Should I switch to GI Irons?

The best thing you can do is work on your scrambling. I put some new sm5's in the bag and practice every day. Got a cheap golf mat from wal mart and just pitch different distances into a bucket in my back yard. The ability to get up and down when you do miss the green will drop your scores big time. Ive gone from a 10 to a 4 in three months just working on my short game (And playing a bb alpha which is the most amazing club I have ever used).

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

My opinion (opinion only) is play what you like. I have gone back and forth currently bounce between Tourstage XBlade cb and 588tt. They both work. I like them both.

At at the end of the day play what you get YOUR best results from.

I think its like what my dad said "never buy a car you don't like". You will never take care of it. Clubs you don't like are the same. Looks and feel are highly individual.

Play what you like no matter what it is.

...and get help to fix your swing issues. You could be hitting way better shots in 30 min or less.

Well I thought I'd give some GI irons (Cleveland MTs) a chance today and I'm just baffled. I thought these were supposed to make the game easier. I hit them the same distance if not shorter than my amp cell pros and proceeded to have the worst iron play round I've had in about 2 years. I couldn't get them out of my bag fast enough when I got home.

I recently went from a GI set of irons to an SGI set, and actually set up my whole bag to be as miss friendly as possible. Just thought I would use technology as best I could to make the game easier. The results have been good, my cap is steadily going down and I have had most of my all time low rounds recently. Some of it is figuring out something in my swing, but I also do not get as penalized for some misses on the face.

Some have said the more game improvement clubs would exaggerate a pull because of the offset. I have not found this to be the case for me, and a pull hook is my miss with irons. For me, if anything I get less hook spin and it is more of a straight pull without the additional hook spin. My biggest concern with the change was not being able to flight the ball higher or lower. That has not been a problem at all.

In reality, the only way to assess it is do some side by side test. Demo or borrow a set of clubs and play a few rounds with both. Hit some common shots with forced carries or trouble that you tend to want to miss. See which ones give you the best results.

I am in the midst of some swing issues but I will say that switching to GI irons has made me a better iron player(I think) but I'm not shooting lower scores.
It's weird for sure and I can see myself going back to stronger lofted players cavities next time around.

All I know is that my first 9 after getting my GI irons (Adams CB3), I hit like 60% of the greens. Haven't done that ever with my CMB's, so that's gotta say something right there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

We're your clubs properly fit for you? That could have an effect on your swing.

This is a great answer. With so many left shots (assuming you're a righty), either you swing has something wrong to be that consistently left or your club lie and loft could be better fit (most likely both). Lie adjustments are one of the best kept secrets for improving accuracy with irons, much more so than perimeter weighting IMHO. The weight and shafting of the club is second most important.

For me, third most important is looks but I'm shallow! ;)

Well I went back to my Amp Cell Pros today and took 9 strokes off my round with GI irons and hit 6 more GIRs. So I can honestly say I will not be looking at GI irons again for a long while.

Get a lesson from a reputable pro in your area that will give you video analysis to watch at home.
You have heard the saying, "It's the Indian, not the arrows." It applies here.
Before getting discouraged or purchasing new equipment (which will amplify the problem), get the pull under control and then fine tune equipment.

If you don't want to pay for lessons, download a golf swing analyzer (some are free) for a smart phone or iPad. You'll probably see what your doing wrong, or post the video and let some other THPers look at it.

Back