The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this case a man, woman, and 4 trash compactors doubling as kids. But that's a lot for one day even by our standards. We may need to place another order from the farm soon!

I figured it was the family, but you teed it right for somebody! :act-up:

JM

Any thoughts on the Big Green Egg? A client just bought me a large one as a thank you.- it is currently sitting in the box in my garage. We have a built in natural gas grill (Turbo Burner Deluxe) that I love, is it worth trying the egg?

old smokey.jpg

After many years of flare-ups and dry meat, I went back to charcoal and got one of these. It's kind of primitive and looks like a couple wash tubs, but for $80 delivered, it's a bargain and works very well at grilling and smoking. Just have to keep the vents adjusted and monitor the temp for smoking.

BTW, anyone grill potatoes? Just brush on some olive oil and add sprinkle on some spices - they're awesome, and I can never make enough for the kids.

This happening right now. Watching the #BritishOpen chicken leg BBQ with my boys.
attachment.php

View attachment 15602

It will be seeing something similar on the new Kamado later.

It will be seeing something similar on the new Kamado later.
Nice. Throw up some pics for us if you get a chance.

Sunday funday with my lady, and that means smoker time! I'm thinking pork butt, brisket, and beef jerky. Any other suggestions?

Sunday funday with my lady, and that means smoker time! I'm thinking pork butt, brisket, and beef jerky. Any other suggestions?
Sounds awesome. How do you make the beef jerky on the smoker? I feel like I need to know how to do that

Sounds awesome. How do you make the beef jerky on the smoker? I feel like I need to know how to do that

It's actually pretty easy. Tri-tip is my favorite cut to use. Cut it in 1/4" thick strips and marinate it overnight. The key is the marinade. How the marinade tastes is how the jerky will taste. I use 16oz of water and 4oz of Dale's brown sauce as a base. Then I add worchestershire, soy, teryaki, jalapeno tabasco, habanero hot sauce, brown sugar, white pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste. After that, its 7-8 hours on the smoker at 150-175 degrees

Sounds amazing Thanks!

Sounds amazing Thanks!

You're welcome. Keep in mind that those ingredients are just what I prefer so you can experiment with just about anything to find the right flavor you. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you

New kamado

Pre sauce
y2ahy3a4.jpg

Final crisping
gurynura.jpg

5unajyme.jpg

I just drilled on myself JB

Holy crap Josh. They look amazing. And cooked on the grill, I assume not as greasy? Hate the grease...love the crisp.

Damn Josh, those look gooooood!

Holy crap Josh. They look amazing. And cooked on the grill, I assume not as greasy? Hate the grease...love the crisp.

These were cooked on the new Kamado. First run with it and we were nervous. Turns out for no reason because they are up there with the best wings we have ever had. No grease at all, nice and crispy, tender like pulled pork or ribs and fantastic flavor.

Darn easy with the new grill too.
Put the rub on.
Get grill to 300 degrees flat.
Grill for an hour.
Come back and check on pull off. Toss in sauce and then back on grill for 10 minutes.
Serve.

Yeah, that def qualifies as easy. I told Amanda that in two years, I want one of those grills as her "got a grown up job" gift to me. Hahaha

Yummy yummy

Awesome. I would love to have one of those grills. Have pondered a green egg for a few years, but can't justify the expense when I have a weber that works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back