Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

The head designs are fantastic, the insert is really good. Too bad you didn't get to roll it in its true balance form, would have been interested to hear your thoughts then.

I am disappointed about that. But it is what it is. The head is still very heavy even with the SS Ultra Slim. I do find the amount of vibration on off center strikes interesting.

I am disappointed about that. But it is what it is. The head is still very heavy even with the SS Ultra Slim. I do find the amount of vibration on off center strikes interesting.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I know what you would have thought about it, it would have been eerily similar to what I have seen. The SS with the fiberglass shaft is interesting for sure, post MC I think mine will def be getting the steel shaft treatment.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure I know what you would have thought about it, it would have been eerily similar to what I have seen. The SS with the fiberglass shaft is interesting for sure, post MC I think mine will def be getting the steel shaft treatment.

From the brief time I had with the true balance setup, the combination of the pool toy grip and head hefty made the stroke feel very labor intensive.

With the SS, the putter feels like a heavy headed putter.

From the brief time I had with the true balance setup, the combination of the pool toy grip and head hefty made the stroke feel very labor intensive.

Yeah, that's basically what I see with it. I know I'm in the vast minority in here, but I feel like I'm having to work way too much instead of just letting the putter work, mainly from distance, 5 and in its money, but from deep its just not a comfortable situation for me.

Yeah, that's basically what I see with it. I know I'm in the vast minority in here, but I feel like I'm having to work way too much instead of just letting the putter work, mainly from distance, 5 and in its money, but from deep its just not a comfortable situation for me.

You and I love the feel of a counterbalanced putter. I feel like I wouldn't love the true balance set up

Interesting thoughts, and I'd be curious how this would feel with a 2.0 grip which is actually 15g lighter. You are my test case to see if I stick with the stock grip or toss a super stroke on it.

This should have a black grip option.
My putting over all has improved a ton with this putter. Super confident on putts inside 10 feet.

Interesting thoughts, and I'd be curious how this would feel with a 2.0 grip which is actually 15g lighter. You are my test case to see if I stick with the stock grip or toss a super stroke on it.

If Bridgestone made the grips available for purchase, I would throw one back on just for the sake of tickling a curiosity

If Bridgestone made the grips available for purchase, I would throw one back on just for the sake of tickling a curiosity

Might want to contact them. I know Mojo got a smaller grip from them to put on his putter, not sure about specifics though.

Contact them, they were very helpful and even sent instructions for removal and installation.

JM

I saw IceyShanks get a response on twitter the same day we were all posting about it. How did you reach out to them?

You could try the chat function on their site for some help as well. They have always been responsive. Maybe it just got missed or something.

JM

I saw IceyShanks get a response on twitter the same day we were all posting about it. How did you reach out to them?

You could try the chat function on their site for some help as well. They have always been responsive. Maybe it just got missed or something.

JM
Got in.contact. I can purchase one from my local ball dealer. Still yellow though. .

Having now had this putter for awhile I can confidently say that I've been putting as well as I have in forever. Rarely do I have any three putts as distance control is great once I got comfortable with the putter. Putter is very easy to align so that putts that miss are burning edges instead of missing by a few inches to either side. Personally I don't think the grip feels soft or spongy. For me it has led to less grip pressure because it doesn't feel spongy. The yellow grip does show grime but a little soap and water and soft towel or microfiber rag (per the people at Bridgestone) and it cleans up like new. My putting has been the only thing worthy of joy in what has so far been a lost golf season for me due to the fact that the rest of my game blows hot hole.

So why is it so much easier to line up vs your old putter. What does the insert feel like vs your old putter?
Having now had this putter for awhile I can confidently say that I've been putting as well as I have in forever. Rarely do I have any three putts as distance control is great once I got comfortable with the putter. Putter is very easy to align so that putts that miss are burning edges instead of missing by a few inches to either side. Personally I don't think the grip feels soft or spongy. For me it has led to less grip pressure because it doesn't feel spongy. The yellow grip does show grime but a little soap and water and soft towel or microfiber rag (per the people at Bridgestone) and it cleans up like new. My putting has been the only thing worthy of joy in what has so far been a lost golf season for me due to the fact that the rest of my game blows hot hole.

We had one of these in the shop and to be honest I gave it a chuckle. Just the idea of a putter standing up on it's own, etc. Well the putter was gone a couple of weeks later...

I've played with a buddy of mine in our club's season long member/member tournament (like a NCAA bracket) for the past 6 years. He's always been a poor putter and will openly admit it. Well I showed up for our first match this year and low and behold... the b'stone was in his bag.

Well, I've never seen him putt better and his stroked really looked good with it. He's honeymooning I'm sure, but boy did it perform for him.

I didn't give these a fair shake... Proved wrong for sure! At least in his hands.

We had one of these in the shop and to be honest I gave it a chuckle. Just the idea of a putter standing up on it's own, etc. Well the putter was gone a couple of weeks later...

I've played with a buddy of mine in our club's season long member/member tournament (like a NCAA bracket) for the past 6 years. He's always been a poor putter and will openly admit it. Well I showed up for our first match this year and low and behold... the b'stone was in his bag.

Well, I've never seen him putt better and his stroked really looked good with it. He's honeymooning I'm sure, but boy did it perform for him.

I didn't give these a fair shake... Proved wrong for sure! At least in his hands.
No honey moon here. This thing has improved my putting hands down. Once you get over the feel of the grip. I can honestly day I've went from a notoriously poor putter to the best out of my 8 buddies I routinely play with even they have commented.

It's that Good this tech works.

Any updates on this blu? I've now got two true balance putters and toying with throwing a ss 2.0 in one of them, but wanted to see how your trial was going. I like the putter and was rolling it pretty well this weekend, but the grip gets beat up fairly easy and long putts are harder to judge the distance.

Any updates on this blu? I've now got two true balance putters and toying with throwing a ss 2.0 in one of them, but wanted to see how your trial was going. I like the putter and was rolling it pretty well this weekend, but the grip gets beat up fairly easy and long putts are harder to judge the distance.

I really like everything about the putter with the SS on it. In all fairness to the True Balance I went back to my DB4 the last few times out. I have been in a rut lately putting and I need to go back to what I know works. And unfortunately for the awesome threads on them, what has worked best this season is not the Bridgestone or Seemore. Which is mind bottling.

I really like everything about the putter with the SS on it. In all fairness to the True Balance I went back to my DB4 the last few times out. I have been in a rut lately putting and I need to go back to what I know works. And unfortunately for the awesome threads on them, what has worked best this season is not the Bridgestone or Seemore. Which is mind bottling.
You putting best with a cameron I knew it.

You putting best with a cameron I knew it.

Haha. I guess that would be more shocking than a counterbalanced ping mallet

I will have a review up on the TD-03, which I rolled in the Morgan Cup, in the next few days. I had concerns switching from the TD-01, but ended up falling in love with the blade. The putts were dropping from all over the green!

I gave Nebgolfer's a few rolls while down in MB. I didn't try any lag putts, but I was surprised at the distance control on short/mid length putts that I took with it. Picking it up by the head on the side of greens was really strange the first few times. The grip didn't bother me at all, though I can see how it would get dirty pretty quick.

Back