Android Phone Thread

Could be, they held steady at $200 for the first 2 contracts I went through though. You could spend $1200 on a laptop though and get so much more than a phone offers is kinda my point. Most of what I do on the go, I could do with a 4 year old phone..

Could texting apps or browsers load any faster? I think not. It is still limited by wireless data speed.

Could be, they held steady at $200 for the first 2 contracts I went through though. You could spend $1200 on a laptop though and get so much more than a phone offers is kinda my point. Most of what I do on the go, I could do with a 4 year old phone..

Im with ya. The goal with this one is to replace two devices, so I get that part of it, but prices are high. Especially high with these Edge programs and such they are doing since you are paying for the phone and already paying for the subsidizing built into the contract.

With an expected screen size of 5.7" with Quad HD display, I would expect the Note 4 to be 299.00 on contract. If it was 199.00, they wouldn't be able to sell any Galaxy S5's.

Laptops have 13" quad hd screens at that price point. They'll be dumping s5 soon enough. I saw s4 last night $199. That is a 1 year old phone.

It's been 12 days since I switched from my iphone5 to the oneplus one. The first 5-6 days were a real struggle for me there were a number of things giving problems and not being familiar with android didn't help the situation....I was so angry I was ready to box it up and put it on eBay but I didn't do that even though making a few dollars on it was tempting I stuck it out and now pretty much have things figured out and working the way they should. There are some things is really miss from iOS but there are things that the 1+1 offers that I just can't get from apple so as far as those things I don't like I'll have to learn to deal with and hope future updates will give me those features that seem to be missing from android.

Overall I'd say the phone is pretty good other than a few minor glitches in the software everything is great and I love the 5.5 display!

What are some of the iPhone things you miss? Perhaps there are some apps or tweaks us Android peeps could recommend to fill the void

What are some of the iPhone things you miss? Perhaps there are some apps or tweaks us Android peeps could recommend to fill the void
One major thing I wanted was having all my email in one place but I just figured that out about 10 min ago lol so now I'm good with that.

The other things I miss are kind of trivial, I like safari better than chrome or fire fox. The back button drives me insane I liked being able to swipe things away or having the back button at the top of the screen to go back and also touching the top of the screen to automatically get back to the top of the page instead of scrolling back up.
The control panel on the iPhone was a nice feature that I can get on here with an app, its looks just like it but doesn't function like the real thing.

Also the text notifications on iOS would pop up on the screen when the phone is locked I'd like to have that feature back, idk if that is something in the settings that I'm missing or if its not possible with android.

Download handcent and use that as your primary texting app. Boom, popup notifications whenever you want.

There are also literally dozens of browsers you can experiment with. Dolphin browser would be a good place to start

Good suggestions Joe but I can't think of using anything but Hangouts for texting now so awesome IMO.

Download handcent and use that as your primary texting app. Boom, popup notifications whenever you want.

There are also literally dozens of browsers you can experiment with. Dolphin browser would be a good place to start

Dolphin is excellent for pure speed.
I like Chrome for the use on all my devices.
On certain phones, if you go into SMS, go to settings, click on more settings and scroll down there will be a Preview Message box. Make sure that is checked.

Outside of that, on the rest of the phones, there are literally hundreds of SMS programs. Handcent is a popular one.

Yeah I'm a Chrome guy too.

Never used hangouts for texting. Love the stock app on my LG g2

Thanks I'll give those a try. I've been an iPhone user since July 2007.... I have so much to learn lol

Yeah I'm a Chrome guy too.

Never used hangouts for texting. Love the stock app on my LG g2
Same here love Chrome I have it on all my devices.

The native TouchWiz texting app was horrible I couldn't stand it so I was so happy that Hangouts could serve as my texting app.

Dolphin browser scrolls to the top or goes back by use of gestures. It becomes pretty quick with regular use. All the stuff in Control Center can be had with simple swipe down from the top. The flashlight you might need to put an app on the desktop though.

Another interesting Chinese Apple rip-off might drive Samsung's markups lower. Xiaomi sold 15 million smartphones last quarter and charges less than half the price Samsung does for top of the line.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/559836/20140722/xiaomi-mi4.htm#.U86oHPldUgQ

So, the G3 has my attention.

LG has come a long way with there phones that's for sure.

Its got the removable battery and microSD slot that I liked most about the Samsung. Its going to be a tough decision here in a month or so.

I just wish they didn't jump that screen size that much.

Its got the removable battery and microSD slot that I liked most about the Samsung. Its going to be a tough decision here in a month or so.

I didn't realize the g3 had a removable battery, it's about time someone other than Samsung offer that.

I just wish they didn't jump that screen size that much.

I was the same at first, but I kinda like it a lot. Looks like ZeroLemon IS putting out a battery/case for it too.

I didn't realize the g3 had a removable battery, it's about time someone other than Samsung offer that.

I didn't realize either, its why I'd written it off honestly.

I ordered a zero lemon battery and case for my mom off Amazon. It showed up today with just the case, no battery. Extremely frustrating, there is no way to contact the vendor. Just have to return the whole item.

Back