Northern California Get Together?

As usual, flexibility is key! :D

Alright guys, here's where I'm at...currently. Poppy looks better for Sunday than Saturday. Most of us can only do 1 day. However, I just talked to our Pasatiempo connection and his tournament got switched from Saturday to Sunday, so it looks like we may be able to get onto Pasatiempo on Saturday, between 10:40 and Noon for a price that's actually lower than Poppy. I haven't played Poppy since the renovation, but I've only played Pasatiempo once. To me, it's a no-brainer. Pasatiempo is a bucket list course and Poppy isn't going anywhere. If we've got a chance to get 3 groups on at the same time at Pasatiempo, I say we jump all over it. Let me know if you disagree, otherwise, I think we ought to proceed with trying for Pasatiempo on the 26th. Here again is the current list I have of participants. If your status has changed or does change, please let me know ASAP.

syndicate559
mancest
Bigoats
Tummy
chicogolf
TheHeez
Aoxomxoa
time4tim
gingerista

I am in 100% for Pasatiempo I might be able to get 1 more if need Eddie

Yep, definitely in for Pasa on Saturday.

Still in for Pasatiempo 7/26. Can u say what the rate is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern California Get Together?

You're the only one of us actually lucky enough to live over there! Well, actually gingerista does and there's another guy on the forum, MarkUK who I think lives in the Monterey area, but he doesn't hang out in this thread (I should look into that).

However, I do now :D

Is Rob still slated to play Pasi on Saturday?

I played Poppy recently and it was a real challenge. The greens need to mature a bit but they have been trying to work on softening them. It was well over 5 hours on the weekend day I played it. Pasi is looking a little like Pinehurst in places and is playing very well.

I played Poppy recently and it was a real challenge. The greens need to mature a bit but they have been trying to work on softening them. It was well over 5 hours on the weekend day I played it. Pasi is looking a little like Pinehurst in places and is playing very well.

Yes, his tournament was moved to Sunday so he's in for Saturday.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it might have been a good choice to wait to play Poppy

However, I do now :D

It's about time you made an appearance.

I won't be able to make this event, just too soon after SeeMore. I should be good in the fall through.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So it's Saturday the 26th at Pasatiempo at what time(s)?

So at this point, is everyone just planning on rolling in Saturday morning for the day? Since this event was conceived as a weekend, I sold my wife on the idea of a Monterey getaway… but now we are Santa Cruz based. Weekend lodging in Santa Cruz is astronomical (think 200+ before fees and taxes for a Super 8 style motel), but just over the hill in Santa Clara county it's quite reasonable. Unless something better pops up that's what I see us doing. 3 hours is a little long for a drive up and play, but 20 minutes from Cupertino or something is all good.

So at this point, is everyone just planning on rolling in Saturday morning for the day? Since this event was conceived as a weekend, I sold my wife on the idea of a Monterey getaway… but now we are Santa Cruz based. Weekend lodging in Santa Cruz is astronomical (think 200+ before fees and taxes for a Super 8 style motel), but just over the hill in Santa Clara county it's quite reasonable. Unless something better pops up that's what I see us doing. 3 hours is a little long for a drive up and play, but 20 minutes from Cupertino or something is all good.

I think it is only a little over 2 depending on traffic

yeah, Alan, I think most everybody is making it a 1-day trip at this point. I know we planned on Monterey to start, but the Poppy thing just wasn't working well and the opportunity to play a course like Pasatiempo is too good to pass up (at least that's the most common point of view, hopefully you feel the same). So we're going with that angle at the moment, really hoping it works out. I'm getting antsy, but it's not a simple thing getting 3 foursomes on a course like that at guest rate. As of now, our guy over there has to wait to talk to the pro (who isn't back until Tuesday) and get approval to bring that many groups that day. My fingers are crossed that we can pull it off.

Just want to say thank you to those that are trying to put this together. I know it's not an easy task, and it's not complete, but even if it falls through....thank you.

Just want to say thank you to those that are trying to put this together. I know it's not an easy task, and it's not complete, but even if it falls through....thank you.

If something falls through we'll find something else. We'll be playing somewhere over there that weekend!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

yeah, Alan, I think most everybody is making it a 1-day trip at this point. I know we planned on Monterey to start, but the Poppy thing just wasn't working well and the opportunity to play a course like Pasatiempo is too good to pass up (at least that's the most common point of view, hopefully you feel the same). So we're going with that angle at the moment, really hoping it works out. I'm getting antsy, but it's not a simple thing getting 3 foursomes on a course like that at guest rate. As of now, our guy over there has to wait to talk to the pro (who isn't back until Tuesday) and get approval to bring that many groups that day. My fingers are crossed that we can pull it off.

Thanks for the update

I'm in Cambria / SLO / Morro Bay for 10 days...if somebody wants to hook up for a round, hit me up...not sure what's happening yet..

I'll also PM the known central coast THP folk.

Drum roll please.........................................

Alright you guys, we got it set up. Pasatiempo. Saturay, July 26th. 3 tee times, starting at 11:30 AM. Price is $85 + $17 for cart ($102 for golf/cart at this course is just a stupid good deal!). Range balls included. You can arrive as early as you want and hit the range, restaurant, pro shop, etc. This is gonna be a good one, folks.

here's my updated list of those playing at this point...

syndicate559
mancest
Bigoats
Bigoats (guest/Collin)
Tummy
chicogolf
TheHeez
Aoxomxoa
time4tim
gingerista
RoundersRob

I may have a +1, but as of right now, we have room for at least 1more player. Let me know ASAP if you want to bring a guest. Guys, if you know Rob, hit him up with a thanks or pat on the back. He's hooking us up for sure.

Last edited:
Drum roll please.........................................

Alright you guys, we got it set up. Pasatiempo. Saturay, July 26th. 3 tee times, starting at 11:30 AM. Price is $85 + $17 for cart ($102 for golf/cart at this course is just a stupid good deal!). Range balls included. You can arrive as early as you want and hit the range, restaurant, pro shop, etc. This is gonna be a good one, folks.

Oh man that is ridiculously awesome. Can not wait! Thank you to RoundersRob and Syndicate for setting it all up.

Eddie
I have a +1 My buddy Colin is going to come

Much Thanks to Eddie and Rob for making this one happen

Back