What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club in Spring, Tx today.
The course has been re-rated and we played from the Blue Tees today playing at 6638 yards.
New #'s are Blue Tees rating 72.0 Slope 135
Had a sloppy front nine but got it together on the back side to save the round and posted a 78
41 front with 3 bogies, a triple, a birdie, and 4 pars to shoot 41
37 back with a double, a birdie, and 7 pars
This is the highest score that I have posted in the last 50+ rounds but WTH!
It will get thrown out from my postings as far as Hcp goes so I wont let it bother me.

Last edited:
had the weirdest of rounds today!

hole 1 : 335 yards par 4, hit my drive to 80 yards in fairway bunker. I then proceed to skull my wedge into the woods. chip my 4th shot , 2 putt double
hole 2 : 178 yards par 3, hook tee shot into the pond, retee, hit to 15 feet, 2 putts double
hole 3 : 394 yards par 4, push slice my drive into the woods, retee, drive into the rough left, miss the creen, chip 2 putts, triple

so now I am +7 after 3, ready to go home...

hole 4 : 500 yards par 5, good drive to 235, 9 iron to 95, wedge to 20 feet, par
hole 5 : 380 yards par 4, 4 iron, 6 iron, chip, put par
hole 6 : 325 yards par 4, 4 iron, PW to 12 feet, BIRDIE!
hole 7 : 182 yards par 3, 6 iron to fringe, chip, putt, par
hole 8 : 430 yards par 4 into the wind. driver to 200, pushed hybrid into the trees, 2 punch outs, chip, putt, double
hole 9 : 478 yards par 5, good drive to first cut left, 7 iron to 90, chunked, chip, 2 putts bogey.

so all in all, I end up with bogey golf, without a single bogey....

41 on 9. Some good stuff on a new course

Golf is maddening sometimes. Shot my PB 73 a few days ago. Next time out I shoot an 87!
That's almost an extra stroke per hole. Insane

Golf is maddening sometimes. Shot my PB 73 a few days ago. Next time out I shoot an 87!

Fun isn't it..? It's a stupid game.

Two birds tonight, along with two bogeys and a whole bunch of pars.

Had a couple small arguments with my driver and irons, but ending par par birdie is always a great confidence boost.

Two birds tonight, along with two bogeys and a whole bunch of pars.

Had a couple small arguments with my driver and irons, but ending par par birdie is always a great confidence boost.

Soooooo..... A 36?

#smileywarface

Soooooo..... A 36?

#smileywarface

It was in fact a par 36. Nothing special about this course. My friend, who is begrudgingly a member, mentioned that it was one of those courses where if you missed a little bit, you were in trouble (tree lined holes), but if you missed a lot, for the most part you were okay hahaha

I apparently need to learn how to miss a lot worse when I play there.

It was in fact a par 36. Nothing special about this course. My friend, who is begrudgingly a member, mentioned that it was one of those courses where if you missed a little bit, you were in trouble (tree lined holes), but if you missed a lot, for the most part you were okay hahaha

I apparently need to learn how to miss a lot worse when I play there.
Anywhere I would know?

I did the nearly the same! PB 73 on Friday followed by a 90 on the same course AND a tee forward on Saturday. Had a 79 on Sunday so that took some of the sting out.

82 (40-42). Used my SeeMore today. Had 6 one putts on the front. 5 of them from outside 12 feet.

76 (42-34), 27 putts, only 8 of 14 fairways but I'm killing the bio cel+, four drives 290+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anywhere I would know?

You might know it. Belwood out in Morrow. Pretty cut and dry setup. Basically every green slopes down from the back, and it's guarded by trees that are extremely tall. The more you spray, the easier it is to recover hahaha!

You might know it. Belwood out in Morrow. Pretty cut and dry setup. Basically every green slopes down from the back, and it's guarded by trees that are extremely tall. The more you spray, the easier it is to recover hahaha!
Heard of it don't think I've played it

Shot 92 today at Mauna Lani, South Course, Big Island Hawaii. Was 15 over the front. Finally started to get the hang of my rental clubs around hole 8 and was 5 over the back. Despite the ugly start, still had a blast out there. So beautiful.

WEW_3838-M.jpg

Shot a 45 +10 from the back tees. I have revised my handicap to a tough course handicap. I am about a 21 handicap on a full championship layout verses my 14 handicap that I play to from the middle tees. Enjoying the challenge of the full course round.

43/41 - 84

Started off cold off the tee. Once I settled down and started striking the ball my scores started to improve. Played the golds today which are slightly longer than the combo tees I normally play so I was happy with my results.

Went out in 36 after an awesome eagle to finish, and came back in 36 after a junky bogey on a currently being aerated hole to finish.

I'll take the even par round and run.

41/41-82. My driver was on fire today. Hit 11/14 fairways (13 with the driver). The 3 fairways I didn't hit missed by about a combined 5 yards. Easily the most accurate driving day of my life, was never once even remotely in trouble off the tee. Unfortunately my iron play was very sloppy and I had 5 3-putts. 82 was absolutely the worst score I could of had. Only had 1 double the entire round, that came when I hit it into a bunker on a par 3. Extended my streak of 11 straight bunker shots of not hitting the green. At this point, hitting into a bunker is like hitting it into water for me. I'm an absolute head case in the bunker and it's become pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back