Northern California Get Together?

Yep
I just call him DJ he is a hell of a golfer sub 5 really close to 0

Maybe I'll put him in my group and get a lesson

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Pairings look good to me! I'm getting pumped and even found my yardage book for a little pre-round study. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and playing such a great course!

See you all out there tomorrow. I'll be there probably around 1015 or so. hitting a few balls or on the short game area.

Can't wait to give this old Girl a go tomorrow

Well folks we are getting very close to what promises to be an excellent day! Does anyone know the Pasa driving range rules? If memory serves, they ask that you don't hit driver. Is that still the case? Does anyone know if DeLaveaga has a similar rule?

In case anyone wants to read the Pasa review I did almost exactly a year ago...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?46622-Pasatiempo-Golf-Club-Santa-Cruz-CA

I remember reading that review when you wrote it. I wanted to play it so bad at that point and ended up going with Rob and El Bandito a month or so later. I didn't play well and kind of don't expect to tomorrow either, but you definitely feel something special there that makes any visit worth it, regardless of score.

Have fun guys and don't forget the pictures. Yes, that includes you too Eddie. :D

Have fun guys and don't forget the pictures. Yes, that includes you too Eddie. :D

Yes! I've actually been meaning to post about this. With a course this epic and such a good turn out, we need to do a good job capturing it. Especially with the MC going on, we have to show that the NorCal Crew is holding it down on the Pacific.

I remember reading that review when you wrote it. I wanted to play it so bad at that point and ended up going with Rob and El Bandito a month or so later. I didn't play well and kind of don't expect to tomorrow either, but you definitely feel something special there that makes any visit worth it, regardless of score.

with the way I played today on an average course, I need to have this attitude or I'm going to end up putting a 9-iron into my head.

with the way I played today on an average course, I need to have this attitude or I'm going to end up putting a 9-iron into my head.

I am going through some serious modifications to my swing, and it was not pretty my most recent range trip. My plan is to try and hit some good shots, enjoy the opportunity to play such a great course and of course the company of the THPers I will be playing with.

See you all mañana!

I am going through some serious modifications to my swing, and it was not pretty my most recent range trip. My plan is to try and hit some good shots, enjoy the opportunity to play such a great course and of course the company of the THPers I will be playing with.

See you all mañana!

same here. Completely new backswing and hinge. After the lesson, first 8 holes I played I was +1. It's pretty much been a disaster since....weird freaking game...

Well folks we are getting very close to what promises to be an excellent day! Does anyone know the Pasa driving range rules? If memory serves, they ask that you don't hit driver. Is that still the case? Does anyone know if DeLaveaga has a similar rule?

In case anyone wants to read the Pasa review I did almost exactly a year ago...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?46622-Pasatiempo-Golf-Club-Santa-Cruz-CA

You can hit driver there unless you are cranking 300 yards. The range is up hill so you need to carry 280+ (In a straight line) to get into any trouble. The issue is the chance of hitting it onto the short game area at the other end.

Yes! I've actually been meaning to post about this. With a course this epic and such a good turn out, we need to do a good job capturing it. Especially with the MC going on, we have to show that the NorCal Crew is holding it down on the Pacific.

Eddie i will try to remember my DLSR

See you all mañana!

With my new twins this is the first round in a month should be fun

I may not make the 1st tee time Eddie, 880 and 17 are sloooowww..... If I am lucky will be there about 11, but rate I am moving that would be a surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man sorry guys , been working a ton and nursing a hip injury,hope you guys had a good time,i'll be ready for the next one forsure

man sorry guys , been working a ton and nursing a hip injury,hope you guys had a good time,i'll be ready for the next one forsure
You miss an great round
it was a amazing round weather was perfect

Northern California Get Together?

Great time. Everybody in our group struggled to score, course had some areas of rough shape due to some top dressing applied this past Monday and the fairways tended to show the impact of the drought. All that did, however, was change the way it played a bit. The course design was a blast to play and the huge, undulating greens rolled mostly true and were unlike anything else I have seen.

A great time and special thanks to Eddie and the local members for all the coordination and securing the great price.

A few pics

5a8eme8y.jpg

2ubaqyre.jpg

dysebyhe.jpg

by8avy9a.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, I just got home, but I'll start a new thread for pics and stories from the day.

Back