2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their was stellar golf from so many players all tourny, that was fun to watch as much as I could. Awesome by Watson to finish strong, its impossible not to like the guy.

I do really like how this one ended with some guys stepping up and shooting great rounds to force Rory to stay in it and finish strong. There were a couple of slight breaks where this could have turned at any point today, and it made for good golf in spite of the ESPN style of coverage.

Now, how big is this major for not only Rory, but for Nike as well? After last years equipment change and lack luster results, this comes this year. Oh, and both Rors and his ex-fiancé win after the break up. Guys, take note!
I agree on all counts!

I'll have to check it when I get to my computer in the morning, but I did alright with picks.

Rory
Schwartzel
GMac
Brendon Todd (turned it around today)
Ryan Palmer (played well today too)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

4th to 3rd.... a million out again.

is it too late to change my pick to Rory? has the name been drawn yet?

is it too late to change my pick to Rory? has the name been drawn yet?
HA...even if you did, I think that's a crowded pool that the winner will be chosen from. I almost went with him, but took a shot Dustin Johnson, which was looking good until he couldn't drop a putt on Saturday or Sunday....

HA...even if you did, I think that's a crowded pool that the winner will be chosen from. I almost went with him, but took a shot Dustin Johnson, which was looking good until he couldn't drop a putt on Saturday or Sunday....

just kidding, I actually picked him, but I bet there are hundreds of us.

2014 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Oh gotcha :) nice call.

Last edited:
just kidding, I actually picked him, but I bet there are hundreds of us.
Well there at least two. I picked him as well. Good luck.

Stayed in 2nd, still less than $200k behind.

Does anyone else think ESPN kills it with the coverage compared to NBC/Golf Channel and CBS? Just so much better in my opinion. Plus, no Johnny Miller :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Their production value and how the sell the stories are light years better than everyone else. I wish they did all the majors and the big tournaments..they are so good at it.

Their production value and how the sell the stories are light years better than everyone else. I wish they did all the majors and the big tournaments..they are so good at it.

They get a little over dramatic with the re-joins. But they show more actual golf than anyone else for sure.

Well there at least two. I picked him as well. Good luck.

There's a couple of us.

I'm assuming with the Morgan Cup happening this week, it won't be happening this week. Let the anticipation build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There's a couple of us.

I'm assuming with the Morgan Cup happening this week, it won't be happening this week. Let the anticipation build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just hope this beauty gets shipped to Canada :D

Viewership down 28% from last year. Pretty shocking considering Rory has been labeled the next great one and is very likable yet could not generate more interest.

Viewership down 28% from last year. Pretty shocking considering Rory has been labeled the next great one and is very likable yet could not generate more interest.
Wow. I wouldn't have guessed that.

So, Tiger finishes a tournament (his worst four round total @ The Open), Tom Watson looks like a lock to be the first ever to shoot his age in a major, Phil looks to be un-funking himself, the too 25 finishers all shoot par or better on Sunday ( I believe 22 or 23 shot in the 60's), Sergio only choked on one shot AND didn't whine, Rickie Fowler-18 in the majors this year... 'nuff said, and Rory plays absolutely brilliantly to take #3 of the career slam. Look back the past several years, The Open has been the best major period! I loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a beautiful bag. I wish my game look as good! Thanks THP for the opportunity.

I was on the road for the entire Open - missed the whole thing except few mins seeing on at the Gettysburg McDonalds (Tiger)..........guess I didn't really miss much. Congrats to the winner of the beautiful Callaway staff bag. I'm enjoying mine that I won from the US Open.....not using it - but I have it on display at home in a corner w/ some Masters prints, US Open print, etc.

Wondering how many of us took Rory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back