The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Casual. I will be in golf pants and a golf shirt.

Love it. Flat brims allowed? Just kidding. #CourseOnly #NotABieberGolfer

I'm sitting here in the hotel, thinking to myself am I really in this? Will I really get to see my name on a staff bag with clubs built for me ready for competition? Looking at all the pictures, I really cannot fathom it and I'm apart of it. I'm not going to lie fellas this week/weekend is going to be a dream come true for me. Ever since researching The Morgan Cup after finding THP all I've thought about was being apart of it. I get to be a Tour Staffer for one weekend. This is truly something dreams are made of. I'm ready for it.
I feel the same way Jimmy. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think something like this could happen to me. It's going to be a special weekend for sure!

Played a fun, non scoring 18 today. Humidity ain't bad. Going to be a little worse in South Carolina.

That's it. Never thought it would get to this point, that the next time I hit a ball would be in Myrtle Beach. I never did reach that point where every shot goes right where I want to. I also learned that doesn't make me a bad golfer. I've learned I'm capable of some great golf. And some really bad golf. This has been an extraordinary journey. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity. Last night was my first really bad case of golf induced insomnia. Tonight might be worse. I'm worried, as always, that I could have done more. I know it's not realistically the case without wrecking the relationships that make golf and life good. I still have peace about my game, but that hasn't stopped the butterflies, either.

Time to lay it all out there, guys. I'll see yall down there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Sorry for the newbie question, but I've spent all day reading this ultimate thread, & I'm in awe. Does everyone that plays get to keep everything they get from their respective OEM's? Clubs, bags, balls, etc?

Absolutely!

Sorry for the newbie question, but I've spent all day reading this ultimate thread, & I'm in awe. Does everyone that plays get to keep everything they get from their respective OEM's? Clubs, bags, balls, etc?

They do. Bridgestone players though have a pretty cool perk. When the new line is released, they have the ability to trade their stuff in for the new stuff. A very jaw dropping offer by them.

attachment.php

Yes it is real!

I've just quickly ran through this thread from today. Unbelievable job JB and Morgan. I tip my cap to you guys. The work you've put in this year looks absolutely immense. I can't wait for you guys to get started on Friday with the Staff Sponsor Day. It'll be a new experience for everyone and one that I will enjoy following along with. I'm kicking myself that I did not make a larger effort to be apart of this amazing event again this year. For the guys that are going to be there and experience this, enjoy the ride these next few days. It'll go by fast, but it'll be some of the greatest days of your life. I know for me it really helped me improve not only as a golfer, but as a person in general. I look forward to seeing some smiling faces on Friday!

I play a round with Wicked Cool Bearded Man today. To say he is excited about the rest of this week is a massive understatement. He also had his penetrating fade working off of the tee, it was fun to watch.

Thank goodness the hotel I'm staying in this weekend has WiFi... I'm probably going to kill my phone quickly following all the updates on the action, and anything I miss I'll be sure to catch up on once the kids fall asleep.

Big thanks to thp for bringing in the live updates. I think that will be huge for those of you following along.

Going to pack right now. 520 am flight !

Thread of the Year !

I love going to Sonic upside down. Makes it so much better

I had a cow is wet moment tonight......

7upe2uzu.jpg

Sorry off topic but thought about my ex roomie this evening.

are you in australia?

Aaarghh...it's too much to catch up on :)

Awesome pics, and I can't wait to see you guys, played some good golf today with mmaynard, and tomorrow it's TB & Caledonia!

Anyone who wants to grab a beer tonight, send me or mmaynard a PM!

Now I'm really lost??!!!

You might want to look at your photo via web view...

I did look....it's right side up in Tappa and the web?? Oh well....stupid iPhone.

All packed! Holy carp I'm not sleeping tonight!!

Back