2014 Nike Method Mod and Core - THP Review Thread

Yea there are.

Mod 60 brings out the #9 shape homer in me. Loved getting to see it in person last week. Is it me or are there a ton of good looking putters out on the market right now?

Funny you nudged this, I'm finishing up this review RIGHT NOW!

You're correct though, there are a TON of solid putters out there. I mention it in the review but its also interesting to see Nike be able to have something for everyone with these two lines, it covers the milled and insert gamut while still providing what they believe to be the benefits on roll of the Polymetal Groove tech.

Its a good time for golfers who are looking for putters, TONS of solid options.

Funny you nudged this, I'm finishing up this review RIGHT NOW!

You're correct though, there are a TON of solid putters out there. I mention it in the review but its also interesting to see Nike be able to have something for everyone with these two lines, it covers the milled and insert gamut while still providing what they believe to be the benefits on roll of the Polymetal Groove tech.

Its a good time for golfers who are looking for putters, TONS of solid options.

Had a feeling. I think you hit the nail on the head, Nike is giving a wide range of options to the consumer in both shapes and insert/milled. Looking forward to the review on them both.

Had a feeling. I think you hit the nail on the head, Nike is giving a wide range of options to the consumer in both shapes and insert/milled. Looking forward to the review on them both.

Enjoyed them both way more than I anticipated, I was not a fan of the first Method, but slight changes in the design (or in my head perhaps?) left me feeling very differently about them than before. The insert Core model was particularly intriguing.

Have any more feedback on the mod 60? Still wanting one. Not even sure how it will roll for me, but im going to get one for viewing pleasure lol.

Have any more feedback on the mod 60? Still wanting one. Not even sure how it will roll for me, but im going to get one for viewing pleasure lol.

Review should go up soon on these two. They were fun ones to put through their paces.

Nike Method Mc05w blade or mallet?

Nike Method Mc05w blade or mallet?

Isn't the Mc05w a blade on Nikes websites it says mallet design ...I'm confused....

Isn't the Mc05w a blade on Nikes websites it says mallet design ...I'm confused....

Just a typo on their website, it is a blade as shown in the pic's there and in the first post of this thread, kinda funny they missed that.

Also, welcome to THP! Hope you stick around and jump in on the discussions across the forum!

Thank you for your fast reply... THP seems to be a really nice website :D

Its an online golf community unlike any other, we pride ourselves on being accessible and welcoming!

Jman,
How does the Method Core Weighted compare to the Method Mod? Is there a difference in ball roll, feel, and sound at impact? I always wondered if the full-face insert on the Method Mod is better than the multi-material insert on the Method Core Weighted. It would seem that the Method Mod has a "speed pocket" similar to what TMAG does with the Rocketbladez/Speedblade/SLDR irons.

Jman,
How does the Method Core Weighted compare to the Method Mod? Is there a difference in ball roll, feel, and sound at impact? I always wondered if the full-face insert on the Method Mod is better than the multi-material insert on the Method Core Weighted. It would seem that the Method Mod has a "speed pocket" similar to what TMAG does with the Rocketbladez/Speedblade/SLDR irons.

I will let jman answer the question. But I will point out that putters have used slots for a very long time.

We've gone back and forth in PM a bit, hoepfully answering everything.

Worth noting, the "pocket" in the Mod has to do with how the insert is injected more than anything IIRC.

Both really solid lines. Surprisingly so.

Finally got my hands on the Method Mod 00 (thanks Sanzabar!). First facebalanced headshape with the original method tech that I've liked. I have to say, originally I thought that all of the alignment lines were too busy, but after carpet putting with it for a while I've started to like them. The roll is just as perfect as I remember from my method 001. I've been playing with the method core 11w mallet for a little this year and its definitely softer feeling than the method mod. It also sounds a bit odd to me (kind of tingy), especially when using the 20XI-X from last year. The method mod definitely has more of a click to it, which I like.

The MC11w I've been playing is a modified counterbalance putter, 400g head with a 125g 21in superstrok 1.0 grip, and I struggle a bit controlling the speed of my shorter putts on faster greens. I'm trying a semi-counterbalance with the method mod using an 85g superstroke flatso ultra and about 20g extra weight on the head (365g total weight). I'll be having a putter shootout this afternoon between the MC11w, Mod 00 and my old trusty metal-x #7. I'll be sure to update this thread with what I find out.

Finally got my hands on the Method Mod 00 (thanks Sanzabar!). First facebalanced headshape with the original method tech that I've liked. I have to say, originally I thought that all of the alignment lines were too busy, but after carpet putting with it for a while I've started to like them. The roll is just as perfect as I remember from my method 001. I've been playing with the method core 11w mallet for a little this year and its definitely softer feeling than the method mod. It also sounds a bit odd to me (kind of tingy), especially when using the 20XI-X from last year. The method mod definitely has more of a click to it, which I like.

The MC11w I've been playing is a modified counterbalance putter, 400g head with a 125g 21in superstrok 1.0 grip, and I struggle a bit controlling the speed of my shorter putts on faster greens. I'm trying a semi-counterbalance with the method mod using an 85g superstroke flatso ultra and about 20g extra weight on the head (365g total weight). I'll be having a putter shootout this afternoon between the MC11w, Mod 00 and my old trusty metal-x #7. I'll be sure to update this thread with what I find out.

Definitely keep us all updated on your thoughts man! I think you will love it.

I tried telling you that all of those alignment aids really arent bad at all.

After a pretty disastrous purchase of the Nike Drone 2.0, i sold it and purchased the Mod 60 today. Had my first round with it tonight and shot my best ever round. The putter wasn't the main difference but what a difference in confidence i had with the MOD compared to the Drone. I love the way the MOD sets up to the ball and it just suits my eye completely. I was pretty sure that i was going to rip the grip off right away and put a superstroke on it, after 1 round i actually quite like the grip. Distance control was the major difference for me between the Drone and the Mod, i just couldn't get to grips with the Drone from range at all but love the feel of the MOD so far.

Im in the honeymoon phase with it but i love it already, will try and keep you updated on my love affair soon !

Glad its working out for you Andy!

Those method mod putters still look amazing.

Glad its working out for you Andy!

Cheers Jman, i forgot to add my thanks to you for the review and comments on this thread. You made it hard to resist the immense urge for the MOD and i thank you for it. Delighted to have it in the bag. I love the understated but classy headcover as well, thought i would add that in !

I picked up a Method Mod 60 and rolled it for the first time today. I really loved it on short putts it was very easy to line up but had trouble with lag putting it seemed to be popping up in the air a bit on me. Coming from a Versa #7 the milled face is going to take a little getting used to but I think I like the heel shafted better but we will see after a couple of rounds and some time on the putting green.

I picked up a Method Mod 60 and rolled it for the first time today. I really loved it on short putts it was very easy to line up but had trouble with lag putting it seemed to be popping up in the air a bit on me. Coming from a Versa #7 the milled face is going to take a little getting used to but I think I like the heel shafted better but we will see after a couple of rounds and some time on the putting green.

I may have to steal it from you

I may have to steal it from you

I'll make sure its in the bag next time we play. I just threw a SuperStroke 2.0 I had lying around on it, hopefully I got it on straight, my first time putting a putter grip on.

I like mine! Hit a 20 footer from the fringe the other day with it.

I have completely forgotten about the MOD series. I love those high toes. Especially in Anser shapes.

Back