MawGrip - THP Preview

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I know I'm not the only golfer who gets frustrated with wet grips on course. Whether it's because of a solid rain, wet dewy morning grass, etc, I am always priming my grips to be 'perfect' before a swing. Enter the MAWGrip. A seemingly simple solution to something that has frustrated all of us.

I was a skeptic when they arrived -- Soft neoprene seemed more like a hassle to get a golf club on, however they have built a very sturdy base that makes it incredibly easy to drive the butt end of a golf club through. Simple plastic clasps make removing from the bag easy, which is also a necessity for a tool of this nature.

From MAWGrip:

Keep Your Grips Dry !!!!

This New Product is a removable, water-resistant rain cover for your Golf Handle Grips
  • Thin Cell Neoprene
  • Bag Attachment Clasp
  • Attaches Quickly and Easily
  • Extends Life of the Grip
  • Easy to find if left behind
  • Better Golf Scores !!

I was playing a morning round of golf and hit a tee shot In the fairway. My playing partner dropped me off at my ball because he had to go look for his shot.

I took two clubs with me and I dropped one in the grass. When I picked It up, my grip was wet from the morning dew. And I said, "I wish I had a cover for my Grip."

For years I used my shirt or carried a towel to dry my wet grip, Not anymore.

Never get caught in the rain without your golf grip cover again. Use MAWGRIP!!

When it's not your turn to tee off or putt, and it's raining! Slip on the MAWGRIP, the golf club grip cover and your grip stays dry while you wait. When you're ready to go slide off the cover and grip a dry grip. "Don't slip use MAWGRIP"

In Hand Photos

20140721_201258-L.jpg

20140721_201315-L.jpg

20140721_201432-L.jpg

20140721_201421-L.jpg

20140721_201408-L.jpg

20140721_201741-L.jpg

20140721_201801-L.jpg

20140721_201959-L.jpg

For more information on the MAWGrip, visit http://MAWGrip.com/

For those who will probably ask, I think this photo offers a nice representation of how the base is built.

20140721_201801-L.jpg

As you can see, about a third of the device is round and sturdy, which is where I grabbed and drove the butt end of the iron through. It is extremely easy to take on and off, with adequate resistance.

Gripcover eh? Interesting enough from a design standpoint, it would take some time for me to get used to pulling them on and off though.

So you just swipe your grip through there before each shot and it gets them dry and tacky again?

Gripcover eh? Interesting enough from a design standpoint, it would take some time for me to get used to pulling them on and off though.

If you're anything like me, a towel always goes with me to my destination unless I am beside my bag/cart. If I replace grabbing a towel with sliding a MAWGrip onto one of my clubs, it MAY cost me an extra four seconds. It's that easy.

What we'll find out, is whether it's fully functional in wet conditions.

Now this is cool. I'd like something like this in my bag. I se three and soon there will be two

Something that can certainly come in handy. Might need to check them out if you bring then to MB this week.

Pretty snazzy looking product there. I always hate the wrapping of the grip with the towel when on the green trick.

Now this is cool. I'd like something like this in my bag. I se three and soon there will be two
Something that can certainly come in handy. Might need to check them out if you bring then to MB this week.

haha I'll bring them with me and you guys are welcome to decide for yourself whether they are functional!

This would be a great THP Store item, it would attract a ton of attention from other golfers and they would see the THP logo when we were talking with them about the MAWGrip and its benefits. I need one of these, or 5 if any of you have every played with me you know what I mean.

haha I'll bring them with me and you guys are welcome to decide for yourself whether they are functional!
Canadan, it's going to good to see you

Neat idea. I am curious as to the longevity of these. If you can get a year or so then they would good at the list price.

This looks like an incredibly useful tool to have hanging from your bag. Not a big fan of carrying towels around to wipe grips/keep them dry.

Interesting not sure i would use them but other in wetter climates might find a use for them

If you're anything like me, a towel always goes with me to my destination unless I am beside my bag/cart. If I replace grabbing a towel with sliding a MAWGrip onto one of my clubs, it MAY cost me an extra four seconds. It's that easy.

What we'll find out, is whether it's fully functional in wet conditions.

The proof will be in the pudding for sure.

So you just swipe your grip through there before each shot and it gets them dry and tacky again?

I don't believe it does that but rather keeps the grip dry if you were to set it on ground with dew, etc. Suppose it could also be placed on during the rain and you would remove it just before you get ready to play.

I'm one that carries a towel and just place it on the ground and put grips onto towel but could see where these could come in handy.

If it did this it would really have my interest

I don't believe it does that but rather keeps the grip dry if you were to set it on ground with dew, etc. Suppose it could also be placed on during the rain and you would remove it just before you get ready to play.

I'm one that carries a towel and just place it on the ground and put grips onto towel but could see where these could come in handy.

Gotcha. I agree, I'm definitely more the towel person. That or just a golf tee and balance the grip on there.

I think I would use one of these, but probably sparingly. On the grip of a wedge or a putter on early mornings it could be handy when taking a couple clubs with you. Currently just using a towel, or a ball marker/tee to keep the grip propped up off the ground.

I really like the idea behind this and I'd find it pretty usable around the greens when I bring a wedge and a putter, there's not more I hate than having a wet grip with sand on it.

Well done Dan.

I used a MAW Grip today every time I needed a wedge and putter. It's easy to slide into the club; even over a mid sized SeeMore grip. The course was very dewy today and I was happy to grab a dry grip when the time came to putt.

Very interesting idea for sure. Look forward to seeing them in action soon.

Cool idea... I just would never use it.

Interesting. My father in law has a device that was basically a cut shaft that he sticks in the ground and it has a handle that holds your club up. Uses it every time he has to chip around the green. I usually just have a towel with me and wrap it around my grip before I set it on the ground.

Back