The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

My Morgan Cup prep is coming to an end with my final 18 holes of golf being played this Saturday. Just finished up 54 holes of golf this weekend with some THP'ers and I am really happy where my game is at heading into the MC week. This has been one heck of a ride once again this year boys. The pot of gold is within reach now!
its been a long ride brother. sharing a beer with you will be fun next week. My prep will end with a round on Saturday as well. Last outing with the men's group and some serious match play.

9 of these beauties showed up in the mail today. Team DotCom, are you ready?

View attachment 15560
Very cool, well done.

I booked my final round this afternoon; next Tuesday at Quantico's Medal of Honor course in Virginia. Hard to believe I head down to Myrtle Beach next week. Like Christmas, it's both coming on too slowly and entirely too fast. I do still have a lot of golf yet to play before that. Start my vacation days tomorrow, so I'll get in 18+ holes all this week, plus range time. Lots of practice. Not sure my irons will be all there, but my mind and heart are feeling pretty at peace.

Let me just say that this has been such a great chance to be a part of this community. The amount of encouragement, patience, fun, and passion that surrounds THP is truly unlike anything I've seen before. Camaraderie that is shown between the teams, and the volunteers and supporters is amazing and unique. There are five squads each showing up with their own identity and are ready to make an indelible impact on the event and THP. It's been such an honor. Thank you.

Well stated Steve. See you soon my friend.

JM

I booked my final round this afternoon; next Tuesday at Quantico's Medal of Honor course in Virginia. Hard to believe I head down to Myrtle Beach next week. Like Christmas, it's both coming on too slowly and entirely too fast. I do still have a lot of golf yet to play before that. Start my vacation days tomorrow, so I'll get in 18+ holes all this week, plus range time. Lots of practice. Not sure my irons will be all there, but my mind and heart are feeling pretty at peace.

Let me just say that this has been such a great chance to be a part of this community. The amount of encouragement, patience, fun, and passion that surrounds THP is truly unlike anything I've seen before. Camaraderie that is shown between the teams, and the volunteers and supporters is amazing and unique. There are five squads each showing up with their own identity and are ready to make an indelible impact on the event and THP. It's been such an honor. Thank you.

Steve, it has been our pleasure to get to know you through this process, and I know we are all proud of how you have improved your game this year. I look forward to partnering up with you down there and finally getting to meet you.

Can't wait to meet you dude!!

Steve, it has been our pleasure to get to know you through this process, and I know we are all proud of how you have improved your game this year. I look forward to partnering up with you down there and finally getting to meet you.

I am look forward to our round on Saturday afternoon. Going to be alot of fun.

You've been awesome dude, it's been a pleasure watching you grow into the game and the forum. A true Morgan Cupper.

Well said, buddy. It's been quite a ride and glad we have been able to share the journey. It's gonna be a blast in Myrtle.

Youve definitely impressed me steve. Through the process , being a part of the team and knowing how hard you worked to get you numbers down has been inspirational. In a matter of days we ( all 40)will all be meeting up to reach the peak of this event together. We have all worked hard. I truly believe there will be some great golf happening on this weekend, some great friendships made and maybe even some friendly rivalries made.

Its getting harder and harder to work and sleep. The evening fill my mind with "I wonder "... sponsors, thp, teams, 40 participants .. 3 days of this.... #bringiton

This might have been asked in here but I don't remember it. Do any of you have a club in mind that you want to swing first? I have a few buddies who are superstitious about new clubs and will take the first swing with like a PW in hopes it's a solid strike.

As for me, it will be a wedge mainly because that's always the first club I pull out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might have been asked in here but I don't remember it. Do any of you have a club in mind that you want to swing first? I have a few buddies who are superstitious about new clubs and will take the first swing with like a PW in hopes it's a solid strike.

As for me, it will be a wedge mainly because that's always the first club I pull out.

6 iron pretty much sets the tone for me for all of my clubs. Its what I always hit first. Then I go to driver, then to wedges.

7I, its the iron I have in my hand the most on the course typically (outside of LW) and its what I use to warmup at the range with and lessons

Great question I'm interested to see the responses. While not part of this years event, I do think I would hit a wedge first also, nothing longer than a 9 iron in order to hopefully get a good first few strikes to get the confidence up in them right away. That's usually what I do with any new set of irons.

I will probably grab Gap wedge first then 8 iron then driver

Don't plan on changing my normal warm up routine at all. Once I'm warm I'll spend time of specific clubs that I want to work with.

Always PW. Start with some 1/2 speed shots and work my way into full shots.

Probably PW for me.

I always start with my wedges so probably the 58* and work my way down

I'll hit an 8 iron first. Then hybrid up to driver. Wedges in between the long clubs.

6 iron because I've already got one, so it will be familiar, then probably driver and work down to wedges.

9 iron for me to get warm then up and down the bag as needed.

JM

First swing will be with the black 54* then head into the 8i, 4h, and driver.

I will hit about 10 70 yd GW shots, then hit 5-10 shots with the 9,7,5,hyb,3w and driver. Last 5 shots are always the first shot I take off the tee

Back