Should Tiger be a 2014 Ryder Cup Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm. Not sure I would go that route, and every thread has some quick posts, but I think you are looking for things that are not here. It happens to everybody as they join in on the fun at THP. They are used to ways seen at other places and assume it will be the same here.

Shrug.

Its how I see it. You don't. Happens all the time.

Shrug.

Its how I see it. You don't. Happens all the time.
That's the beauty of this community. If one does not like the direction of the thread or the topic at hand there are thousands of others to be a part of.

There are THP events to join into. Contests to be a part of and more incredible things happening every day...

I say no.....he hasn't earned it and his record in Match play events has been horrendous in the past few years. Right now his game is missing and he no long intimidates anyone.

But he longer is number 1, hasn't had a top 10 in his last 10 events or so, he's had back surgery, and he's still working on his new swing. Yep that sounds like a winning combination. But hey we don't know he could easily win The Bridgestone for like the 10th time, he could be in contention at the PGA, we don't know. But asking right now and to get any other answer than No is ridiculous.

With due respect "ridiculous" is certainly not what a yes answer is. Its debatable, and with good reason, but ridiculous? Not at all.
The biggest factor here imo is whether or not he recovers fully both physically and mentally from the surgery. If recovered , a substandard Tiger (not ailing from surgery) is one thing where you'll never know what you'll get and one can take a gamble that the better Tiger shows up. That could never be a ridiculous decision. One may not agree with it, but ridiculous? never imo. I

f however, the surgery recovery is the actual problem preventing the better Tiger from showing up is when that decision perhaps becomes much easier to make. The guy cant still be in recovery where he cant perform to standards because of it and yet still be picked. That could be an injustice imo. But if fully recovered and simply playing substandard for him (unrelated to the surgery) is another story. That gamble could never be ridiculous if one choses to make it.

I don't know when the picks have to be made. Perhaps someone can chime in on that. But even if they have to be made earlier while his recovery is still uncertain it still would be just a gamble and not ridiculous. I am sure he will get some sort of special consideration and may be even pressure for him to get picked. But hey, I think that would be the case in any sport with any superstar. Not fair at times but is what it is.

Only if he makes the team on points.

I would say yes, mainly because like him or hate him he's good for the game. With other threads and news stories on the decline of the game I think it could use a good boost. Also he certainly doesn't suck even if he hasn't won in like 9 moths.

If the decision had to be made right now, then I would say no. His body, his mind and his game are not where they needs to be.
Now, if his game turns around in the coming weeks and he plays well (doesn't even have to win), then I would say he should get the nod.
When he is on his game, he is just about invincible.

My previous posts were in the vein of picking the teams right this minute.

I say yes... Well, because, he is my favorite golfer.

I do not have a scientific reason as to why he should or shouldn't.

No. You take the guys that are playing well and playing consistent. I would leave him off.

Absolutely! So should Todd Hamilton and Ben Curtis, lol.

They should have a playoff. Pretty much guarantee he beats anyone else mentioned in singles. If only it were that easy.

They should have a playoff. Pretty much guarantee he beats anyone else mentioned in singles. If only it were that easy.

Is that what you thought when Charles Howell III beat a healthy tiger at the Match Play event?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that what you thought when Charles Howell III beat a healthy tiger at the Match Play event?

Dude you're taking this thread way too seriously.

Ease up. It was a joke.

Ease up? You get mad when I bring facts to the thread. Anyone the supports him being on the team has no good reason other than he's Tiger Woods. You said he would beat anyone in Match Play. I asked another simple question. I mean let's get serious his last Match play win was a 1 up against Richard Sterne, I mean really the guy has like 2 wins on the Euro tour in the last 4 years.

Ease up? You get mad when I bring facts to the thread. Anyone the supports him being on the team has no good reason other than he's Tiger Woods. You said he would beat anyone in Match Play. I asked another simple question. I mean let's get serious his last Match play win was a 1 up against Richard Sterne, I mean really the guy has like 2 wins on the Euro tour in the last 4 years.

No good reason?
5 wins since the last Ryder Cup
What guy out there has had that many that can be a pick?
He got hurt (as many guys do) and is getting back into the swing of it.

Wait I got mad?

What did I miss? Did I start hurling insults?

Launching personal attacks?

I'm so lost, must be the anger blinding me.

No good reason?
5 wins since the last Ryder Cup
What guy out there has had that many that can be a pick?
He got hurt (as many guys do) and is getting back into the swing of it.

This guy obviously hates TW and I can't say I blame him. But it's a losing battle.

Winning five times while he was healthy less than a year ago means nothing. Everyone else has lit it up.

I thought we could have healthy debate about it. But TW brings out the emotion in so many.

This guy obviously hates TW and I can't say I blame him. But it's a losing battle.

Winning five times while he was healthy less than a year ago means nothing. Everyone else has lit it up.
I don't hate Tiger, strongly dislike is more on par. I'm going to ask a serious question, of those 5 tournaments he won last year, how many were on a course he'd never won on? Tiger has the luxury (and he's earned it) to only play courses that set up to his eye. And other than The Players, they were all on courses he had 5+ wins on I believe. So while they are 5 wins LAST year, I'm not really all that impressed.

I don't hate Tiger, strongly dislike is more on par. I'm going to ask a serious question, of those 5 tournaments he won last year, how many were on a course he'd never won on? Tiger has the luxury (and he's earned it) to only play courses that set up to his eye. And other than The Players, they were all on courses he had 5+ wins on I believe. So while they are 5 wins LAST year, I'm not really all that impressed.

It would be no different than asking how many of those fields were loaded with the best in the world.
If he came back and won the Masters next year, would you say the same thing about courses he owns?

Ummm ok.

You realize you still have to hit the ball even at familiar tracks. Jack won many times on the same course. Steve striker. Mark omertà, Phil. It doesn't lessen the wins and that has no bearing on my opening post.

You realize you still have to hit the ball even at familiar tracks. Jack won many times on the same course. Steve striker. Mark omertà, Phil. It doesn't lessen the wins and that has no bearing on my opening post.

This cracked me up!

Typo I know but still hilarious for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back