Creative or Straight forward; what kind of player are you?

I think just about everyone would be straight forward unless forced into creativity on certain scenarios (trees, wedges around the greens, etc.)

I don't have the game to get cute, so I try to play as straightforward as possible. Granted, I don't have the game to stay in the fairway, so sometimes I have to get creative and it works sometimes and not so much other times.

Unfortunately, creative isn't really something I have in the bag yet. I used to hit a fade, but only because I wasn't swinging properly. Now that I've learned to hit a draw, I have a hard time hitting a fade (except with the driver, but again - that's unintentional). My goal is to eventually control the ball and learn to make it do what I want on any given shot.

I guess I could be creative on short game shots to an extent, but I try to stick with a routine. If it's close to the green (like < 5 yards), I usually do a small chip with a putting like stroke, and grab the iron that I think I'll need for the amount of rollout distance to cover (9i, 8i, etc). Anything over 5 yards and I typically try to use the bounce of the club (60* most often with high bounce) and do more of a pitch type shot to get the ball in the air so that it lands close to the pin with minimal rollout. The further out I get I'll switch to my 56* and then 50*. I'll also go with the 50* if I'm closer but in a tight lie because it has much less bounce.

Back