What does your course charge for a warm-up bucket? or cup lol

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
My muni's charge $5 and its about 15 to 20 balls (though I never actually counted)
I think its a bit much for just a few warm-up balls especially if your going to golf and have a paid tee time.
I know its not a huge amount of money but still it adds to the whole golfing expense. It use to be $3 and I think it increased to $5 in one shot.

Anyway I am not cheapskate at all but I also don't have a lot of money to spend on golf and do find $5bucks to warm up a little ridiculous, No? I often do not do it and just go putt. But sometimes I want to work out a bug or two with the warm-up. if it were just a couple bucks I'd get one more often. Which makes me think if it were cheaper they may pick up more money from more patrons doing it than they do now at $5bucks. Sometimes being penny wise can be pound foolish. But who knows, it is what it is.

Most courses around me are 5 to 6 bucks for a small bucket. Probably 30 balls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have a few here that are 8-10 range most are 5-6 range though. I honestly only want 10 balls to warm up with wish I could pay per ball ha.

$4.50 for about 30 balls. I'm cheap too cuz if I see some balls within ten yards from the pad from previous hitters (and no one else around) I'll fetch those to give me extra. :confused2:

4 or 4.50 for a small and 7.50 for large

$7 for about 35.

The course I usually play is $5 also. It's about 30 balls or so I guess. I've always thought it was a bit much, but usually just factor it into the cost of the round if I have time to warm up.

What I will do if I know I'll be playing there again within a week or two is take a bag with me, hit half of them, then pack up the rest and put them in the car for the next time. It at least saves me the cost the next time.

The course I usually play is $5 also. It's about 30 balls or so I guess. I've always thought it was a bit much, but usually just factor it into the cost of the round if I have time to warm up.

What I will do if I know I'll be playing there again within a week or two is take a bag with me, hit half of them, then pack up the rest and put them in the car for the next time. It at least saves me the cost the next time.

You borrow the range balls?

you guys are getting 30 balls in the warmup bucket? that's pretty good. As said I don't think its even 20 but close to it if not. Obviously more balls makes the $5 more worthy but I don't want really want more balls, just less fee for the small amount they give me. Too many balls can cause one to start toying around and throw off the purpose of the small warm-up imo. I usually just try to get into a good feeling of tempo. But to each his own.

Anyway I thought many would be saying some are free or just a couple bucks,
but I guess nowadays like anything else it costs money, heck, its getting so it going to cost us 5bucks just to wake up in the morning lol
And another 5 if you want to breathe. And extra for "clean" air.
Sorry to ramble but money (cost of living) and doing things just gets frustrating.

Well, in theory they give them to you. You pay the guy to go pick 'em up.

yea, for 30 balls that's an idea. Sometimes I build up a small supply of found shag balls and on occasion just use them.

My home course only has bags of 50 balls. $5.

Warm up balls are not without cost to the course. I wouldn't expect to get the thrown in

My home course doesn't have a specific "warm-up" bucket. But our small bucket (40 balls) is $3.00. My winter home course, in Mesa, AZ, includes a bag of 25 balls with each round. Most ppl hit 10-15 of them and move on to the tee.

I'm guessing here because I can't fully remember, but I believe a small bucket at my course is $2.50...and has around 20 balls in it. Large bucket, 50 balls or so, is $5.00.

My home course only has bags of 50 balls. $5.

Warm up balls are not without cost to the course. I wouldn't expect to get the thrown in

That's a decent price at $5 for 50 balls and more along the lines of a small bucket at a driving range. But a warm-up bucket is not usually that many balls. It does come at a cost I understand. But like said, just a small warmup pile could be cheaper and if it was then just maybe they would also sell more of them. Perhaps do more volume even though cheaper could mean more income. Who knows?

$3 small $5 medium can't remember what a large costs

That's a decent price at $5 for 50 balls and more along the lines of a small bucket at a driving range. But a warm-up bucket is not usually that many balls. It does come at a cost I understand. But like said, just a small warmup pile could be cheaper and if it was then just maybe they would also sell more of them. Perhaps do more volume even though cheaper could mean more income. Who knows?

Which is fine. I've never understood what a warm up bucket does that just swing a club doesn't.

I'm waking it that some of your courses practice area is also a practice range used by people also not golfing and buying different size buckets. That was the case where I use to live too. But my current local munis are not driving ranges but just warm up area with the small warm up tumbler. But in either case, a warm-up tumbler is a bit different than a practice bucket. I think that could be a tad discounted for the paid incoming tee timers. But look, its not the end of the world. Just curious what goes on elsewhere. Thanks so far for the responses

Which is fine. I've never understood what a warm up bucket does that just swing a club doesn't.

You know something, I never use to use one till the past couple seasons and after lessons and all I been through it all sort of changed my view on it. I don't do it all the time. Only when I arrive early enough and have too much time to kill. But I am starting to see some benefit to using one. Just gets me a good feel for the swing before the round. Or like I said eearlier, when I may want to tweak something I did wrong last time out, whatever. Some people seem to always have to use one before playing. I can still go either way I guess. Just depends how I feel at the time.

$2.50 for a small bucket of about 35 balls up to $4.50 for about a hundred balls.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

I think they are 20 for $5 or 50 for $8

My home course is $2 for a bucket of balls about 25-30 balls. (we only have one size of bucket) So I can't complain.

$6 small bucket - 25-30 balls
$8 medium bucket - 45-50 balls
$10 large bucket - 65-70 balls

You borrow the range balls?
If I know I'm going to be back soon, sure. I paid for the balls and the use of the range. There isn't anything that says I have to hit all the balls within an hour of purchase.

Back