THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question but for the members using US Handicap, does the membership run for a calendar year or year from purchase date?

9.6 up from 9.1

Played twice, lousy both times.

Handicap up to a 4.9. I feel that is accurate with how up and down I have been playing lately

Today's revision has me at a 3.1. I've posted some ridiculously good scores (for me) here lately and the 'cap has dropped from a 5.6 to a 3.1 in 2 months. Game is in great shape, hope to keep it going!

Quick question but for the members using US Handicap, does the membership run for a calendar year or year from purchase date?

Mine is at my club and goes from April 15 to the end of the season Nov 30 I think.

I'm back down to 10.1, which is where I was before the neck injury. But, I feel I can play better than that if I can keep my head out of my arse. A better way of saying that is "if I can get out of my own way". Sorry.

The game I saw from you at Big Canoe was way better than a 10. No way I'm giving strokes to you! Haha. You will be a force at the MC!

I went from a 4.9 to a 3.8. All thanks to the bb alpha and the sr3. This combo has seriously helped my game. Ive never had a lesson. Short game and putting are also big keys to low scores.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Looks like I'll show up for the Morgan Cup trending down to 16.8. But I still got a couple more rounds to play before that. Would rather not count chickens before they hatch.

Today's revision has me at a 3.1. I've posted some ridiculously good scores (for me) here lately and the 'cap has dropped from a 5.6 to a 3.1 in 2 months. Game is in great shape, hope to keep it going!
Ur an animal

Looks like I will be a 12.4. Not where I want to be but I do feel it is accurate and will travel well.

Looks like I will be a 12.4. Not where I want to be but I do feel it is accurate and will travel well.
That's not bad dude. You playing a bunch of different courses? I've done it more this year than before and scores stay pretty consistent despite not playing my best golf

That's not bad dude. You playing a bunch of different courses? I've done it more this year than before and scores stay pretty consistent despite not playing my best golf

I have played a few different places and I have done a nice job of mixing up the tee boxes at my home track and using different clubs off the tee. My home course sets up pretty close to Caledonia as far as difficulty so I expect to shoot about the same there as I do at home. Will be fun to see if I pull that off here in a week.

If I keep trending with no new scores coming soon, you and I are going to be even quite quickly.

If I keep trending with no new scores coming soon, you and I are going to be even quite quickly.

That is crazy. I think you still need to give me several strokes.

As expected I'm a 12.9. Considering I started the year close to 18 that's great for me, but not where I want to be. Goal was 10 by the end of the year and that's what I want.

I am happy my game travels. I tested it this weekend on a couple of courses that provided a challenge and I've never seen. Posted decent scores for both rounds, but could have been lower.

Several good scores dropped off.
Up .5 to 14.8 :at-wits-end:

Gotta turn that trend around.

From 8.1 down to 6.5 with 82 rounds on the year. Not getting to play much lately but putting up some decent scores including a nice 72 Sunday.

Ive had a couple of good scores fall off this change so going from 10.4 to a 10.7. At least im consistently in the 10-11 range, which I have been able to hang around in since December last year and ive played about 40 rounds this year so far.

I actually trended up from 10.9 to 11.1 in this revision. I was only able to enter one league score that wasn't great in. I played in 2 charity scramble tournaments and played 2 courses that didn't have an approved USGA slope rating, so I wasn't able to count those towards my handicap. I feel that is right where I am at though. I full expect when I play to shoot 10 or 11 over par. I feel comfortable going into the Morgan Cup and I am looking forward to seeing how my game transfers down there.

Working on hitting more with the left hand and a couple of low scores dropped off so the ghin has gone up just a little, to 5.0

I'm back down below the handicap equator +0.4. Lots of hard work

I'm back down below the handicap equator +0.4. Lots of hard work

Well done Freddie, you have been on a tear as of late, keep it up buddy!

Down to 5.4, But I don't put much stock the the Ghin number--I play a tough rated home course that I know well--I would think I am honestly a 6-8 range.

been playing pretty well, til this weekend..dropped from 9.6 to 8.6 in my mind I'm still around a 12..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back