The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

A lot of pretty bags right there. Guarantee you 8 Callaway guys were trying to figure out if that was their bag or not being showcased.

I may or may not have been looking.

(I think my bag was in the second row, btw -- Alpha HC with 2 Bertha FWs. If we're keeping track of things like that...)

Awesome picture. Great post Amol, you will be missed this year!

Sing this little melody...It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

anyje4ap.jpg

Love this. JB, I can just hear the joy that this event brings you, on top of all of the work. This is your baby, and we will give her a proper showing 1 last time. Thank you for this event, and everything else you do.

A lot of pretty bags right there. Guarantee you 8 Callaway guys were trying to figure out if that was their bag or not being showcased.

Pretty sure second one in is mine based upon driver/hybo combos. ..... That being said Mojo almost drove off the road when I told him there was Bstone bags behind there!

Wow...it's hard to look past those awesome Callaway Staff bags, however my eyes were drawn straight to those Bridgestone head covers.

Tons of work still left to go. Were can we have the food and refreshments delivered to JB? I'm sure the offer will be deflected, but it was worth the try!

Thanks again

Great post, Ary.

I have posted it before, but have to again... JB is the King of the Teaser post...

Jeeze Trevor, don't kill the guy. I want both of you guys down there!!! Tell MOJO to not pick up any strangers at CVS LOL....
Pretty sure second one in is mine based upon driver/hybo combos. ..... That being said Mojo almost drove off the road when I told him there was Bstone bags behind there!

So I was going to try to write an eloquent post about the Morgan Cup and give some advice to this year's players, and then tyno and Puttin4Bird knocked it out of the park with their posts yesterday and I don't think I can add much more than those 2 guys said. But this event is awesome, it was my golfing highlight for the past 3 summers. In particular, I'll never forget the 3 days last summer, it was the best golfing experience I've ever had. I know that this is a different Morgan Cup (and perhaps the last one) and some might not want to hear advice from a "vet", but here goes:

*Sometime during this week, take some time to thank your family and support system, even if they are not with you in Pawley's Island. They have been the ones that have allowed you to put in all of the preparation and focus on this event, and it will make them feel better if you acknowledge them, especially if they had to sacrifice for your golf game. Trust me on this one, it goes a long way.

*Harry Arnett said something to this effect prior to the Grandaddy, but it holds true in this event as well: don't be a jerk. Everyone will be all smiles on Thursday and Friday with everyone meeting up with one another and getting to see their new equipment, but the competition days are a different animal and can bring out the best or worst in people. You are a staff professional for these companies and you should act like that on the course, and treat your opponent the way that you would want to be treated on the course. No one wants to lose, and I understand the frustration that can come with that, but you should be able to take off your hat at the end of every match and you and your opponent should be able to say to each other "That was fun, let's do it again sometime."

*Start hydrating very early this week, and don't stop at all throughout the weekend. The humidity in South Carolina in July is no joke, even for someone like myself that grew up there. I had some symptoms of heat exhaustion during the afternoon round last year and it took me a good 2-3 hours after that round to fully recover, I don't want anyone this year to be in that situation.

*In the team matches, be honest with your partner and yourself about your game. Don't try to play a game that you're not comfortable with or do something just because your partner recommended it. For example, last year at #8 on Caledonia, Puttin4Bird set me up in the fairway on that par 5 with a good chance to reach the green in 2, but I just didn't like the angle of the shot or my chances to carry the water in front. I told him that right when we got to the ball, and chose to lay up. It was alternate shot, and he hit our 3rd shot to 8 feet, I rolled in the birdie putt to win the hole. If you and your partner play to each of your strengths, you will have success.

*Finally, don't forget how lucky you are, and enjoy the hell out of every moment. At the courses, people will know that you are there for the Morgan Cup. Other players on the range will stare at your staff bag. The local media will probably be there to check the event out. Soak all of that in and realize that very few people have been in your shoes. Off the course, enjoy that you are surrounded by 39 other golf geeks that are just as excited as you are to play in this event, and that if you choose to do so, you'll make some really good friends this weekend that will have your back in any situation down the line. For the first timers, I hope that at the end of this weekend, you'll realize that what Tadashi70 said last year at the trophy ceremony makes sense (and I'm paraphrasing): "For some people, it's a website, but for the people here, it's a family."

Like tyno, I wish I could have been down there, but silly babies get in the way. :alien: Go out there and hit some great shots and make some memories that will last a lifetime.

So much truth in this post and great advice. I love hearing from the veterans of this event. You have been a large part of making this event what it is and making me want to be part of it. Thanks for posting and I'm hoping I can continue the great legacy you guys have created.

And now we start again.

a9ahapem.jpg

Just tried to turn my head upside down to figure out what company was in that box.

Just tried to turn my head upside down to figure out what company was in that box.

I did the same, and I am pretty sure JB cut the company name from the pic on purpose

And now we start again.

a9ahapem.jpg

Good Lord man, y'all are going non stop.

I think I speak for all the MCers when I say Thanks to you guys for making this a special event. The addition of Staff Sponsor day is a huge undertaking for you guys in place of the way it has been done in the past, and the efforts you and Morgan are doing is phenomenal.

The Callaway staff bags are mesmerizing and a sight to behold. If they were mine I wouldn't be able to play, I'd just be staring at my bag and clubs in a trance.

There is so much Awesomeness today in this thread . I hope you all have the times of your life this weekend !

Pics of the bags... Unreal!

Based off weight, I'm guessing Cobra Bio :D

How many have kilogram stuff on their boxes?

Also, what on earth could be in those smaller boxes?

Based off weight, I'm guessing Cobra Bio :D

Or something from a certain group of staffers that hasn't been revealed yet. Lordy Lordy.

I will be headed to the range at Caledonia and True Blue, but something tells me they will look a little different today then it will on Friday.

Well it is a 2014 Tour Bag...
Just a guess for fun... Just did a quick Google search of the missing companies' tour bags and it was the only one I saw at that weight.

Cannot wait to follow this! Pics of the bags, its getting freaking REAL!

More boxes I likey!!!!! :)

Just a guess for fun... Just did a quick Google search of the missing companies' tour bags and it was the only one I saw at that weight.

To be fair, no one knows what the mystery stuff weighs because you just can't find it anywhere.

Back