Adams Introduces Pro Black CB-1 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Adams Golf (NasdaqCM:ADGF) introduces the latest offering of its successful and industry-leading Idea franchise with the new Idea Pro Black CB1 irons. Designed for skilled players, the premium set features eight tour-styled forged carbon steel heads with a dramatic nickel-chrome plated and black physical vapor deposition (PVD) finish. Engineered for and played by some of the best players in the world, the Idea Pro Black CB1 irons deliver a penetrating ball flight for superior shot-making ability with an exceptionally soft feel.

The traditionally forged 8620 carbon steel head construction provides outstanding control, performance and feedback for the lower-handicap golfer. Each head has a precision milled cavity and precisely located center of gravity to offer longer, more consistent distance with improved accuracy. The set also features milled grooves that comply with 2010 USGA competition requirements while maximizing spin from all playing conditions. A thin top line and beveled trailing edge reduces turf interaction, delivering the look and feel from a variety of lies that better players expect. In addition, the constant offset through the entire set offers superior control for players wanting to work their ball flight.

"Originally developed exclusively for our professional staff players like Tom Watson, the overwhelmingly positive comments about the feel and performance of the CB1s from the tour inevitably led us to make this set an integral part of the successful Idea family of irons," said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. "This stealth-looking set has already received high marks from golf enthusiasts plugged into the online community so we look forward to bringing the CB1s to low-handicap golfers everywhere who appreciate the control and workability of this forged set of irons."

The stock shafts for the Idea Pro Black CB1 iron set are the Rifle Project X Flighted steel shaft or the Mitsubishi Rayon Javln FX i95 graphite shaft, available in regular, stiff or extra-stiff flexes. Offered standard in a right-handed 4-GW set configuration, the Idea Pro Black CB1 iron sets begin shipping to golf shops April 15 with a suggested retail price of $899.99 for steel and $1,099.99 for graphite.

2017816.jpg

These look great!!!! I will probably end up with the CB2's that they're releasing on the 15th too. I just wish that the KBS Tour Black shafts were available on these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Admin
They do look great and we are hoping to have a set to review any day now.

I sure hope you get some to review...Any chance that you will get any of the CB2's to review as well?

• Admin
I have been checking out my emails and it seems that we should be getting the CB2s and not the CB1s any day now. My mistake.

wow do those look sexy......

These irons are sweet looking! I can't wait to see more pics and read the review!

Nice looking clubs! Too bad my handicap is just a bit too high for them. Maybe one day!

Sweet looking irons! These are the first black forged irons I've seen. I don't recall Adams ever having produced forged irons - are these their first?

They have done a couple before this. Going off memory alone I believe they had an A4 forged iron and they have the Idea Pro Black Forged MBs.

They have done a couple before this. Going off memory alone I believe they had an A4 forged iron and they have the Idea Pro Black Forged MBs.

Didn't know that - thanks. Any recollection on how the black finish wore? I wonder if it rubs off quickly like some have wrote that Cleveland's BP finish wears (which IMO is a turn off).

The finish does not seem to wear off that much compared to others. However some are designed to wear off (Cleveland) and others are not.

Those are "hawt"

Virgin post here. I still play the original idea pros circa 2006 or so and its a forged club. Idea pro gold came after that and were forged as well. It seems most folks liked the originals better as do I. Very underated irons and can be had at very good price if you can find them. Small head, thin topline, minimal offset and stock with tt black gold shafts, also underated IMHO.

I haven't seen them in person but The A4's came in a forged and a cast with the black finish and most people seemed to like the black finish on the cast which I believe is the same on these.

These are awesome looking irons! I've been looking for something to replace my idea pro irons. These don't look any smaller than the idea pros but sometimes its hard to tell from the stock photos that they release. Either way, I think that these would match my Supertri TP real nice!

Those are some sweet sticks.

I love the look, a great update to the line.

very cool finish

Back