the slope function as it doesn't measure the slope per se, rather it knows the slope if that makes sense? A laser with slope function measures slope, not sure if I'm making sense?

Garmin has a G8 handheld model out now, as well as a new S6 golf watch ... the S6 has a color touchscreen, I believe, and is currently on the market (EDIT: it's been delayed until late-summer) . I think I saw some posts on Golfwrx's GPS forum, but I don't know of anyone who owns one.

Mike

Last edited:
Garmin has a G8 handheld model out now, as well as a new S6 golf watch ... the S6 has a color touchscreen, I believe, and is currently on the market (EDIT: it's been delayed until late-summer) . I think I saw some posts on Golfwrx's GPS forum, but I don't know of anyone who owns one.

Mike

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/golfing/approach-s6/prod138810.html

cf-lg.jpg

Looks to be available. As to the original post, no, I have not. Been using the Approach G6 for a while now and I love it. I don't like to wear things on my hands and arms during a round for multiple reasons but the G6 is small enough that when I forget to take it off, it stays on my waist with no interference with my swing whatsoever. I will say that the non-capacitive screen makes typing a pain at times (missed keys) and I wonder if that would affect the S6 with a smaller screen. I guess a lot of people would like the tempo, handicap, swing analyzer stuff of a watch but I like to separate training from playing.

Let us know if you pick one up!

Bumping this thread... Anyone gone with the S6 that can give some feedback?

Bumping this thread... Anyone gone with the S6 that can give some feedback?

OK, scratch this one off the list. The S6 isn't legal for competition/tournament play. Off to research the S5.

Do NOT load the latest map updates because if you do your maps will be locked. Looks like Garmin screwed up their software updates AGAIN. :angry:

Bumping an olllllld thread here.

I just picked up a Garmin S6 watch in a trade. For lack of a better word, this thing is a Turd lol. The backlight isn't bright enough to even read it in direct sunlight. The touch screen is clunky at best and an abomination at worst. The Bluetooth barely works and constantly has connection issues. Battery life appears to be poor.

In an effort to report something positive I must say that it keeps time just fine. So that's good.

Back