Cjgolf25

Reaction score
Handicap
Wanted feedback on this topic. I have started realizing that I have a grip issue with my right hand in the sense that I have a loose grip. The club feels like it moves in my right hand. I don't even realize I do it and it just doesn't feel right when I swing. It feels like my right hand is coming off the club. I will tend to grip a little hard to compensate but I still tend to get the club moving a little in my hand. Left hand feels great the whole time it's just my right hand. I know a bunch here like to build up there grip in one hand, so I have been thinking about doing this myself. I play golf pride multi compound standard with one wrap. Also my usual miss is right of my target. Is building the grip in one hand a good idea for this problem or do I need to go a different route?

I don't know if building up one hand will stop the sensation you are feeling you might need a bigger grip or a more tacky one

Honestly, they only way you'll be able to know is by trying it, I build up my grips more under my right hand to balance the taper out more but its strictly personal preference.

Definitely try it, it can't be too much worse a feeling to have some build up there. If you don't do your grips yourself, ask your club builder to put 3 extra wraps under the right hand to make the grip more parallel feeling. You may also try a parallel grip vs the typical taper with the build up.

As far as tinkering goes, this would be a cheap test that is easily fixable if you don't like it. It would only cost you the expense of one or two grips. Try it on one club, and if you don't like it, you can switch back. The whole process would be less than $10.

Thanks! Yeah i do my own grips but Im in the market of getting some KBS hi revs for my wedges and im getting them installed at a pro shop so im just letting them do the grips as well. Probably have them give me a build up on my right hand of 2 or 3 wraps to see how it feels.

I typically go +2 under my right hand if I want a virtually no taper grip. My norm with my old GP NDMC was +5 under left and +7 under right. At the moment I am playing REL 3gen ace and just using +2 under both to see how it goes. Taking some time to get used to it, but the tackier grips help with the smaller feel.

Back