Legacy Is Coming To THP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This week, the 2014 Morgan Cup will take center stage on THP for the final time, as the curtain closes on this wonderful event. For 4 years, this event has truly earned its iconic slogan, The Ultimate Golf Event Period.

40 Golfers
5 Fabulous Equipment Companies
Each sponsoring 8 golfers w/ 14 club deals
All coming to Myrtle Beach to compete and put on a show

THP will always be that place where memories are born and challenges are met with creativity. For those that missed the post about this being the final Morgan Cup, it is under this spoiler.

Spoiler
The End Of An Era

We are quickly approaching an anniversary of sorts for this event. What started as a hair brained idea that was laughed at by a few in this industry has begun something so unique and so cherished that the selection process and journey is as sought after attention wise as the actual event. The birth of the Morgan Cup rose from immediate and laughable death to become one of the Iconic events in just a few short years and with each iteration has brought changes for the better and capping that off with this year's version being completely different.

The history of the event while short in tenure has been something my wife and I are incredibly proud of capping off with last year's ending that meant quite a bit to me personally as was demonstrated in the celebration video and me getting a bit emotional. Some understood it, others thought it was a bit weird, but that 90 minutes (last putt to video) was something I will never forget.

We said it was not going to be done again and it woud end on that note, but when push came to shove and I was writing up the recap, saying a tearful goodbye to something that was special for me, something happened. The honest to God truth was that while writing that up last year, we were in fact ending it. Then as I moved towards that final paragraph I had a change of heart and with the line "Eff it, let's do it again" I could feel my blood pumping with the ideas for all of the changes. It wasn't until that instant that the thought of bringing it back was considered and when the namesake saw what it meant to me, she was on board.

The signups were different, the announcements were different and of course the entire journey process was completely different...All leading to a weekend that is unlike Morgan Cup's in the past. There are some constants that do not change in an event like this, but those are what they are and don't need to be addressed. This year will cap an amazing run that started when THP had but a couple of events to now where it features about 15 including multiple grand events throughout the year.

The bonds are special. The competition is invigorating. The journey is captivating. The entire event that spawned from a handwritten outline on the back of an envelope has culminated in 40 golfers giving it their all for 3 days in Myrtle Beach at one of the finest golf courses around...Each staffed by some of the largest manufacturers in the world providing them tour level treatment unheard of anywhere else. THP started that. THP will finish that.

Since that time the events have grown, the bonds can be frequent and with each new launch, the trepedation is similar and each time it is shown how special a they are. I know some will immediately think of sadness or disappointment, but I assure everybody, do not feel that way, as THP has shown, it's where creativity and unique are born. This event will always hold a special place in my heart and I know that this one in particular will cap it off in grand fashion the way few could do. It will be a special weekend in less than two weeks and the memories created will last forever.

I offer you a round of applause for completing this special event in the way it was done. All of you deserve what is coming and each of you did it in your own way. The way it was supposed to be...Has always been your own way...Not someone elses. I wish you a final good luck on your journey and think you are in for a real treat full of wonderful golf, great equipment and amazing company. Good luck everybody, The Ultimate Golf Event Period is here!

Today, we will leave you with one quick phrase...
Legacy Is Coming...Be Ready For The Ride

Both a sad day and a glorious day because I know THP has something up their sleeve!

Last edited:
Outstanding. I can't wait to see what this is going to be!! Will it be another iteration of the Morgan Cup or something else altogether? Whatever it will be, it will be incredible.

Legacy....... Hmmmm as if I needed more stuff to ponder! Sooooooo many possibilities with that..... And I am ready for that ride.

Um.... Say what?

Yup, that sounds like it could be something pretty cool.

Can't wait to learn more!

I want to be apart of this legacy.

Bring it!

Bummed that it's the final #THPMC, and makes me regret some not trying to make it happen. BUT boy oh boy am I curious about Legacy!

2015 is going to be action packed. There isn't a doubt in mind. I know of a few rumblings that should leave people pretty pumped up. So, as much as it pains people to the MC go - I think you're in for a huge treat thanks to what it spawned.

if there is one thing I learned about THP, is that they wouldnt "kill" an event if they didnt have something(s) better to replace it

#ultimateultimateultimate?

The possibilities are endless!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty crazy spoiler right there. Going to be a great weekend and a great end to the last four years, but THP knows how to bring it! Can't wait to find out what Legacy is, I will be ready for the ride.

Very sorry to see the MC go as I never got to participate, but I'm sure Legacy will be an amazing event....whatever it is.

2015 is going to be action packed. There isn't a doubt in mind. I know of a few rumblings that should leave people pretty pumped up. So, as much as it pains people to the MC go - I think you're in for a huge treat thanks to what it spawned.

#teaserapproved

Man, even in the midst of unpacking pallets worth of equipment, JB is dropping teaser bombs.

I can't wait to see what this could mean.

THP has always been willing to try things, acknowledge when they can be improved, understand when they have run their course, and somehow manage to top things that were thought to be unbeatable. I have no doubt that whatever "Legacy" is will be incredible.

I am excited to see what this Legacy is all about.

End of an era, brings a new one. Hate to see the Morgan Cup end, but as they say "all good things must come to an end". 2014 still has so much more to offer and I know that 2015 will be another awesome year for THP!! Welcome Legacy, welcome.

Thankfully JB leaked a few details at the OC Invitational:

Spoiler

It's nice to be on the giving end of the fake spoilers
#IKnowNothing

Legacy you say???? Why yes I think I will step up and attempt to write my own THP Legacy.

Would have loved to participate in the MC but now my focus moves to #Legacy! Along with #Grandaddy #TheKing #TheGauntlet etc, lol.

A legacy is born...hmmm

Thank you Josh. I am fairly new to THP, so being able to see the recaps and videos of the MC and other events, along with the excitement of being able to participate in the upcoming Gauntlet have done wonders for my love of the game and commitment to getting better at it. Hats off to you and Morgan and the other staffers who have made this wonderful diversion to life possible.

Hate to see it come to an end but pumped about the future here at thp. Looking forward to many rounds with many hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back