The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Officially Morgan Cup week. One more day of being on the road for work and then its time to get everything together for this amazing weekend of golf. You know last year standing on the 18th green I remember saying this was the greatest golf event any every day golfer can experience. I'm 1000% positive that all of you will have that same feeling on Sunday afternoon. Enjoy the week guys. I know some are arriving today and tomorrow. I will see you all Weds afternoon. Its Morgan Cup week boys and girls.

Safe travels and have an absolute blast this week everyone. Cant wait to follow along and be amazed by it all. Thank you everyone.

Off to the course to squeeze in one last practice session since everything was rained out this past weekend. Then to the office for a day and a half work marathon.

These two days will fly by, and I'll be sitting in MB before I know it. Can't wait to see everybody.

I know Dean already said it. But it can never be said enough.

It's Morgan Cup Week.

Travel safely and have fun everybody. I can not wait to hear all about all the tales of the week.

The week I get even less done than usual at work; MC week.

#BestEver

Safe travels to all on the way to the MC!

Safe travels everyone!

Safe travels, guys. We are almost there.

Good luck and safe travels to everyone headed to the MC. Enjoy the journey!!

Safe travels everyone. In about 13 short hours I'll be on the road traveling down to the best weekend of my life, for multiple reasons. I can't wait to meet everyone and I really can't wait to be apart of the The Ultimate Golf Event Period! The effing MORGAN CUP!

It's hard to believe in just 36 hours I'll be on my way to MB. I am so ready for this weekend.

Last swing until MB was a 3W piped down the range. Left about 30 balls. Wasn't going to end on a better note than that.

The maintenance crew had a send off for me in the form of gas-powered blowers running the entire time. Awful nice of them. All things considered, I'm happy I was able to get another session in.

I generally like where my game is right now. Let's see what happens down in MB.

See you all really soon.

48hrs from now I will be on the road to MB to assist with the Ultimate Golf Event Period. To say I'm excited would be a huge understatement. I don't see a lot of working being done over the next couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting my body ready. Heat index of 105 today & 99% humidity today and prob tomorrow.

Looks like our leaders are on the way!

I can feel the excitement in my belly. Some nerves as well. It'll be a draining week on all fronts, but I can't wait to get this under way.

I have a full day in the office today and a half day tomorrow. Yeah, nothing is getting done.

Got a spreadsheet planning my non-competition scripting, starting to pack some of the extras, and getting even more excited. Day off tomorrow to get everything ready and hang out with the FAM, league tomorrow night, then I'm on my way east early Wednesday. The wait is almost over, it's Morgan Cup week!!!

Is it bad that my kids aren't even at school yet and I'm looking at the clock?

One and a half days of work to get through. Trip to Golf Galaxy this afternoon to pick up a few things, league tonight (which counts as hanging out with my wife as she's subbing tonight as well), then getting most of my packing done. Flight out first thing in the morning on Wednesday, then straight to True Blue.

well my friends, the time is finally come....it is, indeed, Morgan Cup Week.
and here are a few thoughts, from this timely ol' Morgan Cup vet. lol.

In both events that I've played in, I think I've seen and done near as much as I could...I have won the cup, and also came in dead last. I've won matches by 1, and lost matches by 1, as well as had to call a match and lost due to darkness. I've made putts that end matches and also failed to extend a match by about one revolution. I've played matches to 18, 17, 16 (twice), 15 and 13. I have both seen and executed some of the best and worst shots that I've ever seen, or executed. LOL. I've had as much fun on the course, as I did off it...and I wish I could go back, every day, with everyone that was there with me.

Dear MC rookies, prepare to be nervous. The most nervous that you've ever been, ever. Oh, what's that? You don't get nervous? Okay fine...just wait until your name is called at TB #1 and all the sudden you turn into Michael J. Fox trying to put your ball on the tee. But don't worry...it gets better. That crazy rush of adrenaline starts to go away as you find your comfort zone and sooner or later, it's normal, laid back golf with your buddies - AS IT SHOULD BE. Please don't be engulfed into the competition side of things. The more fun you have with your group, the better you will play. Trust me.
Make sure to take it all in while you're there as well. Not only the golf and the courses, but the experience as well. And with that, comes the pre and post golf action. Don't be afraid to make a crazy trip to Sonic or Sam's Hot Dog place. Don't avoid the villa parties cuz you don't drink or something. It's just as fun sober...ask my pregnant wife!
To sum it up, just have fun. It'll be over before you know it.
Pro-tip: Make sure to tip the bag guys.

Dear MC sophomores and 2 returning champs, prepare to be nervous. LOL. I'm not sure if those nerves go away or not! But seriously, you're embarking on another amazing journey that is the Morgan Cup. You thought you were lucky the first time? Well you're back again. It will be different. You're not the new guy anymore and there's a certain sense of responsibility to make sure that the rookies have as much fun as you do. Take some time to show them the ropes down there and assure that you're not the only ones having all the fun. Stick to your guns, but make sure to enjoy what you didn't the first time around...you may not have the opportunity ever again.
Pro-tip: Buy 2 cases of Shandy and share it.

Dear MC 3rd timers...you lucky bums! Wish I could be returning for a 3rd time with you guys, but I decided to have a baby instead. Have fun gentlemen. I think that all 4 of you embrace this event to its' fullest and understand what it means to be a part of it and each have played a crucial role in making it into what it is today. Good luck!
Pro-tip: Take WCBM to Sonic or brew him some coffee in the morning and he'll love you forever.

Dear MC 4th timers.... suck it Dean!
Pro-tip: Stay clear of the high grass and say hi to Nerfny for me.

Can't believe the week of the THPMC is here. Can't wait to follow along with everything. Travel safe everybody.

Dear MC 4th timers.... suck it Dean!
Pro-tip: Stay clear of the high grass and say hi to Nerfny for me.

oh man did I laugh out loud!

Back