Congrats you two! I'm stoked to see your creations and hear your learning curve for these grilles.

One accessory you might like is the electric fan that goes in the bottom to help regulate heat. My friend's dad with his BGE says he can leave his over night and it will take care of everything.

Congrats you two! I'm stoked to see your creations and hear your learning curve for these grilles.

One accessory you might like is the electric fan that goes in the bottom to help regulate heat. My friend's dad with his BGE says he can leave his over night and it will take care of everything.
Are you talking about egg accelerator? I am hillbilly so I did not get that with mine, I use my 30 dollar electric leaf blower lol.

One meal left with our babies before heading out to the huge Morgan Cup. Going to do it on the new grill and do it up well.

One meal left with our babies before heading out to the huge Morgan Cup. Going to do it on the new grill and do it up well.

Enjoy it! What's on the menu!

Are you talking about egg accelerator? I am hillbilly so I did not get that with mine, I use my 30 dollar electric leaf blower lol.

Thanks for the guffaw!!

Can anyone tell me what the big KJ or XL BGE is going for in your area?

Can anyone tell me what the big KJ or XL BGE is going for in your area?

Full setup you are looking at about $1300 for Big Joe and about $ 1475 for BGE.

Now keep in mind that this is with nest and all accessories, tax and delivered.

Full setup you are looking at about $1300 for Big Joe and about $ 1475 for BGE.

Now keep in mind that this is with nest and all accessories, tax and delivered.
Thanks! I got a quote for the big joe at 2 different places. One was $1300 and other was $1500. I assumed they came with same accessories.

Thanks! I got a quote for the big joe at 2 different places. One was $1300 and other was $1500. I assumed they came with same accessories.

They most likely do, however make sure both are 2014 models. Easiest way to ask is if it has a Ash Drawer/Tray or not. They both come with Ash tools, but only the 2014 comes with the tray.

Another thing that could make the difference is if it were the stainless model.
One last thing is if one came with the "nest" and the other with a table.

We went the Classic route, because the Big Joe was huge.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys make on this thing. I'd love one, but I think with our porch being covered with a foot of snow for a few months a year, I don't know if I could make that happen.

You need to throw that bad boy in the trailer and bring to MB. let Kong get all mid evil with it.

I cheat and throw my smoked wings in the fryer for a minute to crisp them up then sauce them.

It's Kamado day.

reju3u3u.jpg

e6yty7e3.jpg

Looks awesome. Now, go molster some meats!

The glow from below

a2ugu8a7.jpg

Barely open for low Temps

ju8u5u7y.jpg

deqy7yby.jpg

Very nice! Is that the Big Joe? How sweet, man I want one. Might have to start shopping for Xmas.

Can you use charcoal with these types of grills?

Classic Joe.

They are charcoal grills. You just use lump charcoal.
Lump natural wood charcoal and ZERO lighter fluid :)

Can we get a shot of the ash tray you mentioned earlier? (Vs. the ash tool?)

Can we get a shot of the ash tray you mentioned earlier? (Vs. the ash tool?)

Not at the current time because its a bit warm, but gladly soon.

Slide out drawer for ashes.

udu3edyn.jpg

Nice man, did you bring it home yourself? 1 man job is really what I am after.

Back