The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but we have a ton to do the next few days so if you see the van or us and we don't immediately respond, don't take it personally. We are not trying to be rude, we just have a lot to do in a short amount of time so we are on a tight schedule.

You early birds don't burn yourself out too soon now!! But I know, it is like a kid in a candy store once you arrive.

Nothing but fun enjoyable rounds.

Have a great week folks! Enjoy the golf, the experience, and each other as this will be memories for a life time. It will go by so fast and if you blink ya eyes you will miss something. I'll be rooting you all on and I hope each one of you shoots your personal best this week. Take your opponents to the woodshed and kick em in the arse! :deadhorse: Safe travels to all and be careful to your destination, while ya there, and then back home. Enjoy to the max!!! :blob:

I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but we have a ton to do the next few days so if you see the van or us and we don't immediately respond, don't take it personally. We are not trying to be rude, we just have a lot to do in a short amount of time so we are on a tight schedule.
Completely understood

Not at all...anything I can do to help it's there. Cobra/Puma has my name all over it...JK...kinda. Seriously though, anything besides the equipment.

Thank you for everything known and unknown.

I just looked at my spread sheet. You checked in alright?
Yeah work plans changed again. Headed to meet up with Castor in NMB for a round.

Big thanks to you, Josh and the rest of the volunteers, you all work tremendously hard and make the MC the grand experience that it is.

My MC week is going to be wild. Played a casual 9 this morning for my weekly league round that I'll miss Thursday. Tonight will be spent packing and spending time with my wife. Canadan had the brilliant idea that we could play tomorrow prior to leaving so we got the first tee time Tuesday. Can't wait to make the trip down and see everyone. Those traveling today please do so safely!

I sent a text to 441 wishing him good luck but I wanna support his whole team. Good luck to Team THP! This will be great to follow along

I sent a text to 441 wishing him good luck but I wanna support his whole team. Good luck to Team THP! This will be great to follow along

Well, text #1 wasnt really wishing us good luck lol

Thanks for supporting our team, its a pretty small fan club from what Im told

You sir, are awesome.

Thanks Philly, we won't let you down

Morgan Cup week?! Time to start practicing!!!!!!!

hah! Probably a late evening nine tonight, followed by a final round tomorrow morning before hitting the road with AMart. I am ready to hang out above the 18th at True Blue and take in the awesome week that is ahead of us. That is probably one of my favourite places to be, and I love that I get to share it with a lot of familiar faces and friends.

Safe travels guys. Keep the rubber side down and take your time.

Going to be packing tonight and tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone can help me with the dimensions of the trophies? I want to make sure I leave enough room on the way home.

well my friends, the time is finally come....it is, indeed, Morgan Cup Week.
and here are a few thoughts, from this timely ol' Morgan Cup vet. lol.

In both events that I've played in, I think I've seen and done near as much as I could...I have won the cup, and also came in dead last. I've won matches by 1, and lost matches by 1, as well as had to call a match and lost due to darkness. I've made putts that end matches and also failed to extend a match by about one revolution. I've played matches to 18, 17, 16 (twice), 15 and 13. I have both seen and executed some of the best and worst shots that I've ever seen, or executed. LOL. I've had as much fun on the course, as I did off it...and I wish I could go back, every day, with everyone that was there with me.

Dear MC rookies, prepare to be nervous. The most nervous that you've ever been, ever. Oh, what's that? You don't get nervous? Okay fine...just wait until your name is called at TB #1 and all the sudden you turn into Michael J. Fox trying to put your ball on the tee. But don't worry...it gets better. That crazy rush of adrenaline starts to go away as you find your comfort zone and sooner or later, it's normal, laid back golf with your buddies - AS IT SHOULD BE. Please don't be engulfed into the competition side of things. The more fun you have with your group, the better you will play. Trust me.
Make sure to take it all in while you're there as well. Not only the golf and the courses, but the experience as well. And with that, comes the pre and post golf action. Don't be afraid to make a crazy trip to Sonic or Sam's Hot Dog place. Don't avoid the villa parties cuz you don't drink or something. It's just as fun sober...ask my pregnant wife!
To sum it up, just have fun. It'll be over before you know it.
Pro-tip: Make sure to tip the bag guys.

Dear MC sophomores and 2 returning champs, prepare to be nervous. LOL. I'm not sure if those nerves go away or not! But seriously, you're embarking on another amazing journey that is the Morgan Cup. You thought you were lucky the first time? Well you're back again. It will be different. You're not the new guy anymore and there's a certain sense of responsibility to make sure that the rookies have as much fun as you do. Take some time to show them the ropes down there and assure that you're not the only ones having all the fun. Stick to your guns, but make sure to enjoy what you didn't the first time around...you may not have the opportunity ever again.
Pro-tip: Buy 2 cases of Shandy and share it.

Dear MC 3rd timers...you lucky bums! Wish I could be returning for a 3rd time with you guys, but I decided to have a baby instead. Have fun gentlemen. I think that all 4 of you embrace this event to its' fullest and understand what it means to be a part of it and each have played a crucial role in making it into what it is today. Good luck!
Pro-tip: Take WCBM to Sonic or brew him some coffee in the morning and he'll love you forever.

Dear MC 4th timers.... suck it Dean!
Pro-tip: Stay clear of the high grass and say hi to Nerfny for me.

This is such a great post!

The only thing getting me through this busy day is MC thoughts. Also, tyno wins post of the day in here, lots of truth in that thing!

a6a5ahym.jpg

The Finnisher is ready!

That wallet looks like a 24oz sirloin. Bo$$.

Can we just move time forward to Wednesday? These next 2 days are going to about kill me.

have fun guys, most of us will be living trough this thread this week

Team Paradise getting an early start. See you boys tomorrow!

Guys let's try to keep this thread to this event and the courses that are being wonderful and hosting get this event and leave talk about other courses, banter, etc for the appropriate spots.

Back