Longest par 5+ you've ever played?

Definitely, and why I couldn't remember the exact distance. I remember Rob (rbarthle17) quite perturbed we weren't playing the "real" tips.

Yeah man. I wanted to hit that massive pop fly off the tee and leave myself 700 yards left instead of 600. I got jipped!

Golf club of Illinois, #11 is a beast and almost always plays into the wind.

The signature par 5 at GCI, the monstrous Hole Number 11 demands three well hit shots to reach the green. Once the longest hole in the US at 678 yards from the tips, this hole is well mounded on the left with out of bounds guarding the right. Needless to say, par is a great score on this hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it was 675 yards at the RTJ course in Dothan, AL

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

712 par 6 at Farmstead. 767 from the back.

621 yards, Hanover GC NJ. O, and its uphill

Same here John. I played it on a day that was cart path only. All of my shots were on the left side of the fairway. The cart path is down the right. That was one long hole.

Par 6 800 yds at Spring Lake in south florida. longest hole in FL. Played from the blues, so 760.

608. Usually plays cross to slightly in the face winds. Not really a hard hole unless you pull your drive left (lateral hazard just left of the fairway to the 300 yard mark and trees beyond that on both sides). It's got a pretty steep hill right around the 300 yard mark. Probably takes a few yards off the playable distance, though not too much unless you hit your second shot really low, otherwise no club will get any roll. Though it's countered if there's a blue/back flag b/c the green is elevated and 60 yards deep.

View from top of hill standing near the 300 yard marker.

319534_10150913257790145_999972874_n.jpg

From green looking back.
299893_10150913257920145_1642460807_n.jpg

I think I'd be happy to play any par 5 up to 650 yards. And any par 6 (never played one) up to 850.

I seem to remember playing a par 6 in Myrtle Beach once, but I don't remember the name of the course. It was over 700 yards.

631 Yards 11th hole at Lonnie Poole. Can never seem to play that hole well even if I play forward tees

#11 at Lonnie Poole at NC States home course. I believe it played right about 630 from the tips. Ending up with a par on it. Driver-3wood-wedge-2putt

Still one of my favorite holes Ive ever played
IMG_2150_zps2a8209c0.jpg

The longest par 5 I've played was 573 yards from the middle tees (it's 644 from the tips), and I'll never play one longer. If I could hit two balls teed up I'd still have 100 yards left for my third. Unless I hit a perfect drive and a perfect 3W for my first two, I'm still probably facing 150+ on my third from the middle tees. Even with well hit shots I'm a full 9I on my third. By the way, on that course I usually play the next tee forward from the middle because it's still 6140 from those tees.

#13 741yds at Purgatory

I seem to remember playing a par 6 in Myrtle Beach once, but I don't remember the name of the course. It was over 700 yards.
I think there is a course in the Myrtle Beach area where one hole, a par 6, is where you tee off in South Carolina and putt in North Carolina. I've never played it, but it is folk lore in my golf league for a few guys who claim they have.

632 at Grand Lake Golf Club around here and 625 at Jimmie Austin Golf Club in Oklahoma. Played each course from the tips the first time and I never played the tips there again.

Roland Golf Course. Roland, MB
#9 Par 5 Blue - 645yds, White - 558yds and Ladies/Juniors - 506yds

And when you snap hook one 100 yards offline, it makes for a very long finishing hole.

Ah, yes. The Farmstead Par 6.

Not as easy one. Trouble left and right and when I played it, it was into the wind. Brutal.

That's a par 8 right? I think the longest I've played is just over 600 something.

Felt like one
Same here John. I played it on a day that was cart path only. All of my shots were on the left side of the fairway. The cart path is down the right. That was one long hole.

Got your exercise on that one. Fortunately when I played it, it was 90*. One of the guys in our group snapped hooked it only about 150 off the tee and into the hazard on the left. He did not have a good time on that hole.

595 yards from the back tees of #9 at Sterling Country Club

Golf club of Illinois, #11 is a beast and almost always plays into the wind.

The signature par 5 at GCI, the monstrous Hole Number 11 demands three well hit shots to reach the green. Once the longest hole in the US at 678 yards from the tips, this hole is well mounded on the left with out of bounds guarding the right. Needless to say, par is a great score on this hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That came to mind.

How about Chapel Hill in Johnsburg? #17 is 705 I believe.

613yds I believe is the longest so far.

600 yards for me. I can't believe there are 700 yard holes. That is stupid.

Back