Longest par 5+ you've ever played?

gr8dryv

Big Boned
Reaction score
Handicap
Job & Kids
I played The International in Bolton, MA the other day. This is from The Pines course there. Into the wind...the green is over an acre with undulations to beat the band. I bogey'd from the 575 tees. What's the longest hole you remember?

Last edited:
Longest par 5 I have played I believe is still the longest in the US at 725 yards. The Gallery Golf Club near Tuscon.

Number 1 at True Blue perhaps? Plays at 600 from the blue tees and can go back to 624.

Number 1 at True Blue perhaps? Plays at 600 from the blue tees and can go back to 624.

That's the one that comes to mind for me, too. 600ish from tees that aren't the tips.

There's a course near Atlanta called Cuscowilla that has a 600+ yard Par 5 as well -- that plays uphill! (14th hole). I regularly hit driver, 3h and still have a longish approach to the green. Beast of a hole.

Not sure on longest, but I know I have played from over 600.

Funny, after playing that hole 4 times I don't remember it playing overly long.

It helps when you don't have to play your topped tee shot.

595 from the men's tees. I believe it was about 625 from the tips.

A local place around here has a 630 yarder from the tips. Usually plays down wind but I've still only seen one person get remortgaging close in 2. Oh and it's got a nasty two tiered green

Played a 767 par 6 at Farmstead. I don't remember which it starts in but it runs between North and South Carolina.

Funny, after playing that hole 4 times I don't remember it playing overly long.

It helps when you don't have to play your topped tee shot.

Hahaha, true.

I agree that it doesn't seem overly long. Has consistently been driver, hybrid (to between 90-120), then a wedge/9i to the green.

There is a hole called "The Monster" by where I used to live. I believe its the longest par 5 in Michigan being 666 yards from the Blues. But not only is it long it's just dumb hole, you hit it 200-220 then it's a 90* dogleg left then it's another 200ish yards til it 90* doglegs right where you can have 200ish in depending if you try and cut some off the corner on your second. But to make even dumber they put a small collection pond on the corner where your second would land.

A local goat track down the shore, Green Tree, has a 676 yard par 6. Played it multiple times, including once with JB and Thainer.

696 yards at my home course in college, Colorado National

640 yds from the back tees. Birdied it twice in all the times I've played it, and will gladly take a par every time.

18th at Surrey Golf Course is 650 from the blue tees. Dead straight and wide, the last 100 yards are uphill to an elevated green.

Its a beast.

#7 at Skene Valley in Whitehall NY. It plays longer than 585 because it is all up and down hills, so if you ball stops on a downslope you may not get over the next upslope.

#7 at Redtail in Beaverton, 646 from the blacks. It is virtually impossible to reach in two for even the longest hitters because of a dog leg protected by water.

625 yards at Old Union (hole # 10) blue tees, this course has a 704 yard par 5 at hole #3 from the Black tees. Interesting course it also has a 300 yard par 3 from the Black tees.

Last edited:
600 the 10th at Roddy Ranch it plays down hill with a pond on the left side and back up hill to a elevated green

600+ on a few different courses.

The first hole at Contraband Bayou at the Louisiana Invitational from the Blues during our practice round played around 610 yards. I did not get a par, but the look on v.man's face when heard 6-something was priceless.

Also...we played the longest hole at Purgatory from the tips during a practice round at the Indianapolis Invitational. I don't remember the distance, but I finished with a two putt par.

Played a par 5 at Thanksgiving Point in Utah that was around 600 yards from the middle tees we were playing, but close to 700 from the tips.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The first hole at Contraband Bayou at the Louisiana Invitational from the Blues during our practice round played around 610 yards. I did not get a par, but the look on v.man's face when heard 6-something was priceless.

Also...we played the longest hole at Purgatory from the tips during a practice round at the Indianapolis Invitational. I don't remember the distance, but I finished with a two putt par.

They didn't have the furthest tee cut at Purgatory and that one would play 774 yards. The furthest tee that was cut was close to 650

They didn't have the furthest tee cut at Purgatory and that one would play 774 yards. The furthest tee that was cut was close to 650
Definitely, and why I couldn't remember the exact distance. I remember Rob (rbarthle17) quite perturbed we weren't playing the "real" tips.

610 on a massive dogleg left. Its a silly hole, even has a tree smack in the middle of the first tee shot. I don't play there often, but that hole always irritates me.

Back