I don't know if he saw me or not. At the security check though I have just been taking the arty off the mod and putting them in one of the trays. No issues so far in at least 4 flights that way. Including to london... which was the easiest trip of all. I expected hassle but it was quick and painless

did they actually know what it was? or didnt care?

I flew to a THP event (liita) recently and I ask security at Detroit metro and Orlando international if it was ok to vape in the airport and was told no problem at both

I always figure it is easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission ;) At least for those who use 0 nic there is no reason to risk it. For those still addicted I would still stealth vape unless you know it is okay.

almost vented a battery today. working on the boss's boat i felt my pocket getting hot. low and behold it was firing the whole time it was in my pocket haha. smelled like burnt azz. sucker stopped working and everything. got home took it apart rebuilt it and now its working. lucky the insulator didnt melt

Waiting on my new evic delta tank to come in today or tomorrow. Thing is supposed to be a beast, my dad got his early last week. Holds 6ml and a new coil design supposed to work best on high wattage. Dad says he's been running his on 15W with the original coil for 8 days and no signs of failing yet.

The E-Cig Thread

I am considering picking up a PV. Would I be best off starting with an ego/clearomizer, or go ahead and get a VV/VW device right off the bat with something like a nautilus?

I am considering picking up a PV. Would I be best off starting with an ego/clearomizer, or go ahead and get a VV/VW device right off the bat with something like a nautilus?
is it your first set up? have you tried vaping before? depending on how much you smoke now and what your goals are factors into the equation

what bogey_russ said above is true. I would add that you could probably save yourself a bit of money and time by going straight to a variable wattage device and a nautilus. pretty much everyone who successfully quits smoking by switching to vapor ends up replacing their first setup pretty quickly. Mainly because as newbies we just don't know what will work best for us. certainly some people have managed to drop the cigs with a lesser setup... but The nautilus *should* give you an experience that is /better/ than smoking. I personally wasted a good $200-300 on Blu, ego, iclear30 tanks, and a few others before I got something that was finally good enough to get me off cigarettes 100%.

I honestly think that if you can spend $120 on your first setup, it's hard to beat an itaste MVP (v2), an Aspire Nautilus, a couple extra coils, and a bottle of really good juice. That will give you a kit that I believe will help anyone quit smoking.

The E-Cig Thread

It's kind of a long odd story. I am a complete non smoker. Never started cigs or anything. Dipped here and there. I have a buddy that wants to quit. I have done some research and suggested he try an e cig. He tried the Blu from a gas station. He didn't like em and was back on cigs in under a week.

So, I've been on him to do it again and try something different. He said "ok, if you want me to do this you're going to do it with me." So I agreed. I'm going to get me some zero nic juice and go flavor only. There's the skinny. I'm a non smoker trying to help a smoker friend out. Whichever set up I get, I assume he is going to get the same but with nic juice.

It's kind of a long odd story. I am a complete non smoker. Never started cigs or anything. Dipped here and there. I have a buddy that wants to quit. I have done some research and suggested he try an e cig. He tried the Blu from a gas station. He didn't like em and was back on cigs in under a week.

So, I've been on him to do it again and try something different. He said "ok, if you want me to do this you're going to do it with me." So I agreed. I'm going to get me some zero nic juice and go flavor only. There's the skinny. I'm a non smoker trying to help a smoker friend out. Whichever set up I get, I assume he is going to get the same but with nic juice.
that is going to be tricky. he will obviously need a more hefty set up since he is smoking and you will definitely need much less. it also depends on how much he smokes. if he's a heavy smoker you might be in trouble haha. the good thing about the nautilus is that it has adjustable airflow. since you dont smoke at all maybe you'd benefit from the airflow being at its smallest and his could be wide open. the trick might be in the e-juice. he might need to go with a nic level comparable to what he's smoking. if he's a pack a day smoker then maybe a higher pg juice with maybe 12mg nicotine or higher depending on how much throat hit he likes. you on the other hand might want a higher vg end juice with alot of flavor and obviously no nicotine

In the nautilus I would go 18 Mg nic for a pack a day smoker. 12 in something that puts out more vapor like a genny. Maybe a bit less for a dripper.

Picked up a new juice for me, last night. Kinky by Aeon. Nice watermelon, with something underneath it. I haven't quite placed my finger on it, yet. But I like it. Went out shopping for ideas for a mech. Think I'm going to finally order one - looking at the pegasus or akuma in copper. Clones of course - I'm wicked poor. Then just a new rebuildable. Not sure if I should go with a high volume dripper, like the Veritas or magma, or maybe get a Kraken. Decisions, decisions...

Picked up a new juice for me, last night. Kinky by Aeon. Nice watermelon, with something underneath it. I haven't quite placed my finger on it, yet. But I like it. Went out shopping for ideas for a mech. Think I'm going to finally order one - looking at the pegasus or akuma in copper. Clones of course - I'm wicked poor. Then just a new rebuildable. Not sure if I should go with a high volume dripper, like the Veritas or magma, or maybe get a Kraken. Decisions, decisions...
tobh or the new patriot v2 all day long.
i need a new work vape. my work mod is just about had it

as I type this I'm puffing on a kraken myself. love the genesis style attys. using my caravela copper mod with it (mech). both clones. $75 for the pair at eciggity.com, for example. I think I paid $85 locally. solid setup for not much money if you're looking to go mech. Drippers are cool too... just too much work for an all day vape for me :)

bought some royal wire. really pricey but you can get a lot of surface area for the resistance. loving it so far

as I type this I'm puffing on a kraken myself. love the genesis style attys. using my caravela copper mod with it (mech). both clones. $75 for the pair at eciggity.com, for example. I think I paid $85 locally. solid setup for not much money if you're looking to go mech. Drippers are cool too... just too much work for an all day vape for me :)
Wish I could get deals like that around here. My local shops are $60+ for any clone of a mech. The Kraken clone was $50, so I've been looking online. May get both the kraken and a new dripper, but one that holds a good amount of juice. So many sites, just don't know where to start.

Wish I could get deals like that around here. My local shops are $60+ for any clone of a mech. The Kraken clone was $50, so I've been looking online. May get both the kraken and a new dripper, but one that holds a good amount of juice. So many sites, just don't know where to start.
well, eciggity.com is a good place to start :) Here's the same kraken clone I have for $27.99:

http://www.eciggity.com/brass-kraken-clone-by-hcigar/

and the same caravela mod for $46.99:

http://www.eciggity.com/copper-caravela-clone-by-ehpro/

no clue if they actually have the stuff in stock, but it's just one example. Personally I don't order much stuff online since I have lots of good local options. But when I do, I try to find sites that are well organized and seem to be kept up to date. Not that it means a whole lot but at least it seems like if they care about keeping their site up, they are probably serious about the business. Too many flaky vape shops out there... that problem will take care of itself over the next few years though, IMO.

sorry, I honestly don't know anything about cigreen. I've had relatively good luck with HCigar clones, so I stick with them or with the real deal. Keep in mind that the clones follow the design and features of the original, but generally speaking are of lower production/construction quality. Sometimes those differences don't matter at all. Sometimes, though, they do. For example, my favorite atty is my HCigar prometheus, but the center post on it is poorly put together. So now the positive terminal loses contact with the mod quite frequently and I have to adjust it before it will work again. I think I'll be chunking my clone and getting the real deal Prometheus. On the other hand, my HCigar kraken has never given me a problem. It's kind of a crapshoot, tbh. The real deal is usually reliable, just a lot more expensive in most cases.

sorry, I honestly don't know anything about cigreen. I've had relatively good luck with HCigar clones, so I stick with them or with the real deal. Keep in mind that the clones follow the design and features of the original, but generally speaking are of lower production/construction quality. Sometimes those differences don't matter at all. Sometimes, though, they do. For example, my favorite atty is my HCigar prometheus, but the center post on it is poorly put together. So now the positive terminal loses contact with the mod quite frequently and I have to adjust it before it will work again. I think I'll be chunking my clone and getting the real deal Prometheus. On the other hand, my HCigar kraken has never given me a problem. It's kind of a crapshoot, tbh. The real deal is usually reliable, just a lot more expensive in most cases.

That's the part I have trouble with. If I can grab a mech, some batteries, a gene, some juice, a charger, and maybe something else, for the price of one mod or tank, then, I'm going the cheaper route. But I am ordering tonight, so I will hopefully have everything by next week. Anybody got a good recommendation for a place to get some batteries? I already know I'm going with VTC5s, just looking for a reliable vendor to order from.

That's the part I have trouble with. If I can grab a mech, some batteries, a gene, some juice, a charger, and maybe something else, for the price of one mod or tank, then, I'm going the cheaper route.
my thoughts exactly. altho i do want another authentic set up. just waiting for the price to drop a lil

That's the part I have trouble with. If I can grab a mech, some batteries, a gene, some juice, a charger, and maybe something else, for the price of one mod or tank, then, I'm going the cheaper route. But I am ordering tonight, so I will hopefully have everything by next week. Anybody got a good recommendation for a place to get some batteries? I already know I'm going with VTC5s, just looking for a reliable vendor to order from.

well, what did you end up ordering? inquiring minds want to know :)

well, what did you end up ordering? inquiring minds want to know :)

I haven't, yet. I've spent more time running around this weekend than I would have preferred. May not be making the order until wednesday. Spent a little more getting a cat fixed than I was expecting to. We had her in last week to get her spayed. She wouldn't leave her sutures alone, and I had to take her in friday evening to get her re-sewn. The doctor told us she was one suture away from having her insides on the outside. My kids would have been devastated.

Anyway - at that point, kitty came before vape gear. But, I'm leaning toward a vanilla clone, and still thinking on the tank. Not sure if I want another dripper, but high capacity, like the Magma, or if I want to get something like the kayfun or Taifun. I want something that I won't have to drip into on my 30 minute ride to and from work everyday. Kraken would be ideal, if I didn't run into the problem of my PV laying on it's side quite a bit.

the mailman just dropped off a box from kc720. 4 bottles of juice that didn't suit his fancy... so he sent them my way. What a gesture! Hopefully this return address is good... I might have to send the box back with some local flavors in it :D Kang, you da man!

Back