Countdown to The Gauntlet

Love seeing this!!! Very cool to get the insight from those of you that have played out there.

Thanks for these guys, it helps to have people who have played these before. Mostly I am guessing proper direction over distance is key

and its out of bounds! I was about 2 feet from being OB after a pull hook off the 1st tee.
At least you made it down range. Some of us did not.

Pro tip: Don't top your drive off of Arthur Hills #1 like I did

Yep. There were a few of us. I think mine went about 25yds.

Only 51 days left till the Gauntlet. Here is hole #4 of the Hills course

If you can play a little draw past the tall pine off the tee you are in good shape but don't be left of the fairway as there is nothing but trouble and OB over there. There is plenty room to the right with this being right next to the 7th fairway. There are some dune mounds between the two fairways that could give an awkward lie but you'll have a shot at the green. I had maybe my best tee shot of the day here but I can't remember what I actually shot on the hole.

I was in those mounds on the right. The rough was a bit thicker in spots there due to the way the mounds effect the mower. I found a lie that wasn't so great.

Green here slopes back to front if memory serves. (edit: This is incorrect. I was thinking about the next hole)

Last edited:
Alright guys, 50 days till Gauntlet time. Here is hole #5 of the Hills course.

So I don't have much memory of this hole. I'm pretty sure it was 3 wood off the tee for me. It does kind of open up to the right side of the fairway but the approach is fairly tight with trees close by the green on both sides. I think the green slopes pretty good back to front.

Wow 50 days left...believe me it's going to fly by. #TeamRhiSupporter

Alright guys, 50 days till Gauntlet time. Here is hole #5 of the Hills course.

So I don't have much memory of this hole. I'm pretty sure it was 3 wood off the tee for me. It does kind of open up to the right side of the fairway but the approach is fairly tight with trees close by the green on both sides. I think the green slopes pretty good back to front.

Ah, you are right. this is the green that slopes back to front a good bit. I had confused it when I was talking about the previous hole with this green.

49 days left to the Gauntlet. Hole #6 on Arthur Hills.

What I remember about this hole is that if you a long hitter off the tee, you have to play a fade or take aim down the corner. If you aim down the middle off the tee and don't hit a fade, the ball will find that long grass section on the left side as I found out. It is very patchy clumps of tall grass and loose pine straw and crap in between the grass patches. Oh and it is marked as a hazard so no grounding the club either. I was able to punch out for a decent layup but I don't remember the rest. Stay out of the junk and it is a reachable par 5 with some room for error around the green except for the left side.

Played competitive rounds the past two weeks. Trying to get as many rounds in as possible to get my game prepped for this event. Want to do #TeamEthanator proud and win my matches. This one is fast approaching!

Looking forward to following this battle coming up! Now to decide what team to back... lets hear your reasons why your team is the best to support for this event!

For 48 days remaining, here is hole #7

This is one of the more wide open driving holes on the course. There is ample room to the right and the fairway opens up more on the left side than it appears from the tee. Other than that I don't remember too much about this hole.

Sunday was the 47 day mark. Here is hole #8 on the Hills course.

Think #12 at Augusta just with no front bunker. The green is angled away more than it seems in the picture and the green slopes toward the water. Watch for the grass bunkers over the green as they leave a slippery chip back toward the canal.

I remember this one, it DOES play longer than it looks. I was in the rough just above the railroad ties. I think my right foot was nearly on one when I took my stance. I 'think' I got up and down from there. Straightforward hole, just hit the right club.

46 day till the Gauntlet and we're finishing up the front nine of the Hills course.

This is a tight driving hole with OB left and palmettos right. If you are laying up don't even flirt with the pond because everything slopes down toward the water. There is room right of the green for a bailout if you go for it but coming up short will get your ball wet. I personally look forward to getting a little revenge on this hole for totally eating my lunch at the invitational.

Well, this thread isn't getting much attention right now. It's Morgan Cup week and there are 40 guys that are pretty pumped about that. Plus JB is posting all those crazy pictures of boxes and equipment, so that is getting all the attention at the moment and rightly so. That is just some mind blowing stuff going on in the Morgan Cup thread. That's going to be an awesome event this weekend. I look forward to following along.

But I know 17 other guys plus myself, not to mention our Zoo Crew captains, are pumped about the Gauntlet. Soon enough we will be center stage and I've got to keep this countdown going. Competition starts in only 45 days and we are on to the back nine of the Hills course. Here's hole #10.

For the invitational back in the spring, this hole was the beginning of the shamble where we took the best shot off the tee and each partner played their ball out from that point. Neither me or my partner had a particularly good tee shot on this hole. Actually they were both quite bad. Mine was chosen because it was actually playable. The problem was it was really only playable if you were playing #18. I just remember the problems trying to get from that side of the tree/palmetto line back to the 10th hole. I though I could hit driver and cut the corner but I pulled the drive badly. I'll be playing a little safer this next time around.

These are awesome! Thank you good sir!

Yes, thank you very much for the insight into each hole. As you said, the focus is definitely on the Morgan Cup right now for most, but we will have center stage in about a week.

Well, this thread isn't getting much attention right now. It's Morgan Cup week and there are 40 guys that are pretty pumped about that. Plus JB is posting all those crazy pictures of boxes and equipment, so that is getting all the attention at the moment and rightly so. That is just some mind blowing stuff going on in the Morgan Cup thread. That's going to be an awesome event this weekend. I look forward to following along.

But I know 17 other guys plus myself, not to mention our Zoo Crew captains, are pumped about the Gauntlet. Soon enough we will be center stage and I've got to keep this countdown going. Competition starts in only 45 days and we are on to the back nine of the Hills course. Here's hole #10.

For the invitational back in the spring, this hole was the beginning of the shamble where we took the best shot off the tee and each partner played their ball out from that point. Neither me or my partner had a particularly good tee shot on this hole. Actually they were both quite bad. Mine was chosen because it was actually playable. The problem was it was really only playable if you were playing #18. I just remember the problems trying to get from that side of the tree/palmetto line back to the 10th hole. I though I could hit driver and cut the corner but I pulled the drive badly. I'll be playing a little safer this next time around.

Thanks for the posts! They're keeping the adrenaline pumping in preparation.

These holes look absolutely amazing, very tricky. Thanks for doing this. I am even more pumped then ever.

I, for one, really appreciate what you're doing. It will be a study reference for certain

We appreciate this wluker17! Very nice of you to share your knowledge. You can count on a post round beer from me.

Good Job partner and thanks for taking the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the feedback guys! Hopefully others will have some insight on the RTJ and Fazio courses as I haven't played those yet.

44 days left and we are on to hole #11 of Arthur Hills.

This is a fairly straight forward par 3. The tees really aren't all that elevated that it would affect club selection. The green is elevated a good bit. Short is where you would want to be if you miss. Those bunkers are deep. The green slopes back to front left.

#11....I think that is where I finally got to hit a Apex w/ a Recoil in it. That's all I remember.

Back