Hole in One or Even Par?

I'd take the hole in one. A much smaller chance of that happening than an even par round. A hole in one is the holy grail of golf IMO

Even par...HIO is luck, even par is work. Plus, it's a lot less expensive afterwards :)

For me it's the ace without a doubt. A total score is just a number to me. I don't play a lot of meaningful rounds so I don't get too uptight about score. I can barely remember much about my PB 74 last year but I would never forget an ace

Par. Much more work and effort goes into that. I was a kid when I got my first HOI. Sure, it was fun, but it is not an indicator of how good I am.

Par. Much more work and effort goes into that. I was a kid when I got my first HOI. Sure, it was fun, but it is not an indicator of how good I am.

That is a great point imo.
I can certainly understand those who are closer to being scratch players who on occasion can sniff a par round not seeing it as that huge of a deal since good consistent golf is played by you often enough. But when one can only imagine even getting close to that, it really is imo far greater of an achievement than a HIO. For the mid/high capper I think its enormous to be able to get through an entire round without the occasional blow-ups or self implosions that prevent us from having very good round to begin with. It is really a battle and effort to be able to do such a thing vs a HIO. That's one shot one hole vs 72 shots through 18 consistent holes which to me would offer a much greater reward feeling.

As others said, I can work and strive towards an even par round, and it's an attainable goal.

A hole in one is a great shot, along with the stars aligning just right that one time.

Give me the hole in one, but only if I'm playing with some buddies.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

A hole in one. Either would be a miracle. :act-up:

I might actually get a hole-in-one. Even par will most likely never happen.

I want that Ace.

Come close to a HIO. Never even sniffed even par. I think par would feel like much more of an accomplishment for me.

I have shot even a few times and a couple of times 1 under, but never had an HIO in the 40 years I have been playing this game.
I want an HIO !

I think id have to go HIO, even though both would be awesome. I think if you were talking to mates that don't know golf and you said you had an even par round it wouldn't really register with them the same way a HIO would. My PB is a +3 so I reckon if I put some more work in I could reach that even par one day, but getting the HIO would be a miracle.

Had 2 hole in ones but never broken par - have shot even par a few times including recently so will hopefully do it one day !

Even Par for me without question. Just more of an accomplishment than luck...although lucky is better than good sometimes.

Even Par for me without question. Just more of an accomplishment than luck...although lucky is better than good sometimes.

100% agree that hole in one's are luck. A few scratch golfers I play with have never had one in 20 plus years and they regularly stick ball within a few feet of pins.

I'm in a different place than most in this forum. Didn't start playing til I was 61, so I don't think par is realistic. Hit my irons fairly straight most of the time so maybe a HIO is a possibility. I've been with two people that made an ace and it really made their day.

Having done both, I would say hole-in-one. Watching the ball drop in the hole is an incredible feeling and the excitement you can share with the rest of the group.

I would take even par every time. That would mean my game is pretty solid and that is what I'm striving for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole in one because I am greedy. But if you want to play devils advocate, if you're shooting even par you will certainly get an ace at some point.

Hole-in-One! So few ever get one, but I know 50-60 people who have shot even or better just here where I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably have a better chance at the ACE actually happening someday, so I'll vote even par.

I'll take the Even Par round

Mine should have been yesterday. =(

If you'd been able to muster up the strength for an extra 1/2 inch of carry. Boo.

Right now, I'd take the hole-in-one. For me an even par round would be considered a fluke or unbelievable (26 stroke PB improvement?), so the HIO it is.

Back