how do you keep a couple of water bottles ice cold?

I fill it up half way and throw it in the freezer on it's side. Then before I head out to play I fill the other half up with water from my fridge.

One more on Hydroflask - how cold do they keep your water? I'm looking for pretty icy cold, not just a little cooler than the standard bottle of water.

Am loving these ideas about freezing half a bottle of water. Have frozen a WHOLE bottle of water and it doesn't thaw fast enough!

TBH rules!

Take a highly absorbent sock...wool works, so does all cotton, and soak it in ice water. Then put your water bottle inside the sock. Then the kicker, put the whole thing somewhere where it gets as much wind as possible. On your golf bag in the back of the cart, or dangling from your bag. Provided the water in your water bottle started out very cold, the evaporation of the water in the sock will help mitigate warming of the water bottle.

Things you learn in Iraq.

I can't take the credit for this as somebody posted it in the 'Future THP Items' suggestion thread (I can't remember who it was)

The idea was to half fill a water bottle and lie it on its side in the freezer until it is frozen, then fill the rest of the bottle with cold water and it will stay colder for longer
These are the two best ideas in the thread IMO. Freezing the night before is how I've always done it, but I think I may shift to these new tactics.

You could also get a larger Ziplock bag, fill it with ice, put your drink(s) in the bag in the ice, then put all of that inside another Ziplock bag so it doesn't leak in your golf bag.

this is easy........night before....freeze a couple bottles of water....they will thaw as your round goes....I do this all the time in the summer and works wonderfully.

or you could drink cold beers from the beer cart girl. :p

My bag has a lined pocket for cold drinks and I recently got a cooler bag for my Clicgear. I would say I am set to go for a golf marathon.

I bought a little soft material cooler/lunchbox last summer....it's smaller than most of my wifes purses, has soft sides, actually looks like a purse...zips closed on top and is completely water tight. Plenty of room for 3-4 drinks and enough ice to keep them ice cold all day. Can hang by the strap on a pushcart or can fit in the cubbyhole on the dash of a golfcart. Would be very easy to keep out of plain sight pinched in between clubheads and covers on top of your bag until you get out on the course a ways if you are scared of being in trouble for BYOBing. Even when the temps are mid 90s with ridiculous humidity this thing keeps the ice icy all day.

Is there a certain kind of hydroflask for this or just any model they sell? Best place to buy one on the cheap?

One more on Hydroflask - how cold do they keep your water? I'm looking for pretty icy cold, not just a little cooler than the standard bottle of water.

Am loving these ideas about freezing half a bottle of water. Have frozen a WHOLE bottle of water and it doesn't thaw fast enough!

TBH rules!

Hydro Flask is the brand, so anything they sell will be what you're looking for. I know there are other brands out there (I think Thermos) that offer the same sort of thing. They keep them as cold as what is put in, or as close to is as possible. What I do is put a handful of ice cubes in and fill it up, then if I run out I can fill it back up on the course and most of the cubes are still there to keep it icy. With ice cubes it keeps everything quite cold, cold enough to make my teeth a little sensitive. Over time the cubes do melt but not close to as fast as they normally would in a standard bottle. I have the 18oz bottle and it fits in most cup holders which is a plus to me. They make all kinds of different sizes so I would just go what best suits you. I paid I think like $23 or something like that in a retail setting locally, so I'm not sure if you'll really be able to find a deal or anything online for much cheaper. I just did a quick search on amazon and they have a lot of them on there. They should also be available at any camping/outdoor retail shop as they are also very popular with the camping crowd.

Hydro Flask is the brand, so anything they sell will be what you're looking for. I know there are other brands out there (I think Thermos) that offer the same sort of thing. They keep them as cold as what is put in, or as close to is as possible. What I do is put a handful of ice cubes in and fill it up, then if I run out I can fill it back up on the course and most of the cubes are still there to keep it icy. With ice cubes it keeps everything quite cold, cold enough to make my teeth a little sensitive. Over time the cubes do melt but not close to as fast as they normally would in a standard bottle. I have the 18oz bottle and it fits in most cup holders which is a plus to me. They make all kinds of different sizes so I would just go what best suits you. I paid I think like $23 or something like that in a retail setting locally, so I'm not sure if you'll really be able to find a deal or anything online for much cheaper. I just did a quick search on amazon and they have a lot of them on there. They should also be available at any camping/outdoor retail shop as they are also very popular with the camping crowd.

from one Buckeye to another....go with Hydroflask. Put in some ice and water and it will stay ice cold and the ice will not melt. Best purchase I have made in a while for the course.

Buy a good water bottle (vacuum insulated). I have a hydroflask that works wonders. Throw a few ice cubes in and you're good to go for hours.

I too use a Hydro Flask, daily in fact! It keeps liquids at or near temperature for MANY HOURS (had cold water stay cold 20+ hours later)!!!

I freeze them, like others. But I also use my insulated cycling water bottles. Load those up with as much ice as possible and keep them in the fridge for an hour or two before your round if you can. They stay cold for a good couple of hours. I usually re-load with ice water at the turn and have cold water the whole round that way.

You could try buying a thermos. A good one though. A lot of them will keep things cold for around 6 to 8 hours... you could also add ice to it to keep it cold longer

Really?

I've done it quite a few times and there have never been any issues.

It would be different if there was booze in it but even then no one has asked to look in the bag.

Smalls is giving you the gospel, I have been asked to carry my cooler back to the car a few times, I now have a cooler pocket in my bag that will hold 3 bottles that I use anytime I am at a course I know (or suspect) will ask me to not use my personal cooler.

As far as the OP, I use a small cooler that will hold 5 16.9 oz. waters. I freeze one and surround that one with the other bottles, it is rare that I need more than 5 bottles in a single round.

I too use a Hydro Flask, daily in fact! It keeps liquids at or near temperature for MANY HOURS (had cold water stay cold 20+ hours later)!!!

I'm bumping this to ask a question of you Hydro Flask users: does the 40 oz fit in a golf cart drink holder? Looked at one last night and it looks pretty fat - maybe too fat to get in a golf cart?

I use the thermos type insulated one. I think it is 20 oz. It works so good I now have 3 of them.
Fill it with ice water before I leave and it still has ice in it when I'm done golfing.

They are about $20 but well worth it. A 40 oz probably doesn't fit

Might have been said before but when I know I am going to play the day or 2 before I fill a bottle or 2 with water and freeze it. It slowly melts during the round while staying ICE COLD>

get a plastic grocery bag (Target bag or whatever) fill it half way with ice and throw a few drinks in it and put it in the back basket of the golf kart. Voila! it's simple but it works. Can even double bag it if you're concerned with leaks but I did this last time at the course and filled it up there.

The Hydro Flask is the way to go. I bought the monster one that is a beer growler and I use it on the course (with water). It barely fits in the basket part of my ClicGear so I just put it in the pocket of my cart bag.

If it can keep a beer cold for 20+ hours, your water should stay perfect. Add an ice cube and lights out!

get a plastic grocery bag (Target bag or whatever) fill it half way with ice and throw a few drinks in it and put it in the back basket of the golf kart. Voila! it's simple but it works. Can even double bag it if you're concerned with leaks but I did this last time at the course and filled it up there.

I bet that works great in Michigan ;). here in TX that ice would be melted before you hit the first tee! Recently during our second round of the day, at 102*F, some of us held our hats under the drain of the beverage cart. now THAT will cool ya off. for a few minutes, anyway :D

I fill up a camelbak and freeze it and take it with me, toss it in the basket behind the seat. I will even strap it on for a couple minutes if there is a wait or for putting, and it cools me off pretty good. If it's really hot then it will get like warm by about hole 12 but it certainly performs efficiently for my purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont want to advertise anything if it's not okay to do so and I don't know if anybody has mentioned it but please try out hydroflask. I have the 40oz bottle and it keeps my water and gatorade cold for the entire round. And yes it keeps whatever cold for up to 24 hours. I found a grreat deal on Amazon.

I bet that works great in Michigan ;). here in TX that ice would be melted before you hit the first tee! Recently during our second round of the day, at 102*F, some of us held our hats under the drain of the beverage cart. now THAT will cool ya off. for a few minutes, anyway :D
lol true!!

Can't decide between 24 and 32 oz Hydro Flask. The 32 oz will fit in the golf cart drink holder (measured today) but not my car's drink holder. Does have the flip top and a wide mouth to dump ice cubes in. Thinking I'm going 32...

Can't decide between 24 and 32 oz Hydro Flask. The 32 oz will fit in the golf cart drink holder (measured today) but not my car's drink holder. Does have the flip top and a wide mouth to dump ice cubes in. Thinking I'm going 32...

Thats a great size. I went 40 oz and it's too big to fit in the cart bottle holder. Too big to fit in the front area of the cart so I end up putting it in the back area or in one of the long pockets of my bag. I'll prob end up buying the 32 oz just for that reason.

Back