Leupold PinCaddie - Laser Range Finder

MrTitleist

Reaction score
Handicap
6ish
Has one ever used one of these? From the reviews that I've read, it seems to be pretty good for what I'm looking for (Accuracy and Value are the two most important things) but I want to know if there are any negatives.

Thanks!

Don't know if this helps but I have been using a GX-1 for years, can't wear it out so I can get a new one. :smile: They did replace it for free once even though it had been out of warranty for over a year. Good customer service if that is a concern.

Don't know if this helps but I have been using a GX-1 for years, can't wear it out so I can get a new one. :smile: They did replace it for free once even though it had been out of warranty for over a year. Good customer service if that is a concern.
That's good to know. Thanks!

I'm in the market for a Range Finder and came across this today. Cant find a bad thing about it, but wonder if anyone knows about the display? Is it red like other leupold rangefinders? If so this may be the way to go... I was considering a kickbutt rangefinder till I came across this and thought the "name" brand might be a better choice if the display is better.

Thoughts?

Bushnell uses a red display on some of their devices as well. Lots of reviews on them on THP.

I have a red display on the GX3. It's a fine peice of equipment. If you offered me a Bushnell V2 I'd probably take it over the Leupold though. Seems to catch the target easier. It's been very durable though.

I'd love a Bushnell, but with cost being a factor I have been looking at less expensive options for now. I played with a guy last week who had a leupold model and the display was nice, but he told me he spent $500 on it. Yikes. Then I came across this model today and thought maybe someone had more information.

I agree with Hawk.

The optics in my Leupold were better than my Bushnell but I struggled to capture the flag with it. If you play courses where the sticks have prisms I think the Leuopold would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Leupold 3i2 earlier this year. One of my golfing pals has the Bushnell. He tried mine on one hole, and all he said was "Wow"! It picks up the target faster than his Bushnell.
I think that the only PinCaddie downside feature is that it doesn't work well over 250 yds. May want to check into that.

I have the GX-1i, and it totally rocks. I can pick up pretty much any pin inside of 200 yards within a few seconds now after getting used to it. Like Spivey said, outside of 250 it starts to get tough to be steady enough to pick up the pin, but let's be honest, how many of us really need to know a distance that precise at that kind of distance? I will say I've used it to shoot doglegs and hazards at 300+ yards, and haven't had a problem.

Has one ever used one of these? From the reviews that I've read, it seems to be pretty good for what I'm looking for (Accuracy and Value are the two most important things) but I want to know if there are any negatives.

Thanks!

Had the Gx-1 and liked it so much (ok am a tech junkie) I bought the GX3-i....it is hyper quick,, and very accurate (to the decimal place) really enjoy the size of the GX-3i fits nicely in back pocket (I like to walk)...

Back