what on your head when you play?

Rain or shine, it is a THP cap of some form from the 3 I have to choose from - hopefully that number will grow over time

I wear a wide brim hat 90 percent of the time unless there is a hurricane in the immediate area.

Lately it's been a Callaway 59FIFTY flatbill or a Matte Grey flatbill (I know, young guy punk). I have rocked the occasional high brim visor tho.

Fitted hat or Under Armour Coldblack golf bucket hat.

Baseball cap style or nothing.

Except for church, funerals, weddings and that sort of thing, I pretty much always have a baseball cap of some sort on.
The one I'm wearing today is a Bridgestone in digital camo with the U.S. flag on the side.

Lately, the new THP cap. Always a cap of some kind.

Sometimes nothing but that's rare. Always a baseball hat.

I'm not bald (yet?) but I shave my dome because it looks better than any alternative. I used to wear any number of standard ball cap style hats but I recently started wearing a Columbia bora bora boonie style hat and I love it. It's light and breathes well, doesn't distract me and protects a lot more of my head/face/neck. It doesn't look horrible either, I rather like the look of it after getting used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to be any number of ball caps. Bit lately with a recent skin cancer scare I've gone to a Tilley Safari style hat more often.

It may look dorky but it keeps the peace at home :)

My wife is worried about skin cancer so if I want to play golf during the summer I wear the Safari style hat she bought me. During winter I can get away with wearing a cap. Though after my wife confiscated my THP visor, I have hidden all of my THP caps (I'm not going to risk losing them too).

My wife is worried about skin cancer so if I want to play golf during the summer I wear the Safari style hat she bought me. During winter I can get away with wearing a cap. Though after my wife confiscated my THP visor, I have hidden all of my THP caps (I'm not going to risk losing them too).

As they say. Happy Wife=Happy Life. But oddly enough I guess they care enough to want to keep us around and healthy.

Have a ton of golf hats in the rotation. Just bought a Bridgestone boonie hat to help keep the sun off my face better.

Mizuno baseball cap. Im too fair-skinned to go without a hat.

Normally my THP hat but sometimes ill change it up and wear my Sir Issac Newton hat or just a Callaway or Taylormade hat. At the moment though being winter im rocking a Puma beanie.

Baseball cap, no matter the weather. Had a Nike cap but it's been recently replaced with this guy
uvabe9ep.jpg

THP hat...love the look and feel!

Usually a White New Era Fitted Callaway hat, but have quite the collection of Titleist and Puma hats I rotate through.

I get my Bubba on with a high rise PING visor.

Moved to a broad brim hat because of cancer awhile back (much too late) ... I am Lucky to have an ear ...

Many should see a pattern with some of older guys ... Broad brim / cancer ... I think baseball caps and especially visors should come with a cancer warning.

i promise my cancer is from behavior in my early years ... I am simply managing the outcome of past choices

(sorry didn't mean to preach/high jack the topic ... But honestly it is important because golfers spend 4+ hours in the sun sometimes ... And we have a choice of headwear ... Make a smart one) :act-up:

Moved to a broad brim hat because of cancer awhile back (much too late) ... I am Lucky to have an ear ...

Many should see a pattern with some of older guys ... Broad brim / cancer ... I think baseball caps and especially visors should come with a cancer warning.

i promise my cancer is from behavior in my early years ... I am simply managing the outcome of past choices

(sorry didn't mean to preach/high jack the topic ... But honestly it is important because golfers spend 4+ hours in the sun sometimes ... And we have a choice of headwear ... Make a smart one) :act-up:

Not at all reason to be sorry. I must say it is very informative just reading this thread I started. To see all the cancer posts was unexpected. Certainly a huge eye opener it has been at the very least. A bummer to hear how many have this and or are concerned with it. I knew about skin cancer of course and also the roll of the sun. Heard of it all my life but unfortunately didn't realize just how many it affects . Not to sour the thread but some great and important learning imo has come from a topic that basically meant not much to start with.

On another note, the visor I wear I have for many years is a Disney world beige visor with the Disney logo and mickey on the top and a 71 on the visor part which represents it opening year. It is my favorite of all my headwear.

Honestly, it's gotten me thinking about a bucket hat. I wear one when I'm out in the field for work, no reason not to wear one when I golf.

I shave my head, and don't think twice about wearing visors both on and off the course. I actually like them quite a bit depending on the weather.

With the recent skin cancer scares of a few of my buddies here on THP, I've thought about moving to a bucket hat, but I can't find one I like.

Baseball hat except for 3-4 holes to get some sun so I don't get a ridiculous tan usually

I am purely a bucket/safari/tactical/camo/boonie style now. Had some cancer removed last year. I now have about 5-6 different ones.

Here is today's hat. PING has something now called "sensor cool" Moisture wicking, UV protection, easy care
http://www.pingapparelshop.com/ping-performance/

This is 98% cotton. But, it is not warm/hot, like the Titleist buckets, which are 100% cotton and have very little breathability, along with being a "heavy" hat.

th_20140723_112943_zpsqijljimu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back