Longest par 5+ you've ever played?

Longest I've played was Erin Hills #18. Played from the greens at 620 yards. The red, white, blue, and black tees come in at 506/539/637/660, respectively. The most exciting part is they have room to back it up even more when the US Open comes in 2017. The hole also has an amazing view as you head back towards the clubhouse and Holy Hill.

Oddly, it was one of only 2 holes that I managed to birdie when I played there, granted it had to be a chip in...

For me it's probably The Harvester here in Iowa. 600 yards and going uphill at about a 15* angle the entire length. So it likely legitimately plays 700-750 yards.

Number 1 on the now closed Wake Forest Country club just north of Raleigh. Played at 710 yards from the tips. Believe at one point in time it was the longest par 5 out there as the course opened in the 60's or 70's.

653yds at the course I live at, longest par 5 in NV usually plays into the wind. From the mens tees it is 615yds which is still a distance when the wind is blowing. Driver on tee, some sort of 4-7 iron depending if the wind is into you, none or behind to the layup area in front of the lake, then either 8-PW to the green. if you are long you have to chip back onto a sloping green that is very quick that runs into the lake so most people will just putt out of the rough if only in a yard or two. If you are in the back bunkers it is probably the hardest shot on the course you will have and have watched people play their bunker shot out to the rough sideways so they can then chip onto the green as the bunker shot is so hard to stop on the green without it rolling off into the lake.

The longest for me was a 604 yard Par 6 hole at the original Tansi Village course in Crossville, TN. It has since been removed during a course redesign. Beautiful hole! Double dog leg with a slightly elevated green. Only a few sand traps along the way. Very fun at the time. Haven't played another one since anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a 549meter one regularly. That's about 600 yards I'm guessing. Might not seem long, but it sure isn't reachable in 2, even for long(er) hitters. It would need at least a 330 yard drive and then another 260-ish shot...

Rancho Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage, on the West 9, the 3rd hole is 645 from blue, 570 from white. It's somewhat narrow, playing along the bottom of one of those washes that you find in the Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage/Palm Desert area, with a defined culvert down the middle, and a bank to the right.

The green complex is elevated at the end. To be honest, it's a pretty stupid hole to be that long, with nothing redeeming in the architecture.

The longest I know is #2 at my home course, Ironbridge. It plays 630+ from the tips and is consistently into the wind. I'm a .pretty long hitter and I'm still driver, 1h, and wedge to hit the green. It's not terribly a tough hole, although you must hit a decent drive to have a chance. Plays very links style with a rolling, undulating fairway and only 1 small trap guarding an elevated green.

I've played quiet a few 600+ but don't remember most of them. Courses that off-hand I do remember with 600+ holes for me are: The Republic in Texas, Branson Creek in Missouri, The Harvester in Iowa, and Old Works in Montana. All good courses. I don't play the tips anymore so probably no more 600+ holes for me.

I'm in full agreement with Sleuth about the Harvester, that hole plays a lot longer than the yardage. It is a dandy course if anyone is in the middle of Iowa looking to play.

Erskine golf course ( south bend indiana ) 10 th hole 631 yard par 5 / par 6 ladies . A real bear real bear . Was reported one local long hitter hit it in 2 . But just a rumor .. Literally can't miss a shot on this hole , narrow and a intentional split in the fairway if super deep rough occurs at the 200 yard marker all the way to 170 out . 30 yards of heavy rough bisects the tree lined fairway .

It is weird old old old course . Front 9 very short , back 9 is very very long . All par 3's are 220 to 250 with small greens . A par 70!, but tough task to shoot par here

Crosswater in Bend Oregon. 687 from the tips. Form their website:

“Endless” is a perfect name for one of the longest par fives you will ever play. With a lake down the entire left side and bunkering and trees to the right, this is a very demanding hole. Hit it long and straight a couple of times and you will be left with a short iron into the smallest green on the course, guarded by bunkers and water to the left. Good luck!

I've played this course 4 times. I may have parred it once.

663 off the back tee's at Plantation in Hawaii - Driver, 3 Wood, 9 Iron and 1 putt - super stoked as it was into a slight wind (anyone who has played here knows a slight wind is still a nasty wind) - great to knock this bugger off

While I don't know the exact yardage, it would be around 560 to 570 yards. However, Par 5 was what was reflected on the card. Personally, for me, it was a Par 6. A Par 5 for me is any hole over 400 yards.

The 3rd at my local club Oxford Greens is the longest hole in Connecticut I believe; a 630 yard uphill, tree-lined monster from the championship tees. From the blues it's still a very tough 572 yards. I always seem to shoot even par or better on the first two holes before the aptly named "Scoundrel" finds a way to disrupt my round in a big way.

703 at Chapel Hill Golf Course in mchenry illinois by my house. Crazy tough hole......

From The HTC One Blue!

Meadow Farms golf course in Virginia has a par 6 that is 841 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

18th at Sevillano Links north of Sacramento has a 686 yard par 5. That's the longest par 5 that comes to mind for me. There was another tee box back I think that was 707 lol

600 the 10th at Roddy Ranch it plays down hill with a pond on the left side and back up hill to a elevated green

I played there a few times a year when living in the Bay Area and I only hit driver there a couple of times. I was just trying to try to keep it from running through the fairway on a line that I didn't have to challenge the water. So that added a few yards! Always struggled on that hole

The Gallery, AZ. north course #9 725 yards from the tips.

It's long and tough with a 2 tiered green and water. Only savior is it's slightly downhill.

Haven't played The Pines at The International but I heard the green itself is a 100yds long. Two longest I've played.... 620 at Holden Hills in MA. Funny thing is the course is just over 6000 yds. Second is the 618 yd 18th at The Ledges in York, ME. Probably the toughest 18th hole in New England. The tee shot is a down hill 230yd carry. Then a choice needs to be made... Layup to the hazard leaving a 175-200yd uphill approach or attempt to hit over it to leave under 100 yds.

Haven't played it yet but this week I will be playing a 665 yard par 5. Should be interesting. No easy layups and a brutal green.

#16 at Blue Top Ridge. Longest hole in Iowa.

I have played a couple over 600 but that's about it, I think the first hole at True Blue was about 630-640 during last years first round of the Morgan Cup.

Hole Number 9 at Forest Park Golf Course in St. Louis, MO before the city redid the course. Just to put it in perspective, that hole is now a Par 4 and a Par 3. It was the longest Par 5 in all of Missouri before the course was redone. I cannot remember the yardage, but it was long!

Longest I've played is 620 uphill. Closest I've gotten in two is 50-60 yards. Most times 100-125.

I want to say the longest I played had to be a hair over 600. All I remember is it was Driver, 9i, 9i to get to the green.

Back