What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PB!! 38/40 - 78 @ Don Shulas GC. 8/14 FIR, 7/18 GIR & 31 putts. Tee game was better than usual and good lag putts helped to avoid doubles. My only birdie was on the par 5 9th and was a huge confidence boost for the back 9. This round was totally unexpected and I hope to build on this over the next 7 weeks to #theGauntlet.

PB!! 38/40 - 78 @ Don Shulas GC. 8/14 FIR, 7/18 GIR & 31 putts. Tee game was better than usual and good lag putts helped to avoid doubles. My only birdie was on the par 5 9th and was a huge confidence boost for the back 9. This round was totally unexpected and I hope to build on this over the next 7 weeks to #theGauntlet.

WTG Canes!

A year ago a round like today would have sidelined me for weeks. Missed fairways, missed greens and poor short game. Literally nothing clicked and it was super frustrating.

A year later, today I look at the bright spots from this mornings round as well as the past few weeks. The new clubs are on the way and it's back to practicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my final round today prior to leaving for Myrtle Beach and the #THPMC. I wasn't all that thrilled with the score, but, I was really using it as a "practice" round of sorts. I hit shots I wouldn't normally hit in certain situations just to get a little feel for the shot. HaHa, some of those didn't work out all that well. If I learned anything, it was that I should stick with my strengths and the shots with which I'm most comfortable--probably good advice for all of us.

The so-so round started roughly with a 44 on the front. Was a little better on the back with a 40, for an 84. A double on 17 screwed up a decent back nine. Hit 12/14 greens, 7 GIR, and 34 putts (incl. 2 3-jacks). I wasn't happy with my putts, missing a few good looks at birdie.

Went 41/43 for an 84 tying my PB. This morning I was 10/14 FW & 30 putts. Overall it was a good day striking the ball with my irons & Bertha continues to deliver the distance. I know I'm putting the swing on the ball, but helps when equipment frees you up to play. I had 3 holes that cost me, but happy where the game is headed.
Nice buddy!

95 today on a course that I scored 102 on about a month ago. Only 2 times i've played the course, so I am pleased with the improvement. I went out as a single. There was a pair in front of me and a 5-some with a dog ahead of them. As I'm taking my third shot on the par 5 3rd, a member of the 5 some comes up to me and tells me to join the pair in front of me and then they'd let us through and they're not going to keep letting singles and pairs through them all day or else they'd never get done. I told him I understood and was in no rush. As I approached the green, the pair was teeing off on the next hole so didn't want to interrupt. I was pleased when they asked me if I wanted to join them, which I did. We tend to focus on the bad etiquette on this board, it was refreshing to see some good out of the pair in front of me. We finished the rest of the enjoyable round together, although the group never let us through until after the 10th hole where the decided to reconcile their bets for approximately 5 minutes after leaving the green and they had really no choice to let us thru then.

Went to the range today to work on iron striking. Was placing a business card in front of my ball and a tee beside my ball making sure I was hitting the ball first.
As a result my iron play was no doubt the best part of my game today.

Played twin bridges , went 43/46 for 89
bajabyty.jpg

2a7ydu6u.jpg

3 birdies (back to back maybe first time ever) including a chip in from 76 yards on #1 and 88 yards on #13, 32 putts, only 4 greens playing 6274 yards but many were just missed,9 fairways, and 2 penalties tonight.

89 with 2 sevens and an 8...ur an animal dude well done

Tied my PB this year with a 38/37 for a Clive. Second time playing the course and had a great time.
2 Birds
11 Pars
5 Bogeys
1 Penalty (First shot before Provisional on two others were found by other cart...yes)
33 Putts (4 tap ins 1 - 3 Jack)

Taking the driver to Kang tomorrow for some epoxy replacement. Found the head twisting on the back nine and made me feel a lot better about the tee shots that had me guessing.

Tied my PB this year with a 38/37 for a Clive. Second time playing the course and had a great time.
2 Birds
11 Pars
5 Bogeys
1 Penalty (First shot before Provisional on two others were found by other cart...yes)

Taking the driver to Kang tomorrow for some epoxy replacement. Found the head twisting on the back nine and made me feel a lot better about the tee shots that had me guessing.

Great round. Nice playing, dude.

79, 77 in a 2 day tournament. Putter was struggling both days. I rarely play anymore, so I suppose that would be the first thing to go. Overall pretty good scores, and nice to get away from 2 screaming kids :)

82 at Tour 18 Dallas

Just started out on a 9 hole prep round. Playing from the tips. 3,545 yards.

Shot a 45 playing 9 yesterday. Hit 6 of 9 GIR and had 4x 3 putts. Can't wait to get my wedges back from being grooved and my potential new putter isn't making the bag.

79, 77 in a 2 day tournament. Putter was struggling both days. I rarely play anymore, so I suppose that would be the first thing to go. Overall pretty good scores, and nice to get away from 2 screaming kids :)

I know how the kids thing goes. I am lucky to get out once a month anymore.

Even through 5 went 6 over on the last 4.

42. From the tips

Got out for 8 holes with buddies today. 18 more tomorrow before MB. Shot 5 over in those holes fresh off a tiring work day.

Had a really good front except for 2 holes (2 doubles) for a 41 then bogeyed my way around the back for a 45. Just couldn't do anything on the back. The weather was taking its toll on me.

Shot a +8 for 9 in league today. Not the greatest round, but not the worst. No three putts, and was happy with my play around the greens, but approach play has been better. Threw away a stroke when I hit 3w knowing there was a chance I'd reach a hazard, since I usually have a 4w in the bag, but that's on the way to Myrtle right now.

2 Birds
11 Pars
5 Bogeys

Look at my partner getting super sharp just in time for the Morgan Cup. Way to go Doug!

Shot a +8 for 9 in league today. Not the greatest round, but not the worst. No three putts, and was happy with my play around the greens, but approach play has been better. Threw away a stroke when I hit 3w knowing there was a chance I'd reach a hazard, since I usually have a 4w in the bag, but that's on the way to Myrtle right now.

Another of my partners getting in good work with back-up clubs. Can't wait to tee it up with you Matt.

+6 42 today. Very solid contact all around was just pushing balls right a little. Ready for this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back