Reaction score
Groupings announced for first couple of days, some nice ones in there:

Donald, Fowler, Garcia

Woods, Carbrera, Stenson

Kaymer, Day, Johnson

Mickleson, Els, Bubba Watson

Rose, Scott, Dufner

Love the lazy media...

"Hey Phil. Congrats on being the defending Open champion. What do you think about tiger being back this week?"

ugh.

Tiger and Phil on opposite sides of the draw:
Tiger Woods tee times: Thu 4:04aET, Fri 9:05aET w/ Cabrera & Stenson
Phil Mickelson tee times: Thu 9:05aET, Fri 4:04aET w/ Els & Bubba Watson

Have to think that Justin Rose will be one of the guys that a lot of people will be picking this week, coming off of 2 wins in a row at Congressional and Royal Aberdeen.

Looking forward to this weeks Open Championship, toughest part will be dragging myself away from the TV on Thursday and Friday mornings to go into work. Fortunately we have cafe/lounge where everyone is encouraged to take their laptops and work away from their office/cubes whenever they please. I've already told one of facility guys to make sure ESPN is on Thursday and Friday.

Dozens of people hung out there during the World Cup games, I'll be doing it this week, probably with not as big of crowd though....ha.

Love that Rose, Scott, Dufner grouping and I really like TW, Cabrera and Stenson one as well. Maybe I can catch the back 9 of the morning groups.

Love the lazy media...

"Hey Phil. Congrats on being the defending Open champion. What do you think about tiger being back this week?"

ugh.
He just can't get away from answering questions about Tiger at any point of his career!

Feeling confident about my team this week, which means 6 players won't make the cut.

Obviously the UK guys on here would know more, but I'm reading that the course is not going to play like it did in 2006. There was much more rain in the weeks leading up to the event this year, so the rough is thicker, and the temperatures aren't going to be as warm. I think a lot of players will still hit less than driver on a number of holes to stay short of the fairway bunkers, but it's not going to have the crazy amounts of roll that happened in 2006. In other words, I think Tiger will have to hit more than 1 driver in the tournament this week, and that goes for everyone else as well.

TV schedule for The Open. All ESPN this year. Hope Berman has stayed in the states!

[h=5]Wednesday, July 16[/h]Television: SportsCenter at the Open Championship, ESPN/WatchESPN, 6 p.m. ET

[h=5]Round 1; Thursday, July 17[/h]Television: Round 1 on ESPN/WatchESPN, 4 a.m.-3 p.m. ET; The Open Championship Today, Round 1 encore on ESPN/Watch ESPN, 3-6 p.m. ET; Best of the Open Championship, Round 1 on ESPN/Watch ESPN, 7-10 p.m. ET;

ESPN.com: Watch ESPN broadcast via WatchESPN starting at 4 a.m. ET. Watch special feed of holes 13/14/15 from Royal Liverpool starting at 4 a.m. ET on ESPN3 as well as a marquee pairing on ESPN3 and the BBC world feed. There will also be @TheOpenLive (starting at 2:30 a.m. ET) and a Spanish language feed. Track scores on the Open Championship leaderboard.

GolfCast: ESPN.com's Michael Collins, Farrell Evans and Alex Perry share live analysis starting at 8 a.m. ET.

[h=5]Round 2; Friday, July 18[/h]Television: Round 2 on ESPN/WatchESPN, 4 a.m.-3 p.m. ET; The Open Championship Today, Round 2 encore on ESPN/Watch ESPN, 3-6 p.m. ET; Best of the Open Championship, Round 2 on ESPN/Watch ESPN, 7-10 p.m. ET;

ESPN.com: Watch ESPN broadcast via WatchESPN starting at 4 a.m. ET. Watch special feed of holes 13/14/15 from Royal Liverpool starting at 4 a.m. ET on ESPN3 as well as a marquee pairing on ESPN3 and the BBC world feed. There will also be @TheOpenLive (starting at 2:30 a.m. ET) and a Spanish language feed. Track scores on the Open Championship leaderboard.

GolfCast: ESPN.com's Michael Collins, Farrell Evans and Alex Perry share live analysis starting at 8 a.m. ET.

[h=5]Round 3; Saturday, July 19[/h]Television: Round 3 on ESPN/WatchESPN, 7 a.m.-2:30 p.m. ET; The Open Championship Today, Round 3 encore on ABC, 3-6 p.m. ET; Best of the Open Championship, Round 3 on ESPN/Watch ESPN, 7-10 p.m. ET;

ESPN.com: Watch ESPN broadcast via WatchESPN starting at 7 a.m. ET. Watch special feed of holes 13/14/15 from Royal Liverpool starting at 7 a.m. ET on ESPN3 as well as a marquee pairing on ESPN3 and the BBC world feed. There will also be @TheOpenLive (starting at 4 a.m. ET) and a Spanish language feed. Track scores on the Open Championship leaderboard.

GolfCast: ESPN.com's Michael Collins, Farrell Evans and Alex Perry share live analysis starting at 10 a.m. ET.

[h=5]Round 4; Sunday, July 20[/h]Television: Round 4 on ESPN/WatchESPN, 6 a.m.-1:30 p.m. ET; The Open Championship Today, Round 4 encore on ABC, 3-6 p.m. ET; Best of the Open Championship, Round 4 on ESPN2/Watch ESPN, 9-midnight ET;

ESPN.com: Watch ESPN broadcast via WatchESPN starting at 6 a.m. ET. Watch special feed of holes 13/14/15 from Royal Liverpool starting at 6 a.m. ET on ESPN3 as well as a marquee pairing on ESPN3 and the BBC world feed. There will also be @TheOpenLive (starting at 5 a.m. ET) and a Spanish language feed. Track scores on the Open Championship leaderboard.

GolfCast: ESPN.com's Michael Collins, Farrell Evans and Alex Perry share live analysis starting at 9 a.m. ET.

Rose is on fire at the moment. Is he the one to beat this week?

Thur/fri weather...

Hoylake-thur.png

Hoylake-fri.png

Looks like some mild temps, I hope the rain holds off.

The Open Championship of Life! Great video by ESPN!!!

Obviously the UK guys on here would know more, but I'm reading that the course is not going to play like it did in 2006. There was much more rain in the weeks leading up to the event this year, so the rough is thicker, and the temperatures aren't going to be as warm. I think a lot of players will still hit less than driver on a number of holes to stay short of the fairway bunkers, but it's not going to have the crazy amounts of roll that happened in 2006. In other words, I think Tiger will have to hit more than 1 driver in the tournament this week, and that goes for everyone else as well.

I wonder if the longer hitters can get around with just 3 woods and not necessarily drivers. From what I've read, the golf course still runs out quite a bit, just not as much as it did in 2006.

That was great Icey..thanks for posting it.

Looks like DJ and Rose sporting UDI, was a pic on twitter of DJ with a graphite shaft in his.

Mark Calcavecchia out, which is a shame, David Hearn in.

Just set my alarm for 4am!! Why am I excited over this?

Best major of the year for mine. Peter Allis, links golf, no idiots in the crowd yelling moronic stuff. Hopefully another win for Adam Scott.

Who is planning to be up early in the morning to watch it live? I'm planning to get up around 5 and watch a couple hours worth before work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back