Great thread! I usually throw them into the washing machine, air dry. I will start soaking them for 1-2 days in a bucket to get them looking new again. Brush and pre-treat the stains. Thanks!

I do the exact same except for the 2 day part. I leave in for a few hours then gently scrub with a towel. Amazing how much dirt comes out.

Going to have to try this... I've got a couple white ones with some dirt marks on the bill from my hands.

My hats just get thrown in the washing machine then hung on the line to dry.

This ^^^^^ it has always worked for me. I do use the gentle cycle on the washing machine.

Any way to fix this or is it beyond hope??

ve2avyqy.jpg

on a recent trip to the USA I grabbed a hat frame from roger dunn golf shop ($3.95) - chuck the hat in that a little spray with simple green and into the dishwasher - come out great each time, great thing about the hat frame is the caps seem to hold their shape way better than when I used to put them in the front loader

Washer or dishwasher does a great job. Just need something to stuff the hat with as it drys

Any way to fix this or is it beyond hope??
That's pretty bad. I had a favorite Pebble Beach cap that was like that and I haven't gotten it out yet.

Back